Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Hope you don't have an eye appt. today Slum!

#thosepoorfuckers

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I got a hankerin for a McRib now, dammit.

#McGutAche

#Sogood

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by slumlord
Trying to lose some weight and get me a mexikan girl friend. šŸ˜ƒ

Oh ok kind of like bulimia sept you expel out the other end? hahaha
Look yourself in the mirror and scoff that sum bich. Do it now.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
After reading this thread I think I'll go get one.

can't be all that bad..... or can it?

рŠ°Š“яŠ½ŃŃŒŠŗŠµ Š»Š°Š¹Š½Š¾, іŠ“Šø ŠµŠ±Š°Ń‚ŃŒ сŠ²Š¾ŃŽ Š¼Š°Ń‚Ń–Ń€
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hookeye
Be funny as heck if Soylent Green Biscuit Co was involved w McRib somehow.

Yup, its rib meat all right, from old long porks.

LMFAO

I don't believe there is any pork, long or otherwise, involved in the making of a mcrib. Wife loves those things. Friggin nasty.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image from melmagazine.com]

Google says-

MCRIB PORK PATTY
1) Pork: At conception, in 1981, the McRib patty was believed to be made from restructured meat products like pork heart, tripe and scalded stomach. Nowadays, McDonaldā€™s says the faux ribs are composed primarily of ground pork shoulder. While I canā€™t speak directly to the quality of McDonaldā€™s meat, in 2012, they pressured their pork supplier to stop using inhumane gestation crates, which is a small step in the right direction.

2) Water: Everyone likes their pork extra wet, right?

3) Salt: In total, a McRib contains 890 milligrams of sodium, or 39 percent of your daily recommended intake. This is a decent amount, especially if you go for fries, too.

4) Dextrose: Dextrose is a sugar derived from starches, like corn, and is chemically identical to glucose, or blood sugar. Fun fact: Dextrose has an especially high glycemic index, meaning it quickly raises blood sugar levels, so itā€™s used in IV solutions to treat low blood sugar and dehydration. People with diabetes might also consume dextrose tablets to raise their blood sugar levels if they become dangerously low. Because of this blood-sugar-boosting effect, consuming dextrose also provides an almost immediate jolt of energy ā€” and then an inevitable crash.

5) Rosemary Extract: In addition to providing flavor, rosemary extract has natural preservative and antioxidant properties that can slow the deterioration of food.

HOMESTYLE BUN
1) Enriched Flour (Wheat Flour, Malted Barley Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid): As we learned in our exploration of the many, many, many ingredients in the McDonaldā€™s Big Mac, enriched flour is far less ā€œenrichedā€ than the name would have you believe. In addition to containing more calories than whole wheat flour, the bleaching process enriched flour often undergoes produces an unfortunate byproduct: A chemical called alloxan, which has been found to induce diabetes in lab-animal test subjects by destroying their pancreas.

2) Water: More H20.

3) Sugar: A McRib has 13 grams of sugar ā€” more than a serving of Red Hots ā€” which is quite a lot for a sandwich. For reference, the American Heart Association recommends men consume no more than 36 grams and women consume no more than 25 grams of added sugar a day.

4) Yeast: The fungus that makes dough rise.

5) Corn Meal: Ground corn!

6) Salt: More salt.

7) Soybean Oil: According to physician and biochemist Cate Shanahan, consuming too much vegetable oil ā€” which is easy to do, considering Shanahan says roughly 45 percent of the average Americanā€™s calories come from refined oils ā€” has serious repercussions (i.e., fatty liver disease, insulin resistance and migraines).

8) Wheat Gluten: Those with celiac disease beware: Wheat gluten is wheat flour thatā€™s been hydrated to activate the gluten, then processed to remove everything but the gluten. Itā€™s added to improve the chewiness of the dough.

9) Mono and Diglycerides: Mono (aka, monoglycerides) and diglycerides are dough conditioners added to improve the texture or quality of dough. Theyā€™re often packed with trans fats that arenā€™t listed on the nutrition facts label, which is incredibly problematic. Because trans fats are associated with an increased risk of heart disease, stroke and diabetes, consuming more than you think you are (because they werenā€™t listed on the label) could do serious damage to your body.

