J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Tarkio
Originally Posted by HawkI
Originally Posted by earlybrd
On quarantine now my sister in-law has had a fever for a week every day for 7 days my wife keeps her 6 month old baby 5 days a week she started symptoms last Thursday and baby came home with us to protect it per the doctor baby got sick on day 2 and my 13 yr old son had fever on day 3 wife was sick on day 4 I’m fine and daughter has scratchy throat this [bleep] is no joke

This has never happened since man has walked the earth.

If it has, it was before penicillin...and Boomers too important to get sick (or legalize dope for their chronic pain)...

Huh?

"This has never happened since man walked the earth"??? WTF are you saying?

He forgot 1917 and the bubonic plague. smile

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
GB1

H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by jaguartx
On quarantine now my sister in-law has had a fever for a week every day for 7 days my wife keeps her 6 month old baby 5 days a week she started symptoms last Thursday and baby came home with us to protect it per the doctor baby got sick on day 2 and my 13 yr old son had fever on day 3 wife was sick on day 4 I’m fine and daughter has scratchy throat this [bleep] is no joke

If it has, it was before penicillin...and Boomers too important to get sick (or legalize dope for their chronic pain)...

Huh?

The way people are acting, shutting down schidt and lamenting, THIS kind of thing has never happened before.

jag, you forgot car wrecks and cancer.

Everyone stay the fug inside. Life is too dangerous. Its amazing the west was even settled...

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Huh?

The way people are acting, shutting down schidt and lamenting, THIS kind of thing has never happened before.

jag, you forgot car wrecks and cancer.

Everyone stay the fug inside. Life is too dangerous. Its amazing the west was even settled...

Another born leader.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
We got snookered.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
What, you got the fever, chills and body aches there hero?

IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Everybody reacts differently. My neighbor is recovering 6 out of 7 got it, wife is ok, son was asmptomatic. I’ll talk to him today, he’s home from a week in the hospital.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by abbydog
Everybody reacts differently. My neighbor is recovering 6 out of 7 got it, wife is ok, son was asmptomatic. I’ll talk to him today, he’s home from a week in the hospital.

The people In know that went to the hospital were sent because O2 dropped below a threshold that their MD set. They then were monitored and put on O2.

Can you give more detail about what your friend went in the hospital and what his treatment was while in.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Hit's some folks hard, some not so hard. Masks, no-masks, shut down, don't shut down.....folks can debate it all they want.

One thing I'm really in awe of with it is how communicable it is. It spreads like wildfire. It's exploded here this past week. My family all has it right now (except my oldest, he's already had it). My sister's family has it. My mother and father have it. Tons of folks in the community have it.

I'm a hand washing, hand sanitizer using SOB...but you can only do so much to stop something passed by the respiratory system. Being in crowed B-ball gyms 5 out of 6 days last week got a whole lot of us in our (and surrounding) communities. Youngest kids may have brought it home from school as well. Who knows.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Covid killed my favorite aunt in just under 12 days.

I was never concerned about getting it myself, and when I did it was about what I expected - something akin to the cold or flu, but with lots of odd little symptoms not like either the cold or flu. Four weeks+ on I still have no taste or smell, which is pretty weird. But I'm only 59 and am fit. My parents (88 and 91 respectively) concern me more. Far more.

I find it sad people can't wear a mask for the sake of those around them. It's just not that hard. But there are a lot of really selfish people around who wrap their selfishness in some sort of twisted patriotism.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Stay well JC. It sounds like you are surrounded by it. It sure does hit some hard....My cousin is a nurse practitioner and she caught it. Mid-50's healthy with no underlying conditions. Two hospital stays. The second, life flighted for a week at the ICU in Boise. Dang near died.

Sorry to hear about your aunt, Brad. My niece caught it last June and it took until recently for her taste and smell to start coming back. Hopefully yours will be back soon?

IC B3

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
In addition to loss of smell and taste, you apparently lose use of punctuation when exposed.

In all seriousness I hope you're family is on the mend. For the overwhelmong majority it is nothing more than a minor cold, but there are those that have severe complications. I know a couple folks in their 70s that have died but both had other previous health issues.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Brad

I was never concerned about getting it myself, and when I did it was about what I expected - something akin to the cold or flu, but with lots of odd little symptoms not like either the cold or flu. Four weeks+ on I still have no taste or smell, which is pretty weird. But I'm only 59 and am fit. My parents (88 and 91 respectively) concern me more. Far more.

I find it sad people can't wear a mask for the sake of those around them. It's just not that hard. But there are a lot of really selfish people around who wrap their selfishness in some sort of twisted patriotism.

Explain to me how a mask prevents the spread of COVID - 19.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Hit's some folks hard, some not so hard. Masks, no-masks, shut down, don't shut down.....folks can debate it all they want.

One thing I'm really in awe of with it is how communicable it is. It spreads like wildfire. It's exploded here this past week. My family all has it right now (except my oldest, he's already had it). My sister's family has it. My mother and father have it. Tons of folks in the community have it.

I'm a hand washing, hand sanitizer using SOB...but you can only do so much to stop something passed by the respiratory system. Being in crowed B-ball gyms 5 out of 6 days last week got a whole lot of us in our (and surrounding) communities. Youngest kids may have brought it home from school as well. Who knows.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Hit's some folks hard, some not so hard. Masks, no-masks, shut down, don't shut down.....folks can debate it all they want. Being in crowed B-ball gyms 5 out of 6 days last week got a whole lot of us in our (and surrounding) communities. Youngest kids may have brought it home from school as well. Who knows.

Well there ya go... What part of "social distancing" got past you?

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
If a mask stops a .2 micron virus then a sock condom should work better at protecting you from STD's and unwanted pregnancies than any latex condom.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hold the ph uck on now back in April, everyone favorite dr said shut the country down for just 2 weeks.. and we will flatten the curve! Everyone praised him, praise the lord hallelujah! DJT did it, well by week 2 nothing uh oh sphagetti O’s looks like Easter in the trash can folks so sorry! Extending this shut down another 2 weeks to 30 April. So uh yeah.. I give a ph uck if you work in a hospital or work at the cdc you all are full of chit you are all like the weatherman don’t have a ph ucking clue majority of the time..

Last edited by 79S; 11/29/20.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J

I find it sad that some people are so selfish they demand other people wear a muzzle for their (the ones demanding) safety. It's just not that hard to respect other people's rights.

If you are fearful, you can choose to live like it.

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 11/29/20.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Oh it’s called the constitution..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by deflave

LOL

Glad you find it humorous. I only had a fever/felt rough one day.

Originally Posted by las
Hit's some folks hard, some not so hard. Masks, no-masks, shut down, don't shut down.....folks can debate it all they want. Being in crowed B-ball gyms 5 out of 6 days last week got a whole lot of us in our (and surrounding) communities. Youngest kids may have brought it home from school as well. Who knows.

Well there ya go... What part of "social distancing" got past you?

We figured it was going to happen, we had no expectations of it being a myth. Our two sons play bball so we go to watch. No part of "social distancing" got by me....neither did the virus.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave

Explain to me how a mask prevents the spread of COVID - 19.

Brad wears a mask and caught the "covid"
I have never worn a mask and no "covid"
Therefore I can conclude mask increase the risk of "covid"

PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

645 members (10gaugeman, 1minute, 12344mag, 1_deuce, 1eyedmule, 1beaver_shooter, 67 invisible), 2,990 guests, and 1,281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,702
Posts18,456,802
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.