Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That was nice.

Would love to see where the money goes.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Starman
Those Whitakers just be inbreds like Noahs family
after the flood...one is just like CF Crapper, yapping
but making no sense.

Hence we are all inbreeds.

The Flood in Noah's day, according to the biblical evidence, seems to have been universal in scope-at least as far as humanity is concerned. If this is the case, then all of humanity has descended from Noah and his family. The differences among humans can be explained by natural selection, cultural preference, and small isolated populations.

Interesting truth ? Or theory ? I guess it depends on whether you are a true believer of Gods' word.

Miss Lynn

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
but making no sense.

Now we know where Democrats originated.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
The sad fact is, there are "Whitakers" in every rural area in America. We have our own near me, for about three generations that I know of. What the cause is ,,,is immaterial. They are surviving, just. Our "Whitakers" are able to function well enough to keep their shacks and land, keep a pickup running, they seem to keep food on the table through an aluminum can 'business'. Nobody knows for sure, they don't communicate much at all, but I don't think they get much if any public assistance, that may be a good thing, and they have been so far, ignored by well meaning do-gooder busybodies, and that is definitely a good thing. I had occasion to drive by their place frequently, a few years back, and I noticed quite a bit of what I thought was litter on the roadside... it was canned food that some well meaning souls had tossed out on a drive-by. A few people, myself included, dropped off their aluminum cans there. The California recycling system is just about belly up financially, (it was designed to be almost self supporting...not!), I wonder what that family will do if the redemption program fails.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BtailHunter
Video description from the maker of the video:

"There is no way I would be able to confirm that the Whitaker parents were related, but given that this does happen in this part of the country and the Whitakers are the most extreme case I’ve seen so far, I would bet that inbreeding was at least partly responsible for the mental and physical abnormalities seen in Lorraine, Freddie, Ray and Timmy."
So he doesn't know that they are in fact a product of inbreeding.
Typical Prog. Thinks he's always the smartest guy in the room and makes nothing but stupid assumptions.

Politics is War by Other Means
IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
That was nice.

Would love to see where the money goes.

Supposed to go for a new house for them. There's over 35k raised so far.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
My grandfather was born in 1907.. back in his time and before... in rural America ( and most of the entire nation was rural)
what people want to call inbreeding, was pretty common......marrying a cousin or second cousin was fairly common..

people got married at a young age...and there was no a lot of shopping around capacity like there is today, because a lot of choies just wasn't available...this was also common in Europe, and I'm sure else where around the globe..

I'm sure the Whitakers situation, is more mental illness, and if there is a lot of inbreeding, which I'm sure it is, it just multiplies the
severity of the situation.... but to think they are pretty much an example of what the average local people ALL ARE, is kinda
a dumbass assumption....

i have family members who have been involved/Employed in the Head Start Programs there in Raleigh County and some of the surrounding counties for decades, Monroe, Greenbrier, Summers, Mercer Counties... instead of people in need being thrown into institutes, which would cost a lot more to care for, they are allowed to stay in their homes... many of these people are taken care of by relatives in varying degrees.. Head Start serves their clients with Meals on Wheels, making and taking them to doctors appointments, assistance paying power bills and other such essentials..etc...

They are not just left their to rot and die.. the guy doing the video doesn't even cover that.. he's just doing this video that way for the shock factor.. like all of rural West Va, Eastern Kentucky, other places in No Carolina, SC, Georgia, Tennessee are all like this family... and this is what people are made to believe that live elsewhere.. anyone from those places and/or who live there now, will tell ya different...

This is no different than say on many Indian Reservations in places like Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, Montana etc..
and I am sure elsewhere nationwide...but can you imagine the politically correct freak out, if this guy made the same kind of video on people like this on an Indian reservation? there would be a landslide of accusations of Racism, etc....
or take the same thing being done in ghettos in Urban America with Black People as the center of focus...

or Hispanic migrants from across our border to the south...

living In Minnesota in the early 80s, my wife and I go to our local Catholic Church and they have this presentation from the diocese about "missionaries" who went to this Rural America place, that most of the Catholics there are starving, have dirty inadequate housing, they can't employment because of discrimination by Baptists and other Protestant Religions just because they are Catholic....they have to drive 100 plus miles just to go to Sunday Mass one way....this was a 30 minute presentation on how bad the Catholic people had to live under, with no help or assistance... and just barely ecking out an existence.. poor education, the Sob list just went on and on...you'd have thought they were painting this as some really backward third world country.. women were crying all over the place in this church, which was huge....these people needed money donations, clothing donations etc..
all to be donated to Catholic Charities to get it to the people who needed them....

