Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
With look like that...it better shoot perfect.

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Mach3
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
[quote=clockwork_7mm_gator]None of my business, but if you're just interested in accurate and decent recoil mitigation, you could probably get it for much cheaper than $1200?

Perhaps, but have you read any reviews on it?

Here's the G&A review:
https://www.gunsandammo.com/editorial/benelli-lupo-review/377053

Doesn't sound like there's a comparable rifle on the market right now

Guns and Ammo...LMFAO why did you not add Field and stream and Outdoor life while you were at it?

Look, no need to come here and laugh at me about it. We get it. You hate a rifle you never pulled the trigger on. When did I ever personally praise it and say it was the greatest gun ever? If it was, I would have bought it already. It certainly has some interesting features. No need to be a dick about it towards me.

But you have shot it and handled it ? Right . I don't have to see an abortion in person to judge it , pics will do just fine. Comparable to what ? You must be a democrat since you don't like any opinions other then your own. It's your money throw it away as you see fit.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
But But But they are a Benelli grin You know the guys that put rubber chevrons on the stocks and claim they shoot softer when they don't . The guns with a spring assembly in the buttstock that limits reliability and then they design and make this abortion. LMFAO you have to be a mass advertising tool to even want to look at it.

Sounds like an opinion of someone who judges a gun by the looks before even holding it to your shoulder or even pulling the trigger.

I don't like the looks either, but if it shoots sub moa, which Benelli guarantees, and manages recoil well, that's all that really matters to me in the end.

Sounds like the opinion of a guy that has owned a ton of Benelli products.

I haven't owned a ton. But I own 2 and I'm not sure I'd sell them for double what I paid. I'm not easy on the hunting equipment and haven't had a failure on either of the shotguns after many, many rounds though them. They're simple to take apart if there was a failure anyway.

Camp is where you make it.
M
Mach3 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
[quote=clockwork_7mm_gator]None of my business, but if you're just interested in accurate and decent recoil mitigation, you could probably get it for much cheaper than $1200?

Perhaps, but have you read any reviews on it?

Here's the G&A review:
https://www.gunsandammo.com/editorial/benelli-lupo-review/377053

Doesn't sound like there's a comparable rifle on the market right now

Guns and Ammo...LMFAO why did you not add Field and stream and Outdoor life while you were at it?

Look, no need to come here and laugh at me about it. We get it. You hate a rifle you never pulled the trigger on. When did I ever personally praise it and say it was the greatest gun ever? If it was, I would have bought it already. It certainly has some interesting features. No need to be a dick about it towards me.

But you have shot it and handled it ? Right . I don't have to see an abortion in person to judge it , pics will do just fine. Comparable to what ? You must be a democrat since you don't like any opinions other then your own. It's your money throw it away as you see fit.

No I haven't. I'm looking for feedback. Obviously you can't read. Definitely not a democrat. Your assumptions just prove how much of an asshat you are. Nobody cares that you think it's ugly.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Hard to innovate much with a bolt action rifle without getting gimmicky. A bolt action rifle needs to be slender through the belly. That one does not appear to be so.

IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by spence1875
I handled one in lgs. Ergonomics were way off for me, the bolt design is just odd and the looks are terrible. For that kind of money no way. If you buy one good luck ever getting half your money out if it is my guess. They should stick with shotguns of which I have two.

Spence

But But But they are a Benelli grin You know the guys that put rubber chevrons on the stocks and claim they shoot softer when they don't . The guns with a spring assembly in the buttstock that limits reliability and then they design and make this abortion. LMFAO you have to be a mass advertising tool to even want to look at it.

I have put thousands of rounds through a Benelli shotgun killing coyotes and wolves out of a helicopter. They are rock solid and very reliable. Your opinion is unfounded.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I am with atse. I shoot shotguns a lot and benelli has been at the top for reliability and low maintenance among them all. In fact their design is copied and imitated constantly. Have no opinion on the new weapon but they are a top tier shotgun and can’t find any flaws in their design after cases and cases of shells. I agree the chevrons are a marketing gimmick but haven’t seen a downside of them yet. Every gun company markets gimmicks in some form. In Argentina the high volume shotgun outfits either rent you benelli or beretta. That’s no coincident

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I handled one in lgs. Ergonomics were way off for me, the bolt design is just odd and the looks are terrible. For that kind of money no way. If you buy one good luck ever getting half your money out if it is my guess. They should stick with shotguns of which I have two.

