Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
J
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
J
The China Flu has really been making the rounds in my area. Looking back I felt a bit off a couple of times and wondered if I might have had it. So I got an antibody test. Paid $100 bucks online, went to a lab for a blood draw and 24 hours later received my positive result. If you were exposed or think you may have at it or possibly asymptomatic, it is an easy way to see if you did have it.

They say immunity varies and they are not in agreement how long antibodies last, sounds like at least 6-7 months. They have had repeat cases in less time than that, but I think in general terms, you have immunity for a significant amount of time. So, I am no longer worried about it, feel a bit better about being around my parents and no vaccine for me. I think individuals that are low risk should all have the antibody test before getting the vaccine. Why take the risk of the vaccine if you already have antibodies and if the vaccine is in short supply why give it to someone that is likely already immune. Anyway, it will be interesting to see how the vaccine situation plays out.

GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Look up the actual, repeat cases, not the msm version. So small, statistically insignificant.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I figure that with the genetics of my ancestors that I’m more likely to die from drunkenly falling on my sword than I am of disease or pestilence, I’m the definition of herd immunity.....mooo. 😁

I believe that my family had it early on (last February) but it’s only speculation. I would be interested in knowing if we possessed the antibodies, I’ll have to look into it.

Thanks J.G. 👍

ETA....J.G.......I think there are enough of us younger, healthy guys (that are used to surviving without annual vaccinations) that are cautious, if not suspicious of its efficacy, side effects and origins. If the vaccine is effective then I guess we’ll see people back to dying from a non-designer illness like the garden variety flu.....

Last edited by AcesNeights; 12/03/20.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter

Our next door neighbor of many years just lost his Daddy yesterday to Covid..

Damn, just damn.

Please pray for Dave.

God Bless,

Steve

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
I get tested every week. A finger prick and then 15 minutes.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The lack of anti bodies is not equal to a lack of immunity. The immune system has multiple ways of remembering previous infections.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
Schitt for brains Farci said that there won't be herd immunuty till 75 percent of the population is injected with an unproving concoction of sour owl schitt.

Dumb ass doesn't even consider that up to 55% of the population has active antibodies from natural exposure.

That dipschitt hasn't practiced medicine one day in his crooked assed life.

Send his ass to Gitmo

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Felt funky in February. Got an antibody test last week. Negative. Guess I'm not part of hear immunity yet.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Almost everyone I know has had it. One was hospitalized because it was early in the "event".

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

My wife and I are 71. She had it in September, feeling tough for 3-4 days, and having some same symptoms and being with her 24/7, I figured my having it was a certainty. Got the antibody test this past Wed — negative. I was actually disappointed.

A long acquaintance —- going back to college days — and good fishing friend, a big strong guy even at 70 (was a football Little All-American in college) had a colon cancer discovered on routine colonoscopy last Feb. Had it resected and did fine until the first round of chem- to which he had a severe reaction and then developed secondary cardiac problems.

They got that sorted out and second round of altered chemo- went ok, but then on developing chest pain discovered he had a dangerous aortic aneurysm. Big surgery at the U of Minn but got through it and was recovering well.

Until he got COVID while there. It wasn’t a few days until he was on a ventilator and about a week-ten days later, he was dead. Just too many blows and too much to overcome.

God rest your soul C and while here, I will miss you, but we will meet again.

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (06hunter59, 17CalFan, 1234, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 160user, 50 invisible), 1,954 guests, and 1,029 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,185
Posts18,465,727
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.