Finally the presentation mentioned where this sad and dismal place was.. Right here in America.....Southern WVa and Eastern Kentucky.....I hit the roof...

after Mass there little table was mobbed by all the parishioners, wanting to make donations.. people were writing checks to $200 to $500.00 right and left... I got up there and asked the head presentation guy could I talk to him off the side...sure sir...

I told him that I thought and know for sure, that his presentation was awfully embellished and exaggerated .. He responds that he could see how someone could feel that about some place in America... but he had just spent the last year down there with Catholic Charities, serving these poor and needy people, and had seen it with his own eyes... I still told him Bullschitt...the entire presentation was a bunch of baloney... and he's duping these folks out of their money..

he finally is getting pissed off and the conversation starts to get overheard.....He keeps hammering on how little education everyone has down there, few graduate high school etc.. I keep telling him that is baloney.... finally he raises his voice and asks "Have you ever even been there? I am sure not.. if you have, you'd know exactly what I am talking about!"....

"Yeah, I've been there, and I don't see it as you are presenting it" was my response ...."well just passing thru doesn't count.... I spent a year down there and my heart was broken every day on what I saw"

Well Sir, I was born there....my ancestors have been in those mountains since the early 1700s, and in fact I am a descendant of the first people to settle in what is now the State of West Va.. and as far as everyone being uneducated and dumb, yeah not only am I a high school graduate, I also have several degrees and 8 plus years of post high school education.. and I have plenty of cousins that are also college grads who live down there, who are teachers, a few lawyers, a doctor or two... Nurses etc...my grandmother runs a county Head Start Program....you shouldn't be making up stories to get people to make donations to Catholic Charities.... and people driving a 100 miles to go to Mass? are you trying to convince people that there are only like 3 Catholic Churches in the entire state?....

I left, him pissed at me, and me at him.... ever since then, I haven't attended Mass on a regular basis... I still consider my religion to be Catholic, and my wife is Catholic.. we go to Mass a couple times a year...but that is about it...

city folks just seem to think that places that are rural, the people are stupid.. all of them... slobs, uneducated bums...every one is all inbred.. yet when they want to retire, why do so many of the same folks want to move to somewhere rural, laid back and away from all the hustle and bustle they use to think was so great?

and if you think something is a social problem why do you just think throwing money at it is doing something about it? how many pennies actually get down to the people who actually need it....

if you are serious about being concerned about social problems, why don't ya get off your ass and get your hands dirty?
instead of driving around in your little Toyota Truck and making videos, so you can make money and call it making awareness of the problem? such as the guy who made the video....

Ya know, I bet those poor Whitaker Folks are probably more happier in life, than many other folks who have a lot of money and are feeling sorry for people like them....they didn't look overly stressed out to me.. and in fact, having some stranger showing up and talking to them with a video camera.. I am sure they were having fun... something like that doesn't happen every day in their lives....hey dinner and a floor show..... The Whitakers probably thought that guy with the camera was stranger than he thought they were....

off my morning soap box... sorry folks...pissing on people like them "pisses me off"....and to call everyone in an entire state, as being just as unfortunate and dumb does the same thing....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Miss_Lynn
but making no sense.

Hence we are all inbreeds.

The Flood in Noah's day, according to the biblical evidence, seems to have been universal in scope-at least as far as humanity is concerned. If this is the case, then all of humanity has descended from Noah and his family. The differences among humans can be explained by natural selection, cultural preference, and small isolated populations.

Interesting truth ? Or theory ? I guess it depends on whether you are a true believer of Gods' word.

Miss Lynn

Miss Lynn,

You are correct. I've traveled all over West Virginia and have seen the beautiful mountains, lakes, caves, waterfalls, wildlife, birds and cliffs jutting out lush green forests for over a thousand feet that would bring tears to your eyes for its splendor. It's diversity of trees, plant and animal life make it the most beautiful place in the country IMHO.
It's moto for generations was Almost Heaven West Virginia for this reason.
The people are the same. Most are very friendly and personable. Many now settle there from all parts of the country to escape the cities, corruption, and unbearable taxes. Except for the influx of drugs from doctors and dealers in the few small cities, they consider it a fine place to raise a family. The mentally retarded family that the media promotes as a stereotype is untrue. That poor rural stereotype of possible incest families is the result of sin, government welfare and nonchristian values. They make up less than 0.0001% of the population.

