Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Switch
After "using them for decades" maybe time to move into the new century! Do you ship using Pony Express?

laugh

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Boomer1961
So there is a new scam going on with the e-Pay sights. I was recenlty hit with a $200 loss from paypal as a seller due to their TOS on a non-gun related item.

Goes like this.
Buyer uses e-Pay sight linked to credit card.
Seller gets funds and immediately ships due to ebay, paypal, and other sights dinging you with negative feedback if you do not immediately ship. I have received negative feedback because I shipped at 48 hours due to having a job and not being a Johnny on the spot shipping-listing said I think said 3 or 4 days maximum-what is allowed at ebay.
Buyer receives the item at his registered e-pay address.
Some time passes. It was 2 weeks for me when Paypal notifies me that the credit card used was stolen and they are freezing my account for any withdrawals, but I could accept payments and offer refunds.
I dispute this as I sent the item to the registered paypal address and did not violate any terms.
Several weeks later paypal took the ~$200 back saying they found in favor of the person whose credit card was stolen (probably had to refund) and Paypal was not going to eat the cost so it was going to be me-the cost of doing business they say. I am not a business but an occasions seller 6-12 times a year everywhere..
I was furious but with e-pay sights for buyers you are stuck with their TOS where the rich man never loses money so if a credit card dispute is made Paypal has to refund the credit card so they stick it to the seller.
In my contact with paypal they said that there has been allot of this going on in recent years.
The only way I could think of to make this scan work is to burn yourself-buy allot of stuff-then report your card stolen since merchandise went to the Paypal listed address-I did verify this later that I did not send to the Ebay address-they both matched..
The paypal agent stated they could not comment on specific details on how this scam works but did say if it happened again to report it to paypal and to withhold shipping the item until it was clear it was not fraud-WTF kind of answer is that?
I also learned that I am bound to their own internal arbitration by TOS.

This does not happen with a USPS M/O

I am also notified by my e-pay sights, banks, credit card companies, and so on at least once every six months that they have been hacked and that I must change my login info, get a new credit card number ,etc....... though I worn you that banks do not change your account number like a credit card company dose and a story from a friends experience if you ever receive this from your bank immediately close your account or risk having your money taken and not returned for 3+ months after painful and costy filing of police reports that they do not wish to do and many many meetings, phone calls, emails, etc. A bank will not even consider this until the police report is filed. My township now charges for police reports if not done from a incident or urgent call-though they do have a minor charge of $15 for a copy.

The USPS by using M/O does not repeatedly keep loosing my personal information and money to hackers and thieves.

Several years back I ended sending personal checks. This was when paypal went all gun nazi on 2A members (yet discrimination on the two digit amendment protected classes is considered racism-sexism-agism-and all kinds of other ism;s) so I paid by personal check with no thought. Within 4 days of mailing my bank account was drained. Was this a coincidence? Maybe so. Luckily it was my back up bank account I use for checks and bank transfers so it was not loaded. Took nearly two months to be made whole with lots of requirements like filing a police report.

The USPS by using M/O does not have my bank account all over it.

Another scam is websites where Mods/owners/administrators have access to email addresses and passwords. Seems that some folks use only a few passwords. The thief takes the email address used at the website and the password at the website and gives it a go at paypal to take over the account and do thieving. The older folks who can not remember 101 different passwords are most vulnerable, Yes, common sense these days is to not do this .........but in the cyber world nothing ever goes away and this data can be had- and there are folks in Nigeria that work full time at nothing more than testing out this accumulated data. Moral of the story-changer your password-do not recycle a password. The more internet purchasing and larger internet presence you have then the more often you should change your password. This is a snowballing effect because you have to now remember all these passwords else get locked out from using your money!.

The USPS by using M/O does not save emails/accounts/passwords.

