Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I went by one during lunch the other day after learning about a 22 ammo dump around the area at the walmarts. Nothing. Did buy the only 3 boxes of 410 7 1/2. BPS had a good bit M855 yesterday. That was the first in a while. Picked up a few boxes.

I thought all walmarts pulled guns right before the election due to looting concerns. They pulled all guns at ours.

I'm seeing 556 and 22lr in the lgs just sitting, prices are too high and very few folks are willing to pay them. Hopefully that will ease up the shortage some. The line at Academy in the mornings before opening is 40-50 deep here...crazy.

GB1

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
As of the last time I bought some, shotgun stuff--shells, primers, powder, #7-1/2 lead, wads--was still plentiful. But that was 6 weeks ago. I don't think it will last. Demand for 9mm, .223, etc. will cause manufacturers to switch production from shotgun stuff.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
The social media secondary market has made these boom-bust cycles worse. No longer does one have to wait for the 1x-2x/yr gun show to hoard and sell. Anyone with enough time to be in the ammo dept when the shipment shows up can buy all they're allowed to and throw it up on any number of auction sites the same day.

Last edited by horse1; 12/04/20.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
...... Demand for 9mm, .223, etc. will cause manufacturers to switch production from shotgun stuff.

I think this is very true. They're going to manufacture what there is the biggest demand for. If they only have resources to devote to a limited number of items at a time something has to be cut out.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by horse1
The social media secondary market has made these boom-bust cycles worse. No longer does one have to wait for the 1x-2x/yr gun show to hoard and sell. Anyone with enough time to be in the ammo dept when the shipment shows up can buy all they're allowed to and throw it up on any number of auction sites the same day.

Social media also is the driving force behind getting the word out so that everyone panics and tramples old ladies and young children to clean out the shelves. The membership of the 'fire certainly does its best to contribute to this.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Couple of weeks ago, I was at the local gun store and heard someone ask for 9mm and 5.56. Response from the clerk was that they didn't have any at all.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Maybe I can start selling some of this schit off then!

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
So we know who doesn't have it. Question for the rest of you wankers....

ARE YOU READY TO ROCK?

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Say when!

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Lot of people just never learn anything except the hard way. The country has seen more than a few ammo /component panics yet when it let's up they fail to lay in an adequate supply for their needs. Couple weeks back a former coworker called me and said he only had 9 rds of 06 left and could I help him out? I asked him how he screwed that up and he replied just too busy. Long story short I loaned him a 50 rd box loaded with gi brass, superformance and 165 gr btsp Hornady. Told him to make sure they would chamber in his x bolt, they did but not easily it bothered him. I told him that they were loaded for my 06's not his. To go through the box and separate all that chambered easier for immediate use. He has made efficient use of his remaining factory rds with some still left. In a couple of weeks I get my ammo back. I am not in the business of custom loading for people, I load them for my guns they chambered fine in all my 30-06's. I helped him out again but this is the last time. No money involved I just wanted to make sure he had ammo to fill the freezer with. Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
...... Demand for 9mm, .223, etc. will cause manufacturers to switch production from shotgun stuff.

I think this is very true. They're going to manufacture what there is the biggest demand for. If they only have resources to devote to a limited number of items at a time something has to be cut out.

That s why 380 was so hard to find before.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Couple of weeks ago, I was at the local gun store and heard someone ask for 9mm and 5.56. Response from the clerk was that they didn't have any at all.

I thought you were going to say the clerk, and everybody within earshot, broke out in laughter. grin

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by skeen
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

I thought you were going to say the clerk, and everybody within earshot, broke out in laughter. grin

There is a trailer up the road here. Every sat and sun and usually a random day during the week. pew pew pew, pow pow pow. Occasional mag dump in the mix, mostly sounds like 9mm

Some cap on the head backwards guy with rat-like features

I hope he has ammo for hell or high water.

Probably a meth head burning through deceased relative’s stash.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Couple weeks back a former coworker called me and said he only had 9 rds of 06 left and could I help him out? I asked him how he screwed that up and he replied just too busy.

How many deer does he plan to shoot? Is he a really bad shot and it takes half a box for him to get one deer down??

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I seen campfire guys on here. Maybe Shaman

Got those plastic belt bandolier from Federal that hold 10 rounds.

Maybe it was him. Anyway. Someone with like two on each side of their 5x short carrot orange coveralls and an elastic one on the buttstock HAHAHA

Im like wtf, in case wheatfields and mcCoys breaks out lol

2 down and one in the pipe and Im out. The extra two for yotes 😃

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
2 down and one in the pipe and Im out. The extra two for yotes 😃

One up the spout and three in the magazine works for me (30.06)

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
All joking aside... is there really a shortage on guns and ammo?

Why in the hell did people not stock up after the last shortage... or the one before that... or the one before that.

It's almost like people are stupid or something...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Seems like every time o drop a critter a big ol dog field starts mean mugging me or a yote needs a lesson in what a 223 does at 500+

3 rounds in the gun? When God made 10 round magazine clips? The horror

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Been pretty dry here, almost no common ammunition and most of the reloading components are gone in the few local shops we have left. I did just stop to buy an extra doe tag for the weekend and they had just received a shipment of powder and some ammunition. Grabbed a pound of Varget and H4350 and 2 boxes of 130gr Accubonds for the 6.5’s in the safe. Phone was ringing off the hook while I stood at the register with guys looking for guns, ammo and powder and every one of them asked how late they were open tonight. That shipment ain’t gonna last.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I did find a box of 123 SST's in Academy this morning for a pretty decent price. I've been wanting to reload a few and try them. Otherwise, the pickings were very, very slim. Only a couple of boxes of bullets were all that was there.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

231 members (30Gibbs, 10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 264mag, 16penny, 300_savage, 35 invisible), 2,807 guests, and 1,016 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,277
Posts18,467,631
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.