Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[quote=kingston][Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
This one’s for Toby!

There I fixed that for you!! 😁😁😁

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Have you seen a buck yet? How about the bear?

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
7 doe, 1 little buck

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nice1

Where ya at, kingston?

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Whelenman
[quote=kingston][Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Those Kryptek Vellous pants? If so - can you get boots through the leg zips or are they a boots off proposition?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Saw 6 nuthatches, zero deer. Tree stand really had some rock and roll in the wind. Spits rain and sleet once in a while.
So I wall go to plan B on Monday. Different place about 2 miles away. Ill just use a hang-on tree seat on side of a steep hillside.
No Sunday hunts for me.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Nice1

Where ya at, kingston?

PA

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by hillestadj

Those Kryptek Vellous pants? If so - can you get boots through the leg zips or are they a boots off proposition?

Yes, they are Kryptek Vellous. This is their third season. I’m a big fan. They’ve been great in wet and snowy conditions and super quiet. They’re equally good in dry conditions. They breathe well and are very light weight. I wear them one size big with suspenders (Sitka w/ hooks). The duct tape is from a crampon mishap. I haven’t tried to get them off with my boots on. I’ll give it a try for you later.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Terryk
Saw 6 nuthatches, zero deer. Tree stand really had some rock and roll in the wind. Spits rain and sleet once in a while.
So I wall go to plan B on Monday. Different place about 2 miles away. Ill just use a hang-on tree seat on side of a steep hillside.
No Sunday hunts for me.

This sounds exactly like MI opener with raging winds, but it was 7 black capped chickadees.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kingston
Nice1

Where ya at, kingston?

PA

Da fugk?

I thought I recalled you hunted PA but when did opening day change from the Mon after Turkey Day?

I would of bet the Monongahela woulda flowed backwards before they changed opening Day!

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

Da fugk?

I thought I recalled you hunted PA but when did opening day change from the Mon after Turkey Day?

I would of bet the Monongahela woulda flowed backwards before they changed opening Day!

Last year was when they moved the Pa. deer opener to Saturday. And this year, those who choose to get to hunt deer on Sunday (tomorrow).

No deer seen, darn little shooting. I saw mostly birds today too, did see one red squirrel, does that put me in the lead for the day? LOL

Dale

This space for rent

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nice1

Where ya at, kingston?

PA

Guess you haven’t seen the bear then!!!

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I’m in Potter Co on some state forest land near Denton Hill. No deer seen, but I did see two squirrels, a gray and a black, so I think I’m leading now, right?

Sky cleared out today. It a bit chilly in the back of the truck tonight but I get to try out my new -20 Browning bag. We’ll give a surprise in the morning!

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Yes, they are Kryptek Vellous. This is their third season. I’m a big fan. They’ve been great in wet and snowy conditions and super quiet. They’re equally good in dry conditions. They breathe well and are very light weight. I wear them one size big with suspenders (Sitka w/ hooks). The duct tape is from a crampon mishap. I haven’t tried to get them off with my boots on. I’ll give it a try for you later.

Appreciate it - looking at picking up the jacket and pant while they're on sale this weekend. Waffling between the Vellous pant or Aegis bibs, would prefer the pant but need to pack into the stand so if I can't step into them with boots on thats a deal breaker.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dale K

Da fugk?

Last year was when they moved the Pa. deer opener to Saturday. And this year, those who choose to get to hunt deer on Sunday (tomorrow).

No deer seen, darn little shooting. I saw mostly birds today too, did see one red squirrel, does that put me in the lead for the day? LOL

Dale

Huh. Maybe I did hear that last year. Happy folks in PA got Sundays. Never made a lick of sense to close huntIn on a weekend day.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

Appreciate it - looking at picking up the jacket and pant while they're on sale this weekend. Waffling between the Vellous pant or Aegis bibs, would prefer the pant but need to pack into the stand so if I can't step into them with boots on thats a deal breaker.

I took them off over my muck boots last night. I had to scrunch the leg down a bit, but it was easy off. Where are these on sale, I might get another set?

BTW: I don’t have any experience with the Aegis, but last I knew the Vellus was the only part of their line to use the super light weight and breathable Thinsulate Platinum XTS Insulation.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Kryptek site has everything marked down currently...https://store.kryptek.com/catalog/product/vellus/vellus-pant/

Thanks for the follow up. Believe you're right about the insulation, the Aegis uses Primaloft.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Just ordered a pair. Thanks.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

152 members (338Rules, 338reddog, 308xray, 2ndwind, 240NMC, 204guy, 23 invisible), 1,664 guests, and 1,075 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,717
Posts18,457,110
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.