R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by jwall
B S, uh... that's Big Sky ----- grin

You said above....

"I never understand either the emotional attachment or emotional disdain some people have for some cartridges."

From my perspective it NOT the cartridge.

It's ALL the claims of superiority and how it beats other known...proven cartridges.

I really like Banana Pudding..... but NOT 3Xs a day. Get my drift?

I could elaborate on the criticism & ridicule I & others see when we prove it's slower & arched in trajectory less than
400 yds. BUT I won't.

Jerry

You hit the nail on the head.

GB1

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Or the perceived attack on your favorite.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
To each his own, but the only reason I'd own, or recommend to someone, a 6.5 CM would be the absolute plethora of great factory ammo available for the it.
The vast majority do not hand load and I've never seen a cartridge in my lifetime that compares in the variety available (ok, maybe not today but you get my drift).

"Giving freaks a pass is the oldest tradition in Montana."
Thomas McGuane
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Finally dawned on me why there is so much panty twisting and whining about the 6.5 Creedmore- there must be a contest that awards the 10,000th whiner about the Creedmore on this site with some awesome prize- like a pacifier with the words 30-06, or Joe Biden Loves You imprinted on it. If you bitch especially whiny and irritating like, you get a string lanyard to attach it to your footie pajamas so you won't lose it and have a real meltdown ....

Good to know everyone is so bored and shut in from winter, end of hunting seasons, and Coved restrictions they have nothing better to do.... spending too much time with the wives?

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I think what the OP is saying is it’s kind of like wearing white Oakleys. It isn't about the sunglasses so much as it is about the dudes that like to wear them.

IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by K1500
I think what the OP is saying is it’s kind of like wearing white Oakleys. It isn't about the sunglasses so much as it is about the dudes that like to wear them.

And that is a pretty good description..

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by widrahthaar
I like it because it’s a mid sized short action with cheap ammo that everyone keeps in stock. (Ammo shortages aside)

260 or 7mm-08 would fit the bill if you could buy factory ammo for them every where for cheap.

This. The hype/marketing got attention and then a affordable supply line behind it allowed it to it take off. The Creed ammo that hits the shelves here gets snapped up immediately. Can’t say that about others.

Last edited by AKduck; 12/02/20.

Yup.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
We'll, since there ain't a 257/08 and the 260 was a bag of suck....

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by AKduck
Originally Posted by widrahthaar
I like it because it’s a mid sized short action with cheap ammo that everyone keeps in stock. (Ammo shortages aside)

260 or 7mm-08 would fit the bill if you could buy factory ammo for them every where for cheap.

This. The hype/marketing got attention and then a affordable supply line behind it allowed it to it take off. The Creed ammo that hits the shelves here gets snapped up immediately. Can’t say that about others.

Odd - because around here Creed and Valkyrie ammo is about all you see on the shelves. Even this tiny store I know of - they sold out of 458WinMag before they did the Creed (good selection of 8mm mauser too)

Me

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
I have nothing personal against the creedmoor. As has been mentioned it’s an inanimate object.
Yea it’s light recoiling, it doesn’t eat much powder, it has plenty of variety in the form of factory ammo, it’s a good target round yada yada yada.
I can’t disagree with those points as that would simply be denying facts. My issue is all the BS surrounding it.
All the hype of people acting like it’s an 800 yard elk/moose cartridge, or that it’s the end all be all no other cartridge is worthy BS. Of course it will kill an elk or moose. It won’t kill them any deader than the 6.5x55 has been doing for over 100 years, or a 260 has been doing for 30-40 years or however long
We hear how flat shooting it is compared too other cartridges, Bull Baloney. Who cares how flat it shoots at 1,000 yards or 1,200 yards. I don’t shoot 1,000 yard competition so that means diddly squat too me. I care more what it does at up to say 300–400 maybe max and what kind of energy it has when it gets there. For me the closer I get the more exciting it is. I don’t care if it will shoot some super long VLD bullet. If a 125 or 140 grain Partition, 120 TTSX, GMX, ballistic tip, 127 LRX, 140 accubond, etc etc won’t kill something reliably then I don’t want too shoot it with a 6.5 creedmoor anyway.
I see it for what it is. It probably works fine for 95% of the hunting scenarios out there. I’m sure it excels as a deer, antelope, hog rifle that could be used too kill an elk etc now and then. IMO for a dedicated elk, moose etc rifle there are better tools for the job, especially for a visiting hunter that might only get a few days too hunt or maybe only hunt elk etc once or twice in a lifetime. Now someone will probably show me how much a 120 TTSX penetrates and I’m sure it does.
I think a 6.5x284, 6.5 Wby RPM etc are much better all around cartridges for one rifle from antelope to Elk sized game. Of course they have a little more recoil but they have just enough extra case capacity without being obnoxious in my opinion. I fired my friends 6.5x284 and didn’t think recoils was bad at all.
In simple terms I think it’s fine for what it is but it’s abilities are so overhyped/exaggerated that it’s just annoying.
. What’s even more annoying is if you say anything negative about the Creedmoor in any way they accuse you of CDS or they act like you are cussing their wife or dog etc.