I suspect most members here are of the 40+ or older age group, from a time when simple was better. I hear all the millennials and later here, who are most likely from single child families and have what the Chinese call the Prince & Princess Syndrome, that grew up in an world centered around them and protected from anything negative and branded with the need for instant gratification ........ crying out that few minute visit to their bank or post office is like so much effort and drains them of all their energy, so difficult because there is no instant button to push, ........walking up hill both ways in snow 40 degrees below zero story-for crying out loud-toughen up and show some balls and stop your whining about a form of payment that older people prefer when dealing with those they have not established a trusting relationship with. Same goes for the six weeks it takes to get your money back if the M/O is lost or stolen......big deal......in the end they are 100% reliable unlike the epay sights...... and have way less paperwork and time investment needed to get your money back-just a simple claim form with your sworn statement and your M/O stub-.......boo hoo, so hard to do. As this Covid thing continues to wreck our economy and we enter a great depression larger than the last one that resulted in a great war over the land and resources.............well....you all are going to have to do allot more waiting and allot more walking so get use to it. Actually way easier than e-Pay to file against a thief, plus M/O requires a physical presence that offers opportunity to catch a thief. Several years back after my paypal then my personal check fiasco so was using a MO, ,,,,,,,,seller swore up and down that he did not receive the money order. The Post Office does offer the opportunity to include further documentation and I included emails where he said he did not receive it and where we mutually agreed to cancel. The stupid idiot then went on to cash it at a bank or something (if at USPS they would have immediately denied it) and got the money. The USPS Inspector Generals office or something like contacted me and stated that the M/O was cashed by the seller way after my refund and asked me to fill out a sworn statement at the post office that I did not receive the items later and itt was countersigned by them like a notary. I left having had the strong impression that the post office was going to get their money back-but they would not comment other than confirming the MO was cashed some two months after I received a refund. That was one stupid fellow for sure..

If my money was stolen electronically there is a very high probability of the the thief getting away with it. I think the lowest probability of success is with a USPS M/O and it has the harshest penalty. Here is California if your profession is thieving all you need to do is keep it under grand theft and all you get is a ticket-no going to jail-no drug or alcohol withdrawals, even if you do not pay your ticket you do not get arrested but instead get a bigger ticket......has to do with something about only certain types of people going to jail so its unfair and nothing to do with the crime being the reason-they just recently tried to pass a no bail system where bigger thieves would be released on a promise to return so they could go out and do more thieving till trial-a man has to eat-ya know!.........now these little tickets are just part of the cost of doing business. I won't comment on how crazy this system is with bold daylight breakins of cars and houses amok everywhere and homeless folks camping anywhere they please so long as it snot inf front of Pelosi's, Harris's, or Newsoms houses and businesses..... I do know of an instance where a friend was successful at getting the USPS to go after a thief for a few hundred dollars. They were successful at getting the money back in exchange for not prosecuting. e-Pay sights will just say SOL-read our TOS. With the Feds there are no tickets for thieving-you get to work out at Club Fed to work out your withdrawal symptoms.

Moral of the story is picking on folks wanting to use USPS M/O is age discrimination as we are a two digit amendment protected class and this can get you a class action lawsuit ,........... all because the young adults are just to darn lazy these days........and yes I can say that because young people are not a two digit amendment protected class of people.

Originally Posted by RDW
JFC...I will wait for someone with a few hours to kill reading the short story from newbie LOL

[bleep], man, I'm with ya.' CliffsNotes, anybody?

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
For any larger transactions, mailing with a priority mail envelope works every time for me.

I have been lucky and delt with a LOT of very nice people, and I am thankful for all of you, buyers and sellers.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

Originally Posted by RDW
JFC...I will wait for someone with a few hours to kill reading the short story from newbie LOL

No fuucking way am I doing it!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Fifth Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

Originally Posted by RDW

No fuucking way am I doing it!

Cliff Notes:
* Money Orders are superior
* Young people are not a protected class like old people

IC B2

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B

Originally Posted by RDW

[bleep], man, I'm with ya.' CliffsNotes, anybody?[/quote]

Boomer in his screen name is an appropriate fit and not taking a USPS MO is age discrimination...

Last edited by Boonechaser; 11/25/20.
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
I've always been a Postal MO guy as I like to walk into our small town bank and walk out with cash.

Makes things really simple for me.

Recently started selling some bulk stuff on here PP only and have guys asking to send MO's and the like. Gave in a few times only to be bit by adding WEEKS onto sales as guys will send schidt via snail mail!!!! WTF?

PP convert here.

Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks?

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Higbean finally walks upright... it’s a miracle😂

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
But I see you’re still on your belly.

"We don't rent pigs"
G
GF1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I don’t like USPS MOs, never did like them for several reasons (like banks don’t want to cash them), but had a transaction here about a year ago that firmly committed me against them.

Even though my ad said no USPS MOs, this buyer sent a USPS MO. Long story short, his small town post office was using outdated money orders, and when I tried to cash at my post office, it was refused and I was in an immediate discussion and investigation with postal inspectors who said the money order was a fraud. The investigation took about a week before the postal inspectors ate crow and acknowledged the MO was legit and authorized the clerk to cash it.

No postal MOs for me, and I also refuse to pay with one now.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Postal money orders? Not a chance anymore. Bank drafts only. PMO's are for dinosaurs. Takes 6 weeks to collect if they lose them. And, you pay them to look for them! They're nuts.