Spence

Having the spring assembly in the butt stock limits reliability in what way? Pull the stock and wipe down at the end of the year. This is the best feature of the Benelli. The Franchi's and Stoegars with the spring on the mag tube are not well balanced. The Benelli has a much more lively feel. Haven't had a chance to try a Franchi. Just tie a 2 pound weight on the muzzle of your Benelli and you'll get the idea!

Last edited by Switch; 11/30/20.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
BTW the United States Marine Corp uses the Benelli shotgun in combat. Reliable? Ask the Taliban.

Last edited by Switch; 11/30/20.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Benelli shotguns are excellent, no doubt. But a company can be great at one thing and not at another. Earlier the OP said all he cares about in a rifle is accuracy and recoil mitigation. You can get that for a lot less than $1200. So clearly this is also about aesthetics... in which case you can't really get upset when people think they're ugly...

IC B3

M
Mach3 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by clockwork_7mm_gator
Benelli shotguns are excellent, no doubt. But a company can be great at one thing and not at another. Earlier the OP said all he cares about in a rifle is accuracy and recoil mitigation. You can get that for a lot less than $1200. So clearly this is also about aesthetics... in which case you can't really get upset when people think they're ugly...

It's definitely not the best looking rifle. Is it loaded with features that most people would want in a rifle?

Yes.

This guy explains it short and to the point:
https://youtu.be/qzsF23f9ACs

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Nobody should shoot a rilfe as ugly as that, in the words of an old friend a and Montana gunsmith!

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
All that “innovation” is great and all. But what does it actually do better than half a dozen rifles that cost half of a third as much?

CWT Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Spence

My M1 Super 90's have been most reliable and they are pretty old now. The spring assembly is in the buttstock and I don't think they have changed that.

Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms should be a convenience store; not a government agency.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by clockwork_7mm_gator
I have never seen one in a store, but curious to know if they're as "modern" -- I'm trying hard not to say hideous -- in person.

Just like a Glock .......LOL

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
M
Mach3 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by JoeBob
All that “innovation” is great and all. But what does it actually do better than half a dozen rifles that cost half of a third as much?

That would be around $230. You won't find anything better than a paper weight at that price

Everyone is acting like this is a $5,000 rifle.

It's a >$1,500 rifle that is extremely adaptable to the shooter out of the box

Last edited by Mach3; 12/01/20.
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Ita obvious you are enamored with them and that no one has direct experience, likely becuase they are new to the market and most find them hideous, myself included. I'm as big of a Benelli fan as anyone, have 3 in my safe with another inertia 20, but personally I think they should stick to shotguns as it is what they know and do best. When waterfowl is the game, a Benelli is in my hands 9.5/10 times. If nothing else Benelli can market things to the masses. They sell/sold a pile of the Vinci guns and those things look horrible too.

You should buy it and report back. Maybe we can all be shown to water.

Edit, make that 4 as I forgot about the Nova pump.

Last edited by UNCCGrad; 12/01/20.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

That would be around $230. You won't find anything better than a paper weight at that price

So, do you know anyone who speaks in terms of “half of a third” or do you think it might be more reasonable to think that the correct word was “or”? Or did you even consider that before you rushed in to demonstrate that a $230 rifle would not be a quality rifle? Lolololololol

And, in point of fact, I’ve got a couple of $230 rifles I would take out of the safe before that turd.

Last edited by JoeBob; 12/01/20.
M
Mach3 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M

So, do you know anyone who speaks in terms of “half of a third” or do you think it might be more reasonable to think that the correct word was “or”? Or did you even consider that before you rushed in to demonstrate that a $230 rifle would not be a quality rifle? Lolololololol

And, in point of fact, I’ve got a couple of $230 rifles I would take out of the safe before that turd.

That's just dumb

M
Mach3 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by UNCCGrad
Ita obvious you are enamored with them and that no one has direct experience, likely becuase they are new to the market and most find them hideous, myself included. I'm as big of a Benelli fan as anyone, have 3 in my safe with another inertia 20, but personally I think they should stick to shotguns as it is what they know and do best. When waterfowl is the game, a Benelli is in my hands 9.5/10 times. If nothing else Benelli can market things to the masses. They sell/sold a pile of the Vinci guns and those things look horrible too.

You should buy it and report back. Maybe we can all be shown to water.

Edit, make that 4 as I forgot about the Nova pump.

The reason I didn't buy it yet is because of its looks. I've been looking around trying to find something comparable in the same price range and nothing else has the features of the Lupo.

Anything I would personally consider over it is at least double the price.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

132 members (257wthbylover, 300_savage, 5sdad, 2ndwind, aaronward9, 18 invisible), 1,760 guests, and 965 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,511
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.