Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by GRIZZ
Any opinions on how accurate their listed home values are? I looked up my place here in So Cal this morning and damn near choked on my coffee when in came back 783K. Paid 212 for it back in 1997.
Whatever it's worth will come in handy when the wife and I escape from here in a few years

My SoCal House I paid $260 for in 1996 just bank appraised at $780 but Zillow had it as $680 so it's hit and miss.

Ted
GB1

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Zillow is a crock at best.

Maybe if you live in an area with 500 homes sales a day, but when 6 homes have been sold in the past year within a 10 mile radius, it's useless.

Unfortunately, lots of idiots like it.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by BtailHunter
Zillow is a crock at best.

Maybe if you live in an area with 500 homes sales a day, but when 6 homes have been sold in the past year within a 10 mile radius, it's useless.

Unfortunately, lots of idiots like it.

lot of truth in this.....bob

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by 79S
checked Zillow out, my trailer house is now worth 25k we bought 10yrs ago for 60k. So is that good??

Tyvek should help.

Tyvek Alaska's siding choice since ... ah ... well when ever it came on the market.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I looked at a house in an unnamed Alaskan city. The bathroom was beautiful until you lifted up the toilet seat and realized the there was a hole clean through to the crawlspace with a bucket under it. LOL

Last edited by OldHat; 11/28/20.
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Awe that's not a useful answer prick GFY. Anyone else?

Yes please.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Zillow is pretty accurate. My girlfriend owns 5 nice rental houses and I often check the values on zillow. They are pretty good, within 5 percent I would say.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by OldHat
I looked at a house in an unnamed Alaskan city. The bathroom was beautiful until you lifted up the toilet seat and realized the there was a hole clean through to the crawlspace with a bucket under it. LOL

Isn't that part of living in Alaska?

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Zillow has a very simplistic way of estimating. Basically, square footage and lot size. Age and condition are not taken into consideration. It will value a house that is caving in the same as a house that has been remodeled and in perfect condition.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Dang.......almost felt sorry for a Californian. Almost.

Must be my diminished testosterone levels....

Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Thanks all I reckon I'll just have to list it and let it ride.. Gruff up yours you sniveling bitch...

Make sure you brag about how much you made on your house sale in whatever locale gets stuck with your amazing self. You go gurl.

Whitefish is full of CA fa gs, if you land there let me know I'll buy you a coffee.

Edit to add:

Nobody gives a flying fugk how rich you are or what your house is worth. Putting the numbers up, real or not, was virtue signaling. Were you a grown man posting and talking with peers, you'd have asked "hey, do you guys think Zillow is a reasonable estimation of property value?"

True to form however, you've got to show the ladies your clit. I'm sorry if my pointing out your [bleep] is uncomfortable. Maybe you should stay in CA and suck dik.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 79S
checked Zillow out, my trailer house is now worth 25k we bought 10yrs ago for 60k. So is that good??

^^^Another virtue signaler...^^^

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by duck911
Originally Posted by deflave
You needed Zillow to figure out a ballpark on the property you put up for sale that you've owned since 1997?

If you don't have any friendly, useful advice....

Why do you even open your fat fuggin mouth?

It is a common theme.

Did I miss your friendly useful advice here CuckDuck7-Eleven?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I just checked my home on zillow.

Then I looked at zillow competitors.

https://craft.co/zillow/competitors

Redfin was 2% lower than Zillow...,,,,,,,,,,,,. just as any realtor will tell you.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Any opinions on how accurate their listed home values are? I looked up my place here in So Cal this morning and damn near choked on my coffee when in came back 783K. Paid 212 for it back in 1997.
Whatever it's worth will come in handy when the wife and I escape from here in a few years

I use zillow all the time. It's close enough. Redfin is useful, too. Just don't get on their email list. Lol.

Don't listen to the nay-sayers here that don't know what they're talking about / aren't in the business every single day.

And, BTW, you don't need an appraisal to get a ballpark and/or figure out what you're going to ask for your house. Let the guy buying the place pay for an appraisal.. Unless you are just absolutely determined to piss away $350-700.

Good luck getting out of KA. Hope you find somewhere nice.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by duck911
Originally Posted by deflave
You needed Zillow to figure out a ballpark on the property you put up for sale that you've owned since 1997?

If you don't have any friendly, useful advice....

Why do you even open your fat fuggin mouth?

It is a common theme.

Duck O' Douche,

Your holiday weekend meltdown has been epic.

I'm hoping your wife let's you drink some more this evening.

LOL

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by local_dirt

I use zillow all the time. It's close enough. Redfin is useful, too. Just don't get on their email list. Lol.

Don't listen to the nay-sayers here that don't know what they're talking about / aren't in the business every single day.

And, BTW, you don't need an appraisal to get a ballpark and/or figure out what you're going to ask for your house. Let the guy buying the place pay for an appraisal.. Unless you are just absolutely determined to piss away $350-700.

Yeah, because you are all knowing and know the markets everywhere.

You city girls are a funny bunch of twats.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Just doin' muh yob.

Lol.

(Chkunt)

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by 79S

Yes, it means it hasnt burned down from a leaking water heater rotting the floor and falling through and starting a fire.

Also means no Smell Good wall plug in hasn't melted and shorted out and.....

wink

Last edited by jaguartx; 11/28/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

Just doin' muh yob.

Lol.

(Chkunt)

Hang tough, LD. Funny twats are better than none.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm surprised more of you dont kill yourselves. Getting worked up about an internet real estate listing service? Wow, some of you are really troubled.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

608 members (160user, 222Sako, 10gaugeman, 1moredeer, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 69 invisible), 2,504 guests, and 1,158 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,115
Posts18,464,490
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.