-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It’s not uncommon for the things that once brought us joy to no longer bring us joy.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I sold off my African game rifles when health dictated it. I dont like inventory lying round that isnt fulfilling a purpose.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I sold 3 of my rifles earlier in the year when I had almost no work. have a mortgage payment to make, wish I didn't have to but did.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i have a bunch of guns i like. i will sell some because i have enjoyed them and will let someone else enjoy them and i will buy something else with the money. thats really the reason i bought most of the guns. i call them my 401G. when i would come home from a gunshow with one and my wife would look at me, i would say "401G" and she trusted me. she has seen me buy guns and then sell them for 2-3 times what i paid. i have only sold a couple for less than i paid and that was because there was something wrong with them and i got burned. i also never sell a clunker without telling the person what i think is wrong with it. that goes for cars too. thats why i have sold some for a loss. but all in all, i am waaaay ahead.

now then again, i have guns i will never sell and an order of guns i would sell if i was destitute. i started my adult life with a good 22, a good deer gun, a good shotgun and a good flintlock. i could go back to those 4 if i really, really had to.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sold in a few in the last 4 years that I liked because although I liked them and they were beautiful; they just didn't get used because they were so nice. So in retirement I'm thinning out the safe queens and concentrating on stuff I shoot more often. The safes were too crowded, anyway.

IC B2

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Sometimes you fuuuck up.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Stupidity mostly.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I sold my H&K collection during the Obama assault weapons high, I kinda sorta regret doing it. But making money is never a bad thing. I've been trying to talk myself out of selling some 9mm, 5.56 and 7.62x51 ammo. It's worth to much to shoot and is irreplaceable at the moment.

Life is good live it while you can.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by 19352012
I bet I've read where someone wishes they had such and such a firearm back, on this website 9 million times. Why are people selling firearms that they like? I cant think of a single firearm I wish I had back that i sold. Why are you doing this to yourselves?

I loaned a shotgun to a friend. He sold it because he needed money. I told him I would have given him all the money he needed. He is still my friend. It's only money.

Because most of us would rather sell our guns and put the money in our pocket than loan them to friends who sell them and put the money in there pocket!

It's simple logic.....Lol

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Im more of a buyer than a seller .

IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
I think you just answered your own question.

Exactly. The OP doesn't realize some people feel like they need the money more at the time, regardless of how much they like the rifle/firearm... When I sell a rifle, I say to myself that it is going to a good home. I've sold some good ones too. Some to guys here and I know they went to great homes. I also won't sell a rifle that doesn't shoot well. I also agree with what nyrifleman said and "re evaluate" that friendship...I have friends that are more like brothers, I can't imagine any of them doing that to me, or viseversa...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by 158XTP
I sold off my African game rifles when health dictated it. I dont like inventory lying round that isnt fulfilling a purpose.

Pretty much this.

I’ve set aside 3 for the 3 grandsons and have sold 5 in the past 2 weeks, all were good stuff. Another One intended for “sale” was actually a swap for a Savage 99F that’ll go to the middle grandson.

Time to pare back on niceties vs need to haves and those that I truly use.

“Put thy house in order “
Prov:

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Sometimes you lose guns due to silly things like house fires or thieves. Other times you just don't think right.

When you can get the last word with an echo, you may have the last word with your wife. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce
If goose was the only meat, there would be a lot more vegetarians. - Lloyd Adams, waterfowl hunter
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Sold a svelte little single shot .410 that I wasn't using much. Didn't regret it for 6 years. Then TSS .410 ammo became a viable turkey load. Now I regret not having it for turkey hunting.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I have a few that will never leave til I'm dead. But I hage others that I like to buy,sell and trade with. They're nice,but I'm not that attached to.

Just because you're offended doesn't mean your right.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Seafire
I don't do that.. only sold or traded a couple that weren't accurate by my thoughts....

I'm the type I'd rather give a firearm to a friend for free, than sell it...

I guess I feel better passing it on, and it going to a good home...

I tend to just hold onto things in life, my 32 year old 4 Runner is an example of that...

and the cars I have let go over the last 30 years, I could have gotten some money for them,

but Instead I personally gave them to someone I knew, who was in need in life...and did all the needed repairs
and maintenance they needed first, and even put new tires on them if they needed them before I gave the car away to them...

yeah, I know by most peoples standards, I'm weird....

Your not weird, when I left alaska I gave a 4x4 truck that ran great to one of my employees. Single dad that needed reliable transportation. I also gave my Hyundai elantra to my buddies daughter as it was her first vehicle.

I sold alot of my rifles and handguns before I moved back to MI. 1, to help pay the moving bill and 2, the damn laws here would mean I cant use them in my area and handguns I would have to register. To hell with the govt.

Miss some but I won't ever use them. Kept a few incase I go out west or somewhere where people are free.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I sell one occasionally if I haven’t shot it in years and don’t know when or if I will shoot it again. Case in point, I sold a smith 629 classic a month ago. Had not been out of my safe in more than 10 years. Sold it and put the money toward something I’ll use.

NRA Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Never! Have sold a couple that did not meet accuracy expectations.

1Minute
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by JeffP
Because every firearm like a woman has a flaw. Sometimes space reminds us how small that flaw was.

Very well said.

I’ve sold guns that didn’t compare well to “X” and then realized later that X was just a fad and not as important as I thought at the time making the gun one I ought not have let go of.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Seafire
I don't do that.. only sold or traded a couple that weren't accurate by my thoughts....

I'm the type I'd rather give a firearm to a friend for free, than sell it...

I guess I feel better passing it on, and it going to a good home...

I tend to just hold onto things in life, my 32 year old 4 Runner is an example of that...

and the cars I have let go over the last 30 years, I could have gotten some money for them,

but Instead I personally gave them to someone I knew, who was in need in life...and did all the needed repairs
and maintenance they needed first, and even put new tires on them if they needed them before I gave the car away to them...

yeah, I know by most peoples standards, I'm weird....

That's called thoughtful and generous. You're a good man John.

LOL
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

75 members (Akhutr, 21, Algotguns, 808outdoors, 1973cb450, ATC, 8 invisible), 1,466 guests, and 722 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,676
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.