Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by vapodog
When government employees have nothing to do they harass law abiding citizens. The dept of homeland security wasn't needed years back and is not needed today.

Biggest unconstitutional invasion of our privacy ever passed by congress and signed by a rino POTUS.

The damage Bush did will last decades.

Absolutely!

GB1

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
But whats more disturbing is that his online purchases were tracked by homeland security.
I'm guessing that large sellers of filters have been ordered to report unusually large sales.

The whole suppressor thing has been nothing but gun control BS from the start.

Passed by dumbassed politicians who wouldn't know a suppressor from a buttplug.... they were emotionally involved by watching too many James Bond bad guy movies where the bad guy used a silencer to kill people with nothing more than a soft "pfft.."

Yes they would Barry! Most politicians use buttplugs on a daily basis.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
With brick and mortars going by the way side, I suppose it will be easier for any purchases to be tracked. No cash sales...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I didn't watch the video, but I have to take issue with those of you condemning the man for being a "compliant pussy." Because every time there's an instance of a man smarting off to cops, failing to follow commands, and resisting arrest only to get himself shot as a result, some of the very same ones of you condemn him for NOT being compliant.

If for some reason the cops came to my door to investigate me by mistake I'm going to be the most polite and compliant sumbeach they ever met.

I'll sue their asses off later.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If the last four years have taught us anything, it’s that the proper answer to any question asked by federal LEO is “Lawyer”, sad to say.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B2

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Where is your signed warrant with attached affidavit, sir? Oh, you don’t have one? Well, go try to get one based on a purchase of unrestricted items, and come back later. I will wait.

As far as demanding I return unregulated items I bought, they can FRO. I can see such a conversation devolving to the point I tell them to get a real job and get the fug off my property. Unbelievable.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
When government employees have nothing to do they harass law abiding citizens. The dept of homeland security wasn't needed years back and is not needed today.

Biggest unconstitutional invasion of our privacy ever passed by congress and signed by a rino POTUS.

Don't forget to include John Ashcroft and his participation in shoving Homeland Security down our throats. Another case of never let a good crisis go to waste.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
I didn't watch the video, but I have to take issue with those of you condemning the man for being a "compliant pussy." Because every time there's an instance of a man smarting off to cops, failing to follow commands, and resisting arrest only to get himself shot as a result, some of the very same ones of you condemn him for NOT being compliant.

If for some reason the cops came to my door to investigate me by mistake I'm going to be the most polite and compliant sumbeach they ever met.

I'll sue their asses off later.

I'll give ground when immanent force will be used. Then hash it out in court..

But some fugger showing up at my door without warrant, looking for something to throw me in jail for, and take away my freedom, can GFH.

Way too many people don't even have a basic understanding of the constitutional rights that protect them from big govt.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
KFWA Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I think I'd let him know he's on pretty shakey legal ground showing up at my house for buying something perfectly legal to own and demanding I give it to him.

for phugs sake? Oil Filters?

Last edited by KFWA; 11/28/20.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by KFWA
I think I'd let him know he's on pretty shakey legal ground showing up at my house for buying something perfectly legal to own and demanding I give it to him.

They know they are on shaky ground before they even knock.

The count on most people's ignorance to get the foot in the door.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
But whats more disturbing is that his online purchases were tracked by homeland security.
I'm guessing that large sellers of filters have been ordered to report unusually large sales.

Listen to the entire video. The sellers do not have to do anything:

1) He went to eBay to look at Oil Filter Suppressors
2) He googled YouTube videos of Oil Filter Suppressors.
3) Then he bought a large quantity of Oil Filters.

Think "Big Data" aka Data Lake. All this information from search engines and various social media sites and online retailers is flowing into a "Data Lake". Someone in .gov (BATF?) is sitting on top of a giant search engine looking for all of the people who did multiple online searches for "Oil Filter Suppressors" and then purchased multiple Oil Filters.

Big Data and your tax dollars at work. Everyone is worried about FFL Bound Books with 4473's. No worries. They don't need the 4473's for gun confiscations. They can use the same technology to harvest data off the 'net to know what addresses they need to show up at. As well as which ones they will need reinforcements...

Last edited by Orion2000; 11/28/20.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Pappy348
If the last four years have taught us anything, it’s that the proper answer to any question asked by federal LEO is “Lawyer”, sad to say.

Yep, especially because they have some sort of special cut out in the law whereby if you say anything inaccurately to them, intentionally or not, they can put you in jail for lying to them.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Orion2000

Listen to the entire video. The sellers do not have to do anything:

Maybe they follow "official requests" to avoid IRS audits, OSHA inspections, ICE audits, etc.

Yeah, they may not "have" to do anything, but most assuredly, they are pointed out the folly of them failing to do so.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Yep! 😡

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oil filters...

Start buying a bunch of sugar. In hundreds of pounds.
You will get a visit.
Had to warn a friend of that one. He was picking it up for a friend,
paying cash. But they ordered it in his name! And....Well it wasn't for jelly.

Another friend started a greenhouse, ran it for 2 years on the down low.

Then the tax people showed up.
They had went through his suppliers books and saw his purchases.

"MR. XXX what did you do with 7000 plants last year, your records show
you as a factory employee? Are you running a truck farm?"

"Ugh, ugh, NO!"

"I see the greenhouses, you sell plants?"

Now he charges sales tax, pays income tax, gets regular inspections
from the Ag Department, buys permits, carries business insurance....

Funny thing.
He used to charge half of what the other greenhouses charged, and
would run them down as cheating people. "Im making good money..."
Now, he charges about the same.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by KFWA

They know they are on shaky ground before they even knock.

The count on most people's ignorance to get the foot in the door.

PREZACTLY!

The Waffen ATF showed up at my door to harass me about a gun I’d sold that had been used in a “crime”.
I told them if they had a warrant or an arrest warrant for me have at it. Other wise talk to my attorney. They left broken-hearted. 🤠

Last edited by chlinstructor; 11/28/20.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Updated my post. Accidentally pushed post too soon...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Funny how they can track down that guy buying oil filters, but they haven't yet tracked down those purchasing very large, commercial grade fireworks and supplying them to groups like Antifa and their ilk. Local radio talk show guy brought this up a few times. Aren't those type fireworks tightly controlled? Don't you need some type of license to be involved in commercial pyrotechnics ? Can Joe Citizen just purchase a dozen sky mortars, put 'em on his debit card and be on his merry way ? WTF ?? What's wrong with this picture ?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Well, at least they knocked........

Damn that made me laugh out loud.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
AI project using a spider (BOT) to collect information.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

146 members (2UP, 69sportfury, 300jimmy, 338reddog, 2500HD, 17 invisible), 1,349 guests, and 888 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,718
Posts18,457,132
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.