Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
You bet Jorge, DF, no doubt that Brown is a tack driver and will give you an extra 2 to 300 yards of effective hunting range over the old BAR.

Trump Won!
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I read the first couple of pages and then skipped to the back, so I may be repeating what others have said.

In my opinion, yes.

New shooters are probably finding more plastic stocked, stainless steel firearms than wood and blue these days. Our military is turning out men and women that are used to M4's and other auto loading variant's and this will commonly carry over to their civilian shooting interests.....just like our fore fathers from WW 1&2 came back home and found that they preferred bolt action rifles to the common levers. Those of the Vietnam era and onto todays vets, got a taste for the semi autos and the "modern sporting rifle" age is born....

I love the looks and feel of Savage 99, Pre 64 Winchester 70 or 94, the early Remington's and more. But I also find the synthetic/stainless give peace of mind when its rattling around in the truck or on a quad or shooting off a rock strewn rest. That's just the way it is.

BT53
"Where do they find young men like this?" Reporter Savidge, Iraq
Elk, it's what's for dinner....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Walnut and blued steel are going to become the exception rather than the rule. Guns are changing, and changing fast as technology is allowing a LOT of makers to do a lot of weird and interesting things on the cheap. Sometimes those weird things work out, and guns change.

But there will always be the gun nuts like us. The enthusiast is going to be interested in guns that look a little different. They'll seek out the roots of their shooting sticks and in the process learn about the great guns of the past.

And it's becoming easier to indulge one's love of older or historic style guns. Whether it be all the 19th century rifles and revolvers made by Uberti (It's a LONG list of guns). Or consider that a number of makers in England, Spain, and Italy are making copies of the greatest English game guns of the 19th century.

As for bolt action sporting rifles...Well, Winchester is still making a classic style model 70. And all the greats of the past are still out there, in large numbers, and not necessarily expensive.

I don't think classic rifles are going away; I just think they will be the enthusiasts rifle rather than the rifle everyone else is using.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
16 New Rifles from SHOT Show 2019 - A rundown of the best rifles debuting from some of the sport’s leading manufacturers

Jiminy Jillikers! No wood in the lot! Mind you, the Weatherby is a bargain at $2300. smile

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

https://www.outdoorlife.com/16-new-rifles-from-shot-show-2019/

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
[quote=jwall][quote=jwall]I haven't had time to read all posts in this thread but As For Me.... NO

^^^^^^ My All Time FAV stock ! Bar NONE. Factory Stock !

- x - x - x - x - x

BTW, it hunts too.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

YES, it still hunts today.

Win 70 XTR FTWT 6.5X55, 120 NBT, 4350 powder 3000 fps.
It was SO foggy this AM I couldn't see 100 yds until 9:00 AM
@ 9:30 He came out of the brush as the fog was lifting. No sun shining at this point.

He was angled away more than I thot. Bullet entered behind left shoulder and exited in front of the right shoulder.
( Note: those are FRONT shoulders not rear shoulders LOL )

A little later the sun is shining.

Classic Wood / Blue Ain't Dead.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
You can say that all you want, but it's not going to change a thing. And holding your breath won't change a thing either. laugh

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Now that is just mean, Steve, just mean. 😂

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Yeah. laugh

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

497 members (22kHornet, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 300jimmy, 38 invisible), 2,590 guests, and 1,061 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,286
Posts18,467,868
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.