Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
This has always been on my bucket list , but never more than a thought .
I’m know actually looking into this now for 2022.
I’m looking at a fully guided hunt.
Looking for any input , advice , or reviews from any of you guys that have done this .

Last edited by Stilllearning; 11/25/20.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Eh... Yukon is a Canadian Province...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
I've been guiding moose hunters in the Yukon for 30 plus years now. I work for Ceaser Lake Outfitters. Check them out, great outfit and great people. The difference between the Yukon and Alaska is pressure. The population in Yukon is about 35k people. Hunting pressure is almost non existent in the areas we hunt. You wont see another hunter. Yukon is a Territory, not a Province.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

Yes it is .
Brain and pen on separate page .
I meant to say I’ve been thinking of both , but leaning towards the Yukon .
However I am open to both areas .

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by yukon254
I've been guiding moose hunters in the Yukon for 30 plus years now. I work for Ceaser Lake Outfitters. Check them out, great outfit and great people. The difference between the Yukon and Alaska is pressure. The population in Yukon is about 35k people. Hunting pressure is almost non existent in the areas we hunt. You wont see another hunter. Yukon is a Territory, not a Province.

Thank you for the correction! I did not know the distinction meant anything. I have a tiny grasp of the differences now.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B2

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by Stilllearning

Yes it is .

Feel free to shoot me a PM with any questions. I dont sell hunts or get anything if/when someone book. I have as much experience hunting moose as anyone and a lot more than most. Nothing worse than getting fleeced on a hunt and it happens to often it seems.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Yes it is .

Feel free to shoot me a PM with any questions. I dont sell hunts or get anything if/when someone book. I have as much experience hunting moose as anyone and a lot more than most. Nothing worse than getting fleeced on a hunt and it happens to often it seems.

You will do a pile of searching to find a better source than Yukon 254.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
My advise would be not to go fully guided... huge waste of money IMO as long as you've got time to do a little research.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Yes it is .

gold there. nice offer

U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
Originally Posted by REDVANES
My advise would be not to go fully guided... huge waste of money IMO as long as you've got time to do a little research.
x2

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Thank you for the correction! I did not know the distinction meant anything. I have a tiny grasp of the differences now.

Sitka deer;
Good evening to you Art, I hope the week has been treating you acceptably and this finds you well.

Since you sort of/kind of asked the difference between a province and a territory is that there is a constitutional distinction between provinces and territories. While provinces exercise constitutional powers in their own right, the territories exercise delegated powers under the authority of the Parliament of Canada.

More or less, provinces have the ability to have a broader control over most facets of governance than territories which are linked to the Federal government via Parliament. Not that the Federal Government doesn't have way too much control over much of our daily lives, but broadly speaking that's the difference.

As far as hunting pressure, it's a different world in the Yukon which I'll illustrate with a story my buddy told me when he first moved up there from BC.

There is a fair bit of hunting pressure here in BC even in the north because there's more of us and typically folks moving to the western most province do so for the outdoor experience.

Anyway Art, buddy was fueling up at remote Yukon gas station and asked the attendant if there was a lot of sheep hunting pressure on the mountain behind the station. The chap looked at him a wee bit perplexed and replied that as far as he was aware, and since he'd been there for 25 years he would be aware - but as far as he knew nobody had been up on that mountain for any reason in a decade! laugh

All the best to you and your fine family sir and Happy Thanksgiving.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Yes it is .

I would probably listen to this guy, and request him as a your guide.... you can’t buy that type of experience usually, he’ll work his ass for ya, keep you safe and you’ll have a great hunt.. or he wouldn’t be employed by a reputable outfit. Hint

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BC30cal

Sitka deer;
Good evening to you Art, I hope the week has been treating you acceptably and this finds you well.

Since you sort of/kind of asked the difference between a province and a territory is that there is a constitutional distinction between provinces and territories. While provinces exercise constitutional powers in their own right, the territories exercise delegated powers under the authority of the Parliament of Canada.

More or less, provinces have the ability to have a broader control over most facets of governance than territories which are linked to the Federal government via Parliament. Not that the Federal Government doesn't have way too much control over much of our daily lives, but broadly speaking that's the difference.

As far as hunting pressure, it's a different world in the Yukon which I'll illustrate with a story my buddy told me when he first moved up there from BC.

There is a fair bit of hunting pressure here in BC even in the north because there's more of us and typically folks moving to the western most province do so for the outdoor experience.

Anyway Art, buddy was fueling up at remote Yukon gas station and asked the attendant if there was a lot of sheep hunting pressure on the mountain behind the station. The chap looked at him a wee bit perplexed and replied that as far as he was aware, and since he'd been there for 25 years he would be aware - but as far as he knew nobody had been up on that mountain for any reason in a decade! laugh

All the best to you and your fine family sir and Happy Thanksgiving.

Dwayne

Dwayne, Hope you and yours' have a wonderful USA day today!

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
I have a friend that’s bowhunted Cesar lake outfitters several times. I believe he has killed a moose each time.

NRA Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BC30cal
there is a constitutional distinction between provinces and territories. While provinces exercise constitutional powers in their own right, the territories exercise delegated powers under the authority of the Parliament of Canada.

That is interesting. I did not know that. I figured (assumed I guess---as I never really gave it much thought) that the Yukon, Northwest and Nunavut Territories kept the "Territory" in their name for nostalgia and prestige purposes only....

Thanks for the trivia.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T Inman;
Happy Thanksgiving to you my cyber friend!

You are most welcome and thanks for both reading and the note.

From chatting with friends who live and work there as well as reading, I'd say that in a practical sense the territories would be eligible for more Federal money, but have less control over where it's spent. Please note that's just my "Cole's Notes" version of it and nothing more.

One of the big sticking points in Canadian provincial relationships are the Federal Transfer Payments which go from "have" provinces to "have not" provinces. For instance Alberta used to pay boat loads of money into the system and received nothing back because of it's oil and gas industry.

Now that the current Liberal government has essentially allowed it to be destroyed, they still don't get any transfer payments coming back in.

Here in BC, our GDP exceeded all of the Atlantic provinces combined... but we have zero say in how they spend the money and worse still, they have more seats in Parliament than we do, so of course they'll keep electing folks like the Liberals who will continue to keep them on the Federal dole...

That's going into the rhubarb a wee bit, but not exactly which is unusual for me I suppose.

Happy Thanksgiving again sir.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (1lessdog, 1minute, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 1lesfox, 57 invisible), 2,556 guests, and 1,286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,564
Posts18,453,755
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.