Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
5.0 for me. I don’t buy a truck to pull me around with 6 cylinders.

Got plenty of friends here who had the eco boost motors...just about every one of them have traded them off for trucks with real engines. Flame away boys,I’m wearing asbestos underwear.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Godogs57
5.0 for me. I don’t buy a truck to pull me around with 6 cylinders.

Got plenty of friends here who had the eco boost motors...just about every one of them have traded them off for trucks with real engines. Flame away boys,I’m wearing asbestos underwear.

You’re already on fire !
Grins

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
No air bags, but I do have a 2" level on the front and supersprings helpers in the back. Sits nice and level with the 5th wheel on.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by RDW
10hp for the 5.0 and 70 ft-lbs for the 3.5, no real advantage to either.

The numbers don't tell the whole story, if you've driven or towed with both you know they aren't in the same league, especially at altitude.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have a decided preference for a bigger engine turning less RPMs and not having to breathe hard, and I dislike extras like turbochargers because I think simpler is better. If I was racing it would be a different story.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

IC B2

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
6.2 Ford is where it’s at, there’s no replacement for displacement. 385hp stock

Fück Joe byron
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hammer2506

10 more ponies than the 3.5 and 40 less lbs of torque than the 3.5.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by RiverRider
I have a decided preference for a bigger engine turning less RPMs and not having to breathe hard.

Given the same gear ratio, these engines will turn nearly the same RPM. Put any load on them or tow, the bigger engine will be the one turning more RPM especially with any grade.

'Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.' -Carl Sagan

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by 79S

Not disagreeing with you but peak numbers are near useless. The torque curve tells the tale.

'Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.' -Carl Sagan

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Hammer2506

The 6.2 is yesterday's gas model.

The 7.3 is more better. smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Slim_Jenkins
Originally Posted by 79S

Not disagreeing with you but peak numbers are near useless. The torque curve tells the tale.

like diesels ...bob

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No argument on peak numbers, I believe the 5.0 delivers more torque lower in the revs but I am still looking for good data for 100% stock trucks.

Dave

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Slim_Jenkins
Originally Posted by RiverRider
I have a decided preference for a bigger engine turning less RPMs and not having to breathe hard.

Given the same gear ratio, these engines will turn nearly the same RPM. Put any load on them or tow, the bigger engine will be the one turning more RPM especially with any grade.

I've seen too many wiped out rod bearings and other failures in turbocharged engines to put that much faith in them. Brand new and working as advertised, they are definitely impressive but I'm a believer in cubic inches and bottom-end torque.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by 2five7
No air bags, but I do have a 2" level on the front and supersprings helpers in the back. Sits nice and level with the 5th wheel on.

You’ve got it set up right.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by 19352012

How are things in the past? Look out for 2020, it's a doozy

2nd best post on this thread.

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Originally Posted by Gibby
I really enjoy driving my F150 with the 5.0 Coyote engine. One of the best engines ford ever built. Same engine as in the GT Mustangs, Cobra's etc. Just a few different parts and tuning. The throaty sound of the V8 over the V6's can not be compared. Especially if you want to modify it a bit. Have you ever heard an Eco boost with an after market exhaust. Not much different than a modified Honda Civic driven by a millennial. Better have cash only level tint on your windows to keep from getting a red face of embarrassment. Ha!

Four cams and four valves per cylinder on the Coyote engine lends itself to a high power curve at RPM. A 3.55 rear end or lower is advised. A cold air intake will give you a woody on acceleration. But even without these mods the 5.0 Coyote has a feel and sound you can only get from a high performance V8. As stock, Ford uses straight through mufflers and resonators and a 3" exhaust for the Coyote engine. It is designed to breath.

View the various YouTube videos of the guys going though the Ford Dealerships asking the service writers and mechanics which engine they would get. It's a no contest. Like someone else said if you want to buy used, the 5.0 Liters are much harder to find. There is a reason for that.

If you pull heavy loads with your F150 the 3.5 Eco is better, but you are better off with a Super Duty anyway. If not, get the 5.0 and enjoy your truck.

Originally Posted by Gibby
I really enjoy driving my F150 with the 5.0 Coyote engine. One of the best engines ford ever built. WentSame engine as in the GT Mustangs, Cobra's etc. Just a few different parts and tuning. The throaty sound of the V8 over the V6's can not be compared. Especially if you want to modify it a bit. Have you ever heard an Eco boost with an after market exhaust. Not much different than a modified Honda Civic driven by a millennial. Better have cash only level tint on your windows to keep from getting a red face of embarrassment. Ha!

Four cams and four valves per cylinder on the Coyote engine lends itself to a high power curve at RPM. A 3.55 rear end or lower is advised. A cold air intake will give you a woody on acceleration. But even without these mods the 5.0 Coyote has a feel and sound you can only get from a high performance V8. As stock, Ford uses straight through mufflers and resonators and a 3" exhaust for the Coyote engine. It is designed to breath.

View the various YouTube videos of the guys going though the Ford Dealerships asking the service writers and mechanics which engine they would get. It's a no contest. Like someone else said if you want to buy used, the 5.0 Liters are much harder to find. There is a reason for that.

If you pull heavy loads with your F150 the 3.5 Eco is better, but you are better off with a Super Duty anyway. If not, get the 5.0 and enjoy your truck.

I went from a Ram to this and couldn't be happier.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I find these F-150 threads amusing. Grocery getters.

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MM879

BTS out of getting groceries on a bicycle.

Dave

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Originally Posted by RDW

BTS out of getting groceries on a bicycle.

Tricycle LOL

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

My mom has a '14 F150 3.5 Eco, she's sorta looking to trade for a newer version.

I'm halfway curious about this, was thinking a 5.0 would be fine. Or another 3.5.

We don't all need a deleted 6.7...

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (2500HD, 260Remguy, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 240NMC, 007FJ, 67 invisible), 2,314 guests, and 1,242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,651
Posts18,455,483
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.