Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by doubletap
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by 19352012

I loaned a shotgun to a friend. He sold it because he needed money. I told him I would have given him all the money he needed. He is still my friend. It's only money.

News for you sport, that is no friend.

Good answer. My take is that the "friend" is a thief.

Of course he was a thief. Have you people never read Les Miserables? There's more to life than huntin and fishin.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I loaned a shotgun to a friend. He sold it because he needed money. I told him I would have given him all the money he needed. He is still my friend. It's only money.

And what's silly old money when you can surround yourself with treacherous, backstabbing, false friends, right? I bet you've made stellar choices your whole life. Friend on, clearly, they need you...

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Gun safes are not expandable. Gotta make room for new toys.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by OMCHamlin

And what's silly old money when you can surround yourself with treacherous, backstabbing, false friends, right? I bet you've made stellar choices your whole life. Friend on, clearly, they need you...

If extrapolating from incomplete data was a sport, you would be World Champion. Congratulations, I guess.

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Trading has been my problem, swapping this for that based on some passing fascination has cost me lots of dough, and more than a few guns I wish I could have back.

Last edited by El_CuCuy; 11/27/20.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I went through a minor purge for a move
Went through a major purge when I got my FFL to fund my gun buying and selling
Went through what was hopefully my last big time purge to kickstart getting out of debt to be able to afford daycare for my first kid.

Went from two gun safes to one. So we still have expansion room but the kids need to get out of daycare. Nice to be debt free though

"For some unfortunates, poisoned by city sidewalks ... the horn of the hunter never winds at all" Robert Ruark, The Horn of the Hunter

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by persiandog
because they are insane.

Or because they have never seen a U-Haul trailer hitched to the back of a hearse.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have always wondered what a funeral director would charge to do that.

It could be my last, subtle middle finger to the world.
Especially those who use it as justification to be foolish
with their money. You know the ones, they end up in trouble
and us diligent folks have shoulder their load.

You?

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
I sold a bunch of my guns 8 years ago to pay for my left leg! I like guns but like my leg better!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I thought that my first ever shotgun, an early m37 20 gauge would be with me long term until it wouldn’t fit in the gun safe any longer. I hung it on the wall down the basement where the depressed step-son could get it. It made a hell of a bad memory walking into his room one day after he had used that shotgun on himself. No way that I was keeping that one.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
IC B3

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

I only sell guns so others can enjoy them.....and be happy.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
After a certain point, I asked myself what good were they? Some I hadn't fired--or even touched--for 20 years. If something happened to me, what would my wife do?

So I kept just a few, which I shot or which had sentimental value, told my sons to take whatever else they wanted, and have been thinning the herd for the past 20 years.

It's sort of like downsizing your house when you get old.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I tend to break guns down into 3 categories, ones with sentimental value, ones I bought because I really liked and planned to use a bunch and ones that I just bought because it was a good deal or I was mildly interested in. The sentimental ones will never get sold, the ones I bought to use would only get sold if I was really hard up and that happened some in my younger days, while the third is kind of more like a savings account in that I while I may like those guns they tend to leave pretty quick once someone wants them more than I do.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
After a certain point, I asked myself what good were they? Some I hadn't fired--or even touched--for 20 years. If something happened to me, what would my wife do?

So I kept just a few, which I shot or which had sentimental value, told my sons to take whatever else they wanted, and have been thinning the herd for the past 20 years.
It's sort of like downsizing your house when you get old.

Agree. I will be selling my life long collection shortly. I have guns in my safe that I have had built, bough and traded for over 40 years. Most of them have never been shot. Not sure of the best way to sell them. When the time comes, I will sell them cheap to other hunters/ shooters that I know will enjoy and shoot them...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
As a collector; when I find one in better condition than the one I have, I sell the lesser one to upgrade my collection.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (12344mag, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 16penny, 160user, 54 invisible), 2,314 guests, and 1,202 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,616
Posts18,454,956
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.