Lost bank drafts can be cancelled and redone easily.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Personally I’m not sending a MO. Haven’t seen anything I’ve wanted bad enough to deal with them. I’m not taking off work to drive to the PO, wait in line, pay to get the money order then pay to mail it off and hope it gets there. My working hours don’t fit the PO schedule. Too much BS can happen with them as well. I don’t even like getting them. I can’t mobile deposit them. I have to got to my bank. Nothing but BS with a MO.

You ain't about that life.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well by damn, they were good enough for the Greatest Generation, they should be good enough for you.

I pay with Green Stamps only.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Waiting in line while those leftist vermin at USPS piss around selling stamps to people is a huge waste of time. If you are trying to run a business rather than watching the grass grow, time is money. If you won't accept a company check, then I don't need your item.

If PayPal catches you using their services in selling or buying gun parts, they will lock your account (both seller and buyer) and you can kiss your money goodbye. I have seen some of these idiots on eBAY posting the description (i.e. Remington 700 Barrel) on their PayPal invoice- stupid, stupid, stupid.

In my experience, the buyers and sellers who insist on a MO are afraid of their wives discovering their gun transactions.What a life...hiding money and guns from your spouse.

Last edited by 3584ELK; 05/02/21. Reason: consolidation

"I didn't realize we had so many snipers in this country." by J23
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 3584ELK
Originally Posted by Switch
Postal money orders are a pain in the ass, here you usually stand in line at the Post Office for 20 minutes to get one, my bank charges me $3.00 for a cashiers check. I know PayPal is a bunch of jerks but I'll gladly pay 3% on a $500 deal to avoid the long lines and trouble of rounding up a MO. I have no problem with personal check because in this day and age checks clear over night or at least in a day. I think holding an item for 7 to 10 days is BS Most gun guys on here with history can be trusted, haven't been screwed yet, but I guess my turn is coming.. I'm trusting you when I send you a check without having the item I paid for in hand, so how about showing me the same trust when I send you a check. I don't buy items that the seller demands a MO.

If PayPal catches you using their services in selling or buying gun parts, they will lock your account (both seller and buyer) and you can kiss your money goodbye. I have some of these idiots on eBAY posting the description on their PayPal invoice- stupid, stupid, stupid.

Fugg PayPal and FleaBay !!! Both Anti-Gun POS’s. 😡

All the transactions I’ve done on the Campfire except one have involved Personal Checks. Never had a problem.
I won’t do Postal Money Orders either.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I just go to my bank and get a money order from the teller.
No fees, and ask for an envelope. Put a stamp on it and send it snail mail.
Nothing I have ever purchased here was a critical item I needed by X date or time.

ETA: the only time I have been screwed here is when I sent cash. $12.00, but I still haven't received my factory crimp die.

Last edited by calikooknic; 05/02/21.

Sean
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
I have done dozens, if not hundreds, of transactions with USPS MO or personal checks with no issues. I live in a small town, with the Post Office about 5 minutes away. My bank and PO are within sight of each other and there are virtually never more than one or two people waiting in line at either.
I have a PayPal account, but seldom use it and never for firearms. I have made it for 70 years living like this and sure as hell won't be changing any time soon.
donsm70

Life Member...Safari Club International
Life Member...Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Life Member...Keystone Country Elk Alliance
Life Member...National Rifle Association
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Fifth: No "fascination" involved just the certainty, protections and reliability of the postal money orders - been using them (a LOT!) safely for half a century plus now, and don't plan on changing!
Puzzling to me is why anyone would question their use.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’ve done hundreds of transactions with men here on the Campfire. We’ve used postal service money orders, cashiers checks, certified checks, personal checks, and cash. There has never been a problem with any of it. Ever. It’s never been a big deal regardless. And I’ve never had a problem with any bank regarding any of it. It’s really pretty easy to use any of the above.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by antlers
I’ve done hundreds of transactions with men here on the Campfire. We’ve used postal service money orders, cashiers checks, certified checks, personal checks, and cash. There has never been a problem with any of it. Ever. It’s never been a big deal regardless. And I’ve never had a problem with any bank regarding any of it. It’s really pretty easy to use any of the above.

Hey antlers,
I remember some years ago when we were in competition for available custom knives. I ended up with more than I need, as I'm sure that you did, as well.
donsm70

Last edited by donsm70; 05/02/21.

Life Member...Safari Club International
Life Member...Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Life Member...Keystone Country Elk Alliance
Life Member...National Rifle Association
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

633 members (06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 1eyedmule, 70 invisible), 2,521 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,683
Posts18,456,326
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.