Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Sure hope this is a sign of things to come.

Roberts vote not needed.

https://twitter.com/kevincorke/status/1331833697419595776

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

GB1

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...4-2fa6-11eb-860d-f7999599cbc2_story.html

The Supreme Court’s new conservative majority late Wednesday night sided with religious organizations in New York that said they were illegally targeted by pandemic-related restrictions imposed by Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo to combat spiking coronavirus cases.
Support our journalism. Subscribe today.
The 5 to 4 order was the first show of solidified conservative strength on the court since the confirmation of Justice Amy Coney Barrett, who replaced liberal Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg. The decision differed from the court’s previous practice of deferring to local officials on pandemic-related restrictions, even in the area of constitutionally protected religious rights.
“Even in a pandemic, the Constitution cannot be put away and forgotten,” the unsigned opinion granting a stay of the state’s orders said. “The restrictions at issue here, by effectively barring many from attending religious services, strike at the very heart of the First Amendment’s guarantee of religious liberty.”

Last edited by 79S; 11/25/20.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Keep Prayin folk

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Not surprising, but a good sign. Maybe we now have 5 justices who will take what the constitution says seriously. Roberts can't be depended on.

I think SCOTUS will soon get an election case. Then we will see what happens.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by bowmanh
Not surprising, but a good sign. Maybe we now have 5 justices who will take what the constitution says seriously. Roberts can't be depended on.

sure the hell hope so... and they do what's right...

its evident as hell, Biden couldn't come near on votes as Trump got..

and its is obvious that a Mongoloid could figure out the demo' RATS cheated with all the fraudulent tricks they could think up...

I hope it is decided Trump won the election and I also hope over the next 4 years there are a lot of demo 'RATS that were tried and found guilty of election Fraud and they are put behind bars for 10 plus years.... in every state in the USA...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B2

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by bowmanh

sure the hell hope so... and they do what's right...

its evident as hell, Biden couldn't come near on votes as Trump got..

and its is obvious that a Mongoloid could figure out the demo' RATS cheated with all the fraudulent tricks they could think up...

I hope it is decided Trump won the election and I also hope over the next 4 years there are a lot of demo 'RATS that were tried and found guilty of election Fraud and they are put behind bars for 10 plus years.... in every state in the USA...

Seafire,

I have feeling mail in ballots are done. If this gets to the Supreme Court which I’m sure it will. I’m hoping the conservative judges rule mail in ballots unconstitutional because states cannot guarantee the integrity of the vote. Which will make Oregon rewrite what it does for elections.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Praise Jesus for the Majority

WTF is wrong with Roberts?

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by BobBrown

You gotta wonder if he is the John Roberts on the manifest for the lolita express.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Worth remembering: Someone with more knowledge of legal history may correct me, but as I understand it, conservative justices tend to follow the constitution, but they also tend to stay inside the lines of case before them. It is against their nature to rule on questions that aren't asked. Contrast this with liberals who will jump at the chance to change something they have been wanting to change if someone will just ask a question (bring a case) that gets them close enough to "make the jump."

This is why lawyers with an agenda, both liberal and conservative, are careful to bring cases that pose the questions they want to be asked and answered.

My point is that just any "election case" may not have the desired overall result. It may take more than one case, or at least the right case, and so far we haven't gotten anything in front of them.

All that said, at least we have a good number of conservative justices, and I'm hoping as much as anyone else hereabouts.

Last edited by Gun_Doc; 11/26/20.

Clinging to guns & religion since 1959

Keyboards make people braver than alcohol

Election Integrity is more important than Election Convenience

Washington Post: "Democracy Dies in Darkness"
More correct: "Killing Democracy Faster Than Darkness"
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C

Roberts is a neocon sock puppet. It really is no more complicated than that.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by CashisKing

I think he's a pedophile and the dumocrats have the goods on him.

Life is good live it while you can.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Gun_Doc
Worth remembering: Someone with more knowledge of legal history may correct me, but as I understand it, conservative justices tend to follow the constitution, but they also tend to stay inside the lines of case before them. It is against their nature to rule on questions that aren't asked. Contrast this with liberals who will jump at the chance to change something they have been wanting to change if someone will just ask a question (bring a case) that gets them close enough t "make the jump."

This is why lawyers with an agenda, both liberal and conservative, are careful to bring cases that pose the questions they want to be asked and answered.

My point is that just any "election case" may not have the desired overall result. It may take more than one case, or at least the right case, and so far we haven't gotten anything in front of them.

All that said, at least we have a good number of conservative justices, and I'm hoping as much as anyone else hereabouts.

This.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
[bleep] that backstabber Roberts.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Gun_Doc
Worth remembering: Someone with more knowledge of legal history may correct me, but as I understand it, conservative justices tend to follow the constitution, but they also tend to stay inside the lines of case before them. It is against their nature to rule on questions that aren't asked. Contrast this with liberals who will jump at the chance to change something they have been wanting to change if someone will just ask a question (bring a case) that gets them close enough t "make the jump."

I think this is very true.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

A Bush appointment.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Pat85

A Bush appointment.

Yep.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
As a whole, (all of the justices)... I just don't trust them.

No further than I could throw them.

Individually, I trust 2-3, but that's it.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
[bleep] that backstabber Roberts.

He might of been to Epstein island and got caught. Hopefully the truths are revealed.

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Not a Roberts fan at all, glad he is not needed

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I really wish the truth would come out about Roberts,,,
How many times will he do this?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

634 members (160user, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 1Akshooter, 63 invisible), 2,439 guests, and 1,172 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,255
Posts18,467,016
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.