Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 16 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 15 16
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
My first buy sailed through just fine over Christmas. I linked my FFL's website and all was good. He retired Jan 1 so I had a hiccup with my new FFL (wrong email address) for my recent order so met with him today and they sorted it. Three more coming. Never understood the urgency...

Conduct is the best proof of character.
GB1

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by limabean
I ordered one Thursday night a week ago, went to my FFL Friday morning and had them send their FFL. Nothing, so I emailed them Tuesday and got a response saying it would ship that day. The status never changed so I called them Wednesday and they told me it would ship that day or the next. I finally got a UPS notification yesterday showing it was shipped. They aren’t very quick shipping or either overwhelmed.

They do not change the status...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Picked mine up today. They forgot to charge me shipping charged my card 499.00$.The rail is attached. I'll remove clean every thing up with degreaser and remount with blue loctite.
There was no manual or warranty info in the box. Did anyone else get the manual and warranty card?

The trigger is the lightest I've ever seen. The quality of the rifle seems pretty good. I like the safety very much.

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by 1911a1
Picked mine up today. They forgot to charge me shipping charged my card 499.00$.The rail is attached. I'll remove clean every thing up with degreaser and remount with blue loctite.
There was no manual or warranty info in the box. Did anyone else get the manual and warranty card?

The trigger is the lightest I've ever seen. The quality of the rifle seems pretty good. I like the safety very much.

That's weird about rail and manual. Mine had both, but rail not attached. I don't mean to be a jerk but that almost sounds like a return? Or maybe a demo/floor model?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by clockwork_7mm_gator

That's weird about rail and manual. Mine had both, but rail not attached. I don't mean to be a jerk but that almost sounds like a return? Or maybe a demo/floor model?

It had a hang tag on the trigger guard from Connecticut Shotgun with the model number and serial no. written on it. Maybe it was a demo or floor display. I wonder if I should call standard or Mauser to get a manual. I'll probably email Mauser

IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

It had a hang tag on the trigger guard from Connecticut Shotgun with the model number and serial no. written on it. Maybe it was a demo or floor display. I wonder if I should call standard or Mauser to get a manual. I'll probably email Mauser

I would imagine you're correct, re: that was a floor model. I bet Mauser (Blaser USA) would send you one.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

Mine came with all of the paperwork and the rail separate in a bubble wrap pack. Agree, crazy trigger. No questions a fine rifle which is why three more are incoming for Christmas 2021 for my three sons.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by limabean
I finally got a UPS notification yesterday showing it was shipped.

Email?

Haul ass, haul ass! - Pappy
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Yes got it in my email, as far as urgency? from previous post I’m really in no hurry for the rifle but when they have been paid for the product it shouldn’t take nearly a week to get it shipped. That’s all.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by EdM

Mine came with all of the paperwork and the rail separate in a bubble wrap pack. Agree, crazy trigger. No questions a fine rifle which is why three more are incoming for Christmas 2021 for my three sons.

That's a heck of a bargain for 3 fine rifles for Christmas gifts. You boys are going to be happy.

IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Gents - is the entire trigger mechanism attached to the action by the single, large hex-headed screw on the bottom, just forward the trigger itself? I don't see the normal pin set up from a Remington or a m98. (Asking before I do something stupid!)

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Is the trigger guard some type of metal, aluminum or polymer?

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
The bottom metal is supposed to be all steel (one piece including the guard.) The mag is polymer.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
The bottom metal is supposed to be all steel (one piece including the guard.) The mag is polymer.

Correction: based on magnet test:

Steel - barreled action, bolt, recoil lug, action screws

Aluminum - bottom metal, bolt knob

I'd based my previous answer on a European review from 2019 but the US version of these rifles clearly have some differences (not threaded, not stainless barrels, etc.). Sending the barreled action, bolt and screws off to H&M tomorrow.

PS - that hex bolt does attach the entire trigger mechanism. 1000x more convenient than punching pins. And id assume extra hardness from nitriding will make all three screws much harder to strip.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Anybody else thinking about painting the stock? I hate black stocks on blued rifles.

Last edited by JoeBob; 01/17/21.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
One other question. How is the barrel attached to the receiver? It doesn’t appear to be threaded and possibly is press fit? Anyone know for sure?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
It’s press fit.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Anybody else thinking about painting the stock? I hate black stocks on blued rifles.

Yup. Gonna do krylon camo then clear coats.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Got an email from UPS this morning. Rifle is supposed to be here Thursday.

I'm considering painting the stock as well. Is the entire thing "rubberized" or just the "checkered" grip areas?

Haul ass, haul ass! - Pappy
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by ShaunRyan
Got an email from UPS this morning. Rifle is supposed to be here Thursday.

I'm considering painting the stock as well. Is the entire thing "rubberized" or just the "checkered" grip areas?

The entire thing. It's one of the nicest factory synthetic stocks I've seen. Way nicer than the Kimber's I've held.

Page 10 of 16 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

113 members (358WCF, 450yukon, 19rabbit52, 10gaugemag, 30Gibbs, 19 invisible), 2,101 guests, and 884 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,652
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.