Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
If I understand the process correctly, if this election is ruled null-n-void Congress selects the next President. Each State getting (1) vote.

There are more Republican controlled States than Democrat, so in theory President Trump would win, in theory.

We already have had a few Republican Senators and members of Congress go public and condemn Trump and his legal team for “questioning the sanctity of our election process”. How deep does this go in the Republican Establishment? Let’s not forget Kemp (R) and his Secretary of State.

What say you, will the Republican Establishment support their Party President, or will they vote him gone so they can get back to business as usual?

Last edited by steve4102; 11/26/20.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Trump's election has shown many of the GOP to be spinless, self-serving scum - kinda like the DNC leadership. They will only partially come on board if there is an undeniable positive outcome. Never forget those bastards.

Last edited by 280shooter; 11/26/20.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Traditional conservatives in America have no one except each other. The federal government is owned by someone else.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Traditional conservatives in America have no one except each other.

So you think the Republicans will not support Trump?

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by steve4102

They will do the absolute minimum "supporting Trump" required to save their own skin and still preserve them plausible deniability.

LOL
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
It's a legitimate question. I don't know the answer but I wouldn't be surprised at all to see enough cuck rhino's throw it to biden in a 12th Amendment scenario.

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
I wouldn’t hold my breath expecting them to do the right thing.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fireball2

They will do the absolute minimum "supporting Trump" required to save their own skin and still preserve them plausible deniability.

Yes, they'll do just what they have to do in order to keep their job....but I really believe they have nothing to worry about.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

There may be a few individuals in Congress who will. But the majority will hide from the issue. The RNC will make some noise about the matter but they won't do anything.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
The deep state right is just as dirty as the deep state left . People need to hang.

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
IC B3

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Actually, I expect the GOP Congress to do worse than nothing. Most of them would work with the Democrats to get Trump out of office if the opportunity presented itself.

As mentioned,..most of them are owned.

G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
Should these congress members have any dream of remaining in office they will. If they don’t their playhouse is torn down. Gravy train is train wreck. Especially w only two year terms. They will all be kickin rocks.

America, Our Country and we’re taking it back.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have very little trust in any politician. Low expectations. Never very disappointed either.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Yes. Dead ones.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
I don't trust any politician as far as I can throw them, no matter what letter they have next to their name. Anymore it don't take long for most of them to prove how worthless really they are. They just have a good sales pitch but given time most of them will fall in a category below drug dealers,pedophiles,used car salesmen and lowyers.

Just because you're offended doesn't mean your right.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Little trust, but as long as SP is on the case I hope they play their hands well. She is going to be historically famous if even one of these are successful let alone as many as I suspect.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What trust have they earned the last few decades?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S

There may be a few individuals in Congress who will. But the majority will hide from the issue. The RNC will make some noise about the matter but they won't do anything.

I guess we are not on the same page here. I’m talking about a SC. Ruling that puts the election in the hands of Congress where each state gets (1) vote. If this happens they will be forced to vote Trump or Biden, no ambiguity, no hiding, nothing but a straight up vote.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Some, not all.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Unfortunately, I too feel conservative Americans no longer have any representation in politics. The R's are useless and the D's are terrible! They look out for themselves and nothing else. Interesting, challenging, times we live in. To answer the OP'ss question, they'll only support Trump if it supports them, IMO.

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

617 members (1234, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 69 invisible), 2,603 guests, and 1,269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,667
Posts18,455,932
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.