Last edited by ridgerunner_ky; 12/02/20.
IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Tell your dad I'll buy it from him - at his "I hate this gun" price, of course!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing -- Edmund Burke
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
The Creedmore derangement syndrome lives on I see....

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I luv' these threads.

[Linked Image from media1.tenor.com]

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by ridgerunner_ky

. What’s even more annoying is if you say anything negative about the Creedmoor in any way they accuse you of CDS...

I keep my diagnoses limited to those who say irrational or incorrect things. grin

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by mathman

. What’s even more annoying is if you say anything negative about the Creedmoor in any way they accuse you of CDS...

I keep my diagnoses limited to those who say irrational or incorrect things. grin

What did I say that is incorrect? 🤪

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I don’t even want too own one. I would buy a 6.5x55 if I wanted one just because I’m sick of hearing about the Creedmoor.

There's an irrational, emotionally driven line of thought. CDS symptoms. grin

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by mathman
I don’t even want too own one. I would buy a 6.5x55 if I wanted one just because I’m sick of hearing about the Creedmoor.

There's an irrational, emotionally driven line of thought. CDS symptoms. grin

Okay you might have got me on that one 😆

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jwall
B S, uh... that's Big Sky ----- grin

You said above....

"I never understand either the emotional attachment or emotional disdain some people have for some cartridges."

From my perspective it NOT the cartridge.

It's ALL the claims of superiority and how it beats other known...proven cartridges.

I really like Banana Pudding..... but NOT 3Xs a day. Get my drift?

I could elaborate on the criticism & ridicule I & others see when we prove it's slower & arched in trajectory less than
400 yds. BUT I won't.

Jerry

Says the guy that uses a 7 Mag to shoot Arkansas whitetails... not that there's anything wrong with that. grin

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm not sure how much more popcorn I can eat, but I'm giving it the old college try.... wink

I just love these ranting threads where guys cuss and bitch about a cartridge by stating over and over all the attributes that make it a great cartridge.... wink and then saying there is nothing wrong with the cartridge, it's just the fanfare it is getting that is really pissing them off? You can't make this stuff up folks!

When was the last time a single cartridge came out that got this kind of attention from both sides of the aisle?

Give me a minute to restock my popcorn....

Bob

Last edited by Sheister; 12/02/20.

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
when it came out, first thought was...well this just duplicates a couple of good rounds that aren't that popular, and i forgot about it.

then i read somewhere that it was developed to be a match cartridge that fits whatever competition it was; so that explains it. several years pass and it is the hottest thing you have to have to run around with the cool kids. a combination of good marketing i guess. anyway it's great to hunt with, which is what most of us do. otherwise,
i think of it as another 6mm br type of thing that's great at one thing and that's good enough.

all the high bc bullet stuff for knocking over a deer at some extreme range is lost on me. hitting steel gongs at distance is fun, but is it worth buying a rifle just to do that?

If you're not having fun; you're not doing it right!
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (160user, 11point, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 007FJ, 57 invisible), 2,958 guests, and 1,233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,350
Posts18,468,852
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.