10) Enzymes: Enzymes simply help dough rise.

11) Ascorbic Acid: Ascorbic acid is just another name for vitamin C, which is used as a preservative.

12) Vinegar: Vinegar adds some tartness and is a common BBQ ingredient.

PICKLE SLICES
1) Cucumbers: Did yā€™all know that pickles are made from cucumbers?

2) Water: You should definitely know this one by now.

3) Distilled Vinegar: Vinegar produced from the fermentation of distilled alcohol. The extra acidity it provides helps to penetrate the pickles, enhancing the flavor and acting as a preservative.

4) Salt: Yep, more salt.

5) Calcium Chloride: Calcium chloride helps pickles taste salty without adding even more salt, so itā€™s really just a means of regulating sodium intake. Itā€™s safe for consumption, according to the FDA.

6) Alum: Alum is a common spice used in pickling recipes to maintain the vegetablesā€™ crispiness.

7) Potassium Sorbate (Preservative): Potassium sorbate prevents yeast and mold growth, and is generally recognized as safe.

8) Natural Flavors: Natural flavors are quite literally flavors derived from an actual food sourceā€Š ā€” ā€Ši.e., pickle flavoring taken from real pickles.

9) Polysorbate 80: Polysorbate 80 is an emulsifier commonly used in pickling, and it helps disperse the added flavors. Unfortunately, it also promotes inflammatory bowel disease and a cluster of obesity-related diseases known as metabolic syndrome, according to a 2015 study published in the journal Nature. Bummer.

10) Extractives of Turmeric (Color): This is what gives McDonaldā€™s pickles their yellow-ish tint.

ONIONS
1) Onions: For crunchiness.

THE TAKEAWAY
The McRib is far from a farm-to-table pork sammy, and it contains a couple questionable ingredients: Namely, polysorbate 80 and mono and diglycerides. But the bigger problems are the high amounts of sodium, sugar and saturated fat that it delivers, and thatā€™s before fries and a Coke. If that dissuades you from getting your hands on one this time around, donā€™t worry ā€” itā€™ll be back.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I just housed 2 of them sumbitchs.

Camp is where you make it.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Add 32 oz co-cola to that

Im already feeling a tug šŸ’©

Everything come out alright?

FJB & FJT
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by tzone

Post a selfie from the dumper

Edit: never mind, its been too long. 24 minutes.

Last edited by 19352012; 12/02/20.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tomorrow morning youā€™ll be releasing the Krackon for sure. Maybe thatā€™s what Sidney meant.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just finished off two McRibs w/fries. Got my fix!

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." ā€“ Robert E. Lee
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Just finished off two McRibs w/fries. Got my fix!

Slumlord, the Tennessee internet influencer. lmao!

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Just in case

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
McBarf

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by mathman
Rib meat? Yeah right.

Think "restructured meat product."

Made for washing down with an ice cold Old Milwaukee ... Mmm, mmm. mathman will have an extree of each laugh

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
If they haven't changed the McRib in the 36 years since I've had one, they're the best damn thing McD's ever made.

Mathew 22: 37-39

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by 19352012
Originally Posted by tzone

Post a selfie from the dumper

Edit: never mind, its been too long. 24 minutes.

LMFAO

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Just in case

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Is the cup on the end so you can fit your entire head in it?

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Im not sure yet.

Already got a chicken sammich in me.

Iā€™m going to split it with my son aka Baby Huey. He eats anything.

You better get a suitcase of em for him.

LOL!!!

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Thought about carrying an extra mcrib out down the highway to renegade50. Heā€™s just hunting under a bridge along a state route.

Toss it over the embankment and toot the horn.

#McAirdrop

Dat dude troll hunting again ?

wink

Ingress /egress bottleneck route into 26 acres of TVA hardwood bottom lands / flood zone.

Looks like a nothing spot to your average schmoo.
Most of em have no idea how to search for COE, TVA, Old fed rec areas on the web.

I do..

Never did get any Mcmini parachute Mcrib love coming my way either.....

Just have to go get my own.....

Last edited by renegade50; 12/02/20.
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

76 members (35, 10Glocks, 14idaho, 6mmbrfan, 280shooter, 2500HD, 7 invisible), 1,583 guests, and 734 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,547
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.