The "man" who posted it knows that I am a West Virginian and just thinks he can get under my skin by posting this. He needs Christ just as much as every family, including the Whitakers. Unfortunately, his attempts here to turn as many against Christ as possible reveals who he works for.

You've probably pulled those blood sucking bloated parasites off a pet before with tweezers. Then you crush the head of the little 8 legged tick on the sidewalk. Someday Christ will crush the head of his daddy with a good stomp. Then everyone will rejoice and it will truly be like heaven on earth when the evil is gone.

Many blessings to you and yours Miss Lynn,

Happy Camper

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Wow...I just skipped through that thing, but it would take the whole batch in aggregate to make a half-wit.

Dysgenics is real.

All you gotta do is go to a Walmart to see it. Or pay your taxes...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Seafire, No need to apologize about the soapbox. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the matter.

I'd pull up a chair if you you ever decide to step up on the box again.

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Seafire
My grandfather was born in 1907.. back in his time and before... in rural America ( and most of the entire nation was rural)
what people want to call inbreeding, was pretty common......marrying a cousin or second cousin was fairly common..

people got married at a young age...and there was no a lot of shopping around capacity like there is today, because a lot of choies just wasn't available...this was also common in Europe, and I'm sure else where around the globe..

I'm sure the Whitakers situation, is more mental illness, and if there is a lot of inbreeding, which I'm sure it is, it just multiplies the
severity of the situation.... but to think they are pretty much an example of what the average local people ALL ARE, is kinda
a dumbass assumption....

i have family members who have been involved/Employed in the Head Start Programs there in Raleigh County and some of the surrounding counties for decades, Monroe, Greenbrier, Summers, Mercer Counties... instead of people in need being thrown into institutes, which would cost a lot more to care for, they are allowed to stay in their homes... many of these people are taken care of by relatives in varying degrees.. Head Start serves their clients with Meals on Wheels, making and taking them to doctors appointments, assistance paying power bills and other such essentials..etc...

They are not just left their to rot and die.. the guy doing the video doesn't even cover that.. he's just doing this video that way for the shock factor.. like all of rural West Va, Eastern Kentucky, other places in No Carolina, SC, Georgia, Tennessee are all like this family... and this is what people are made to believe that live elsewhere.. anyone from those places and/or who live there now, will tell ya different...

This is no different than say on many Indian Reservations in places like Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, Montana etc..
and I am sure elsewhere nationwide...but can you imagine the politically correct freak out, if this guy made the same kind of video on people like this on an Indian reservation? there would be a landslide of accusations of Racism, etc....
or take the same thing being done in ghettos in Urban America with Black People as the center of focus...

or Hispanic migrants from across our border to the south...

living In Minnesota in the early 80s, my wife and I go to our local Catholic Church and they have this presentation from the diocese about "missionaries" who went to this Rural America place, that most of the Catholics there are starving, have dirty inadequate housing, they can't employment because of discrimination by Baptists and other Protestant Religions just because they are Catholic....they have to drive 100 plus miles just to go to Sunday Mass one way....this was a 30 minute presentation on how bad the Catholic people had to live under, with no help or assistance... and just barely ecking out an existence.. poor education, the Sob list just went on and on...you'd have thought they were painting this as some really backward third world country.. women were crying all over the place in this church, which was huge....these people needed money donations, clothing donations etc..
all to be donated to Catholic Charities to get it to the people who needed them....

Finally the presentation mentioned where this sad and dismal place was.. Right here in America.....Southern WVa and Eastern Kentucky.....I hit the roof...

after Mass there little table was mobbed by all the parishioners, wanting to make donations.. people were writing checks to $200 to $500.00 right and left... I got up there and asked the head presentation guy could I talk to him off the side...sure sir...

I told him that I thought and know for sure, that his presentation was awfully embellished and exaggerated .. He responds that he could see how someone could feel that about some place in America... but he had just spent the last year down there with Catholic Charities, serving these poor and needy people, and had seen it with his own eyes... I still told him Bullschitt...the entire presentation was a bunch of baloney... and he's duping these folks out of their money..

he finally is getting pissed off and the conversation starts to get overheard.....He keeps hammering on how little education everyone has down there, few graduate high school etc.. I keep telling him that is baloney.... finally he raises his voice and asks "Have you ever even been there? I am sure not.. if you have, you'd know exactly what I am talking about!"....

