Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
D
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
D
Anyone used them? Looks like they now have a vibram sole. Are they good for actual walking/hiking or just for short walks out to the tree stand or shoveling snow? Are there any other overboots that are any good for hiking? I'd just order some and see, but I don't want to deal with Wiggy's crummy returns policy.

BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A couple years back a pard invited me along to help him with a bison hunt in AK in February. I opted for a pair of NEOs Navigator overshoes that I wore over uninsulated hikers with good wool socks. My feet did not get cold at all and we saw temps as low as -24ºF. They were a snug enough fit that I had no problem hiking in them. Climbed some pretty steep country chasing ptarmigan after the bison was shot. No problem with them there either. I am very happy with them. Even used them here in IN deer hunting with nothing but a pair of tennis shoes underneath. Again, no cold feet. Told a buddy about them and he scored some for his son off eBay for $40!

https://www.overshoesneos.com/Overshoes_Neos_Navigator_5.html

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

“Using the JR mukluk over any insulated boot will keep your feet warm for hours, if otherwise proporly dressed, at a temperature of -70 degrees F and colder.”

-70 F Yeah right. Jerry is such a liar

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by pointer
A couple years back a pard invited me along to help him with a bison hunt in AK in February. I opted for a pair of NEOs Navigator overshoes that I wore over uninsulated hikers with good wool socks. My feet did not get cold at all and we saw temps as low as -24ºF. They were a snug enough fit that I had no problem hiking in them. Climbed some pretty steep country chasing ptarmigan after the bison was shot. No problem with them there either. I am very happy with them. Even used them here in IN deer hunting with nothing but a pair of tennis shoes underneath. Again, no cold feet. Told a buddy about them and he scored some for his son off eBay for $40!

I wear these ice fishing and tree stand hunting. Work pretty well keeping feet warm. I haven't hiked much in them or in steep terrain though.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ribka

I wear these ice fishing and tree stand hunting. Work pretty well keeping feet warm. I haven't hiked much in them or in steep terrain though.
I climbed Donnelly Dome outside of Fairbanks chasing ptarmingan in them. No problem with the boots hiking.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

I climbed Donnelly Dome outside of Fairbanks chasing ptarmingan in them. No problem with the boots hiking.

WTF bro?
Where was my invite?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by T_Inman

WTF bro?
Where was my invite?

Ha! Kinda a hard to send the invite uphill, which IIRC is where you were the whole time we were on that bump. You probably remember shotgun "problems" keeping someone from getting more birds....

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Yes, and the ensuing swear words. Even through the binos I could tell what was happening.
I LOL'd, because I was 100% sure I knew what the problem was.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Yes, and the ensuing swear words. Even through the binos I could tell what was happening.
I LOL'd, because I was 100% sure I knew what the problem was.
Wasn't with the shotgun... wink

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Tag this thread..

IC B3

D
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by BeanMan

“Using the JR mukluk over any insulated boot will keep your feet warm for hours, if otherwise proporly dressed, at a temperature of -70 degrees F and colder.”

-70 F Yeah right. Jerry is such a liar

Yeah, I've been wondering about that...

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
398 members (280shooter, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 1_deuce, 51 invisible), 2,350 guests, and 1,141 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,723
Posts18,400,590
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.