Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Thanks, I own a bunch of Meopros. I could see owning an Optika 5 without the blue ring and a better power ring. I'd like to see different adjustment caps too but that seems to be the look other companies are going for as well.

GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by TxHunter80
Thanks, I own a bunch of Meopros. I could see owning an Optika 5 without the blue ring and a better power ring. I'd like to see different adjustment caps too but that seems to be the look other companies are going for as well.

Some Butler Creek caps should take care of the blue ring issue. The power ring is pretty obnoxious though!

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Yup, the blue ring will be covered up with scope caps. Some guys like the power ring because it's so easy to grop and turn, even without the throw lever. Bottom line is, do you like the glass and reticle options? The Optika5 is built for hunters who do not want to spend a lot of $ but still want a reliable and clear optic.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Bump

Would you have Meopta repair a Meo pro under warranty or take a Optika 5 as replacement

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Bob, Get the MeoPro repaired. It is rated as having a better glass. That being said, maybe there is an Optika5 that you like the magnification option better? I have used the Optika5 3-15x44 the past 5 days hunting and it is very nice. Worked great early morning and late evening. I will get a sunshade for it though. 6 of one, half doz of another. If you rate glass to glass, MeoPro wins.

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Huntz
Wow,folks worry more about a scopes looks then performance.The Optima 6 performs way beyond its price range.

Exactly! The same goes for guns. If it is pretty, it is just better. LMAO!

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.
C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Can these be had without the blue ring?

NE Oklahoma
Love all things outside and enjoy cooking.Married with 3 kids
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Coopsdaddy

Probably not....I have one and don't understand the big deal about the blue ring. I bought it because I like the glass, I like it better than my Leupold VX-3i

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Not as big deal but if i had a choice I would pick black.
What if it was pink?Just saying

NE Oklahoma
Love all things outside and enjoy cooking.Married with 3 kids
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Sorry, The ring can't be swapped out. I have seen guys paint and tape over the blue ring, but that is the only way to hide it. Still gotta love that Optika5/6 glass.

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have a Meopro on a 30-06 that looks clear to me very similar to the original Conquests. When others look through it they rate it below vx3i & even the Burris FF2 let alone the newer Zeiss glass.

It reminds me that individual vision makes a huge difference in evaluation of optics. I much prefer the Zeiss glass over Leupold & Nightforce even more expensive scope models but Swarovski looks very good even the older models. My visual bias continues in binoculars Swarovski looks best to me over any I’ve seen and Leupold doesn’t do much for me.

That said all of these are more than capable of filling your freezer and compared to what was a so when I started hunting are light years better. My first scope was a 70’s era Bushnell Banner with Huge white numbers that screamed “I’m fancy look at me” I can’t help but think the garish over the top design is cyclical. The reticle on that scope literally fell apart one day - I don’t think I’ll see that happen with the good scopes of this generation.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

We can send a sharpie with the scope. That would be the only way

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug

We can send a sharpie with the scope. That would be the only way

^^^** Great response, I love it! ^^^^^

The blue ring doesn’t bother me at all!

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I personally don't think they look too bad. I like the power ring. With cold hands and or heavy gloves, it's a great boon.

But, I really don't put a lot of influence on exterior aesthetics, so long as the scope does what it's supposed to as far as making bullets land where they're supposed to.
For gloss and walnut I like a matching scopes, but for more modern rigs, functionality is top of the list.

I've had a lot of positive experiences with Meoptas over the years. I haven't bought an optoka 5 or 6 yet, but the ones I've looked through have been impressive. I'm interested to hear how tough they've been for people.

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
I have the 3-15 44 Optika5 on backorder. I wanted to find out how far from the edge of center of the reticle the thick part starts. Does anyone have the Z-Plex information?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Brad, this is all the info I could come up with on the Optika5 Z-Plex reticle for you. I hope it helps?
Bart

Attached Images
Screen Shot 2022-07-11 at 9.22.29 AM.png (25.75 KB, 233 downloads)
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
If this has already been asked I apologize, but where are the Optika 5 scopes made? I have 4 MeoPros that I love, and would consider an Optika as long as they aren’t coming out of China. Would obviously prefer Europe or US, but Japan would be ok. Thanks!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Alex38
If this has already been asked I apologize, but where are the Optika 5 scopes made? I have 4 MeoPros that I love, and would consider an Optika as long as they aren’t coming out of China. Would obviously prefer Europe or US, but Japan would be ok. Thanks!

Czechoslovakia

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Correct, the Czech Republic

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Originally Posted by Alex38

I have one Chinese scope in the safe. There will never be another.

Result - I have 2 Meoptas and 3 Leupolds, Another Meopta on the way.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

418 members (10Glocks, 160user, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 163bc, 33 invisible), 2,557 guests, and 1,026 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,285
Posts18,467,824
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.