"Yeah, I've been there, and I don't see it as you are presenting it" was my response ...."well just passing thru doesn't count.... I spent a year down there and my heart was broken every day on what I saw"

Well Sir, I was born there....my ancestors have been in those mountains since the early 1700s, and in fact I am a descendant of the first people to settle in what is now the State of West Va.. and as far as everyone being uneducated and dumb, yeah not only am I a high school graduate, I also have several degrees and 8 plus years of post high school education.. and I have plenty of cousins that are also college grads who live down there, who are teachers, a few lawyers, a doctor or two... Nurses etc...my grandmother runs a county Head Start Program....you shouldn't be making up stories to get people to make donations to Catholic Charities.... and people driving a 100 miles to go to Mass? are you trying to convince people that there are only like 3 Catholic Churches in the entire state?....

I left, him pissed at me, and me at him.... ever since then, I haven't attended Mass on a regular basis... I still consider my religion to be Catholic, and my wife is Catholic.. we go to Mass a couple times a year...but that is about it...

city folks just seem to think that places that are rural, the people are stupid.. all of them... slobs, uneducated bums...every one is all inbred.. yet when they want to retire, why do so many of the same folks want to move to somewhere rural, laid back and away from all the hustle and bustle they use to think was so great?

and if you think something is a social problem why do you just think throwing money at it is doing something about it? how many pennies actually get down to the people who actually need it....

if you are serious about being concerned about social problems, why don't ya get off your ass and get your hands dirty?
instead of driving around in your little Toyota Truck and making videos, so you can make money and call it making awareness of the problem? such as the guy who made the video....

Ya know, I bet those poor Whitaker Folks are probably more happier in life, than many other folks who have a lot of money and are feeling sorry for people like them....they didn't look overly stressed out to me.. and in fact, having some stranger showing up and talking to them with a video camera.. I am sure they were having fun... something like that doesn't happen every day in their lives....hey dinner and a floor show..... The Whitakers probably thought that guy with the camera was stranger than he thought they were....

off my morning soap box... sorry folks...pissing on people like them "pisses me off"....and to call everyone in an entire state, as being just as unfortunate and dumb does the same thing....

Why don't you still live there?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by ingwe
Wow...I just skipped through that thing, but it would take the whole batch in aggregate to make a half-wit.

Dysgenics is real.

Yeah.

They're called cousin fugkers.

And you don't need to drive to Virginia to find them.

But it sure makes the search easier.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Hillbilly Elegy.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by ingwe

Dysgenics is real.

Yeah.

They're called cousin fugkers.

And you don't need to drive to Virginia to find them.

But it sure makes the search easier.

LOL

I doubt it's cousins...

To get as far down the gene pool as those folks are, you gotta be much closer than cousins.

fathers/daughters/offspring of such...

The probability of cousins having kids with problems is pretty low. Even 1st cousins.

But all the siblings in that video showed much closer inbreeding. Generations of it.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
40-50 years ago I could pretty much tell which village a NW Arctic Inupiat person was from just by looking at them.

They have been getting around a lot more since..... smile

Last edited by las; 11/27/20.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hapsburgs.

Couldn't watch most of it.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I had a girlfriend from WV who was about an 8 from the chin up and a 13 from the chin down. So I don't think the entire state is like that.

Starman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

instead of driving around in your little Toyota Truck and making videos, so you can make money and call it making awareness of the problem?..

Everything starts with awareness, and increased
awareness can draw in people better able to
assist the Whitakers than the video maker.

Some do gooders do actual good, some don't
I guess it's up to the Whitakers to decide what
they will and wont accept.

Ya know, I bet those poor Whitaker Folks are probably more happier in life, than many other folks who have a lot of money and are feeling sorry for people like them....they didn't look overly stressed out to me.. and in fact, having some stranger showing up and talking to them with a video camera..

So the secret to being happier is poverty and inbreeding?

And video guy is no stranger to them, he included
them in his 2004 book, has made numerous personal
visits over the years since, and this is the first time
he made a video.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Starman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
If a documentary dude found a remote tribe
in the Amazon or PNG and filmed it, would CF
folks here get worked up over it as much as
they do with the Whitakers?

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There are plenty of uncontacted tribes where I would hope Firefolk would be disappointed if they got contacted.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

159 members (5sdad, 2ndwind, 17CalFan, 907brass, 257_X_50, 26 invisible), 1,926 guests, and 1,011 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,493
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.