J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Mach3
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Originally Posted by JoeBob
All that “innovation” is great and all. But what does it actually do better than half a dozen rifles that cost half of a third as much?

That would be around $230. You won't find anything better than a paper weight at that price

Everyone is acting like this is a $5,000 rifle.

It's a >$1,500 rifle that is extremely adaptable to the shooter out of the box

So, do you know anyone who speaks in terms of “half of a third” or do you think it might be more reasonable to think that the correct word was “or”? Or did you even consider that before you rushed in to demonstrate that a $230 rifle would not be a quality rifle? Lolololololol

And, in point of fact, I’ve got a couple of $230 rifles I would take out of the safe before that turd.

That's just dumb

It’s and ugly soulless rifle for ugly soulless people.

GB1

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
The Benelli lupus is so ugly, one almost can’t stop looking at it. Pure train wreck.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by clockwork_7mm_gator
Benelli shotguns are excellent, no doubt. But a company can be great at one thing and not at another. Earlier the OP said all he cares about in a rifle is accuracy and recoil mitigation. You can get that for a lot less than $1200. So clearly this is also about aesthetics... in which case you can't really get upset when people think they're ugly...

It's definitely not the best looking rifle. Is it loaded with features that most people would want in a rifle?

Yes.

This guy explains it short and to the point:
https://youtu.be/qzsF23f9ACs

What features are setting it apart from other accurate competitors? I think if you spelled that out you might get more productive conversation.

M
Mach3 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Benelli shotguns are excellent, no doubt. But a company can be great at one thing and not at another. Earlier the OP said all he cares about in a rifle is accuracy and recoil mitigation. You can get that for a lot less than $1200. So clearly this is also about aesthetics... in which case you can't really get upset when people think they're ugly...

It's definitely not the best looking rifle. Is it loaded with features that most people would want in a rifle?

Yes.

What features are setting it apart from other accurate competitors? I think if you spelled that out you might get more productive conversation.

This article explains it best

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

Yes.

This article explains it best

I watched the video. I meant for you specifically. Every review of new rifles touts how its groundbreaking and new tech. I don't really see much with the LUPO that makes me think it's changing rifle design moving forward. The fit system is cool I guess, but if you find a rifle that fits you from the start, it strikes me as a solution to address a non-issue.

IC B2

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
i have the lupo's little brother, the franchi momentum in .308. killer trigger. a different stock, odd looking, yes, but shoulders and fits beautifully. actual mauser type bottom metal with magazine drop plate. bore-ingly accurate.
gotta say, the lupo is NOT attractive to me.
maybe someone will offer a classic wood stock for the momentum one day. i can dream, can't i?

M
Mach3 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
I just got one in 300 win mag.

The build quality is outstanding. The barrel finish is flawless and looks great. The polymer stock does not feel chincy at all. It feels and looks like an expensive rifle.

Yes, it is ugly. But once I handled it and put it to my shoulder it sort of gives you an understanding of why it's built the way it is. The grip texture feels sturdy. The angle of the grip around the trigger feels perfect. I was wondering why Benelli sort of built the trigger guard into the stock. Now I get it.

The buttstock can be configured up to 27 different ways with adjustable cheek height and length of pull spacers. I chose the highest cheek weld angle. The recoil pad is probably the softest I've felt on any rifle, it also has a shock absorber spacer in front of the pad that Benelli calls Progressive Comfort which is probably why it feels so good. But that might not matter much to me because I already installed the APA little bastard brake on it. It's nice that the Lupo comes from factory with a threaded muzzle so anyone can put a brake on of their choice or none at all.

The detachable magazine is small and blocky. Nice thick housing. Built like a brick chithouse. It has a nice locking tab that would never be accidently bumped in the woods because it's built into the stock. Extremely easy to load cartridges and slide them out.

The bolt is chromed steel, has 3 lugs and a recessed center section which allows the detachable magazine to sit flush in the stock. Very smart design. The action is just as smooth as my T3X I have. It does not lock when the safety is off. To break it down for cleaning, all you have to do is push the locking tab and turn it then the firing pin comes out. Easiest bolt I have ever taken apart.

The trigger is adjustable but it already feels great with dry firing it a few times. No creep, very light and crisp. We'll see how it is at the range.

I will be putting some VX5HD glass on it mounted with the Mark 4 rings.

I was on the fence for a while to buy one. At first, I'm glad I did. We'll see what I think after a few range trips.

Last edited by Mach3; 01/12/21.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

145 members (257wthbylover, 300_savage, 2ndwind, 17CalFan, 257_X_50, 21 invisible), 1,830 guests, and 979 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,506
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.