Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
I had one hunting guide tell me his daughter had 2 Jack Russel terriers and that was 12 too many. He hated those dogs but loved his hounds.

GB1

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Several years ago my 8-year old grandson talked his mother into buying him a JRT. Then a new baby came along and the dog had to go live at PawPaws house cause he lives out in the bush.
The dog loved his master so much he tried to run down the highway to get back home and was hit by a car. Paw Paw feels terrible about it.
That’s my story and I’m sticking with it.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I love dogs.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
JRT’s are like crack fueled ninjas of the dog world.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by kkahmann
Several years ago my 8-year old grandson talked his mother into buying him a JRT. Then a new baby came along and the dog had to go live at PawPaws house cause he lives out in the bush.
The dog loved his master so much he tried to run down the highway to get back home and was hit by a car. Paw Paw feels terrible about it.
That’s my story and I’m sticking with it.

Lmfao

IC B2

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
My Honey HalfLab got in trouble again last night, for being good. Well sort of.

My wife put some animated stuffed animal type of Christmas foolery on the end table upstairs. Honey wants it SOOOO bad, but has repeatedly been told no. Night before last she went upstairs, got it, brought it back downstairs where we were watching TV, and laid it on "Mom's" lap with a hopeful look.

Timeout!

Last night she did the same thing, only laid it on my lap.

Timeout!

Choko the Wunder Wiener thought that was unfair to his "sister", grumped, left my wife's lap, and came over to lay on my lap, giving "Mom" a dirty look.

LOAO. These two are so much fun!

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
we wound up with a chihuahua my daughter abandoned at our house, its 12 years old and is fairly calm most of the time, I guess when you reach 60 in dog years you slow down a bit, I know I did.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deflave
I love dogs.
bwaa

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A dog trainer I know claims terrier, is just terriorist, misspelled.
That's what she told us about out half Jack.
Miss that dog.

Have a Boxer now. Great dog, love him.
Wife wants a pup now as he's getting old.

I think she knows that when Dillion (that's him, stole his name) goes,
I'm not going to want a dog again.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Cousin has two jacks. Both males and about 4

They need super duper amounts of exercise, lots of training and attention

They get a bad rap because they are owned by the wrong people mostly. Kids and old fat ladies don’t need a jack or parsons. Or any terrier for that matter I surmise

His can retrieve doves, squirrel hunt, blood trail deer, shed hunt, and flush rabbits like it’s all they were born to do They can also run around the house like flash and torment you if not exercised

They are impressive little turds honestly.

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by 12344mag
If Chihuahua's were the size of a doberman human civilization would cease to exist.
Having just gotten our first chihuahua recently {long haired variety} I found this quite amusing. He is a little ball of fire and fury, that's for sure !

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kevinJ
Cousin has two jacks. Both males and about 4

They need super duper amounts of exercise, lots of training and attention

They get a bad rap because they are owned by the wrong people mostly. Kids and old fat ladies don’t need a jack or parsons. Or any terrier for that matter I surmise

His can retrieve doves, squirrel hunt, blood trail deer, shed hunt, and flush rabbits like it’s all they were born to do They can also run around the house like flash and torment you if not exercised

They are impressive little turds honestly.

Yup. Love me some JRT, but out of all the dogs I've been around, they are the most manipulative.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
X
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
X
If you have the sand to stand toe to toe with one of the little terrorists they will be the most loving and smart dogs you will ever be around!!! My long haired JRT named Max had enough grit in him to kill a badger that messed up and came in when I was calling coyotes. That little monster was the toughest mutt that I have ever been around and I have seen them all. He was simply afraid of nothing and no animal dominated him ever.
Man I wish he was still around:(

How can I tell you bye if you wont leave?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Blackheart
If Chihuahua's were the size of a doberman human civilization would cease to exist.
Having just gotten our first chihuahua recently {long haired variety} I found this quite amusing. He is a little ball of fire and fury, that's for sure !

I have been surprised by Blondie, the 15 lb chihuahua/pug mix I adopted a couple of months back, the one that had been surviving for maybe three weeks while still returning to and waiting at the spot where she and Cleburne (25lb schnauzer-looking mutt) were probly dumped.

That little pug mutt is fearless in the woods and will chase anything that runs up to and including feral pigs. Only downside is I figure she’s likely to run into a coyote one day.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by Blackheart

I have been surprised by Blondie, the 15 lb chihuahua/pug mix I adopted a couple of months back, the one that had been surviving for maybe three weeks while still returning to and waiting at the spot where she and Cleburne (25lb schnauzer-looking mutt) were probly dumped.

That little pug mutt is fearless in the woods and will chase anything that runs up to and including feral pigs. Only downside is I figure she’s likely to run into a coyote one day.
Our little Bandit is the same. He just took off after the neighbors big orange tiger cat tonight. Cat is twice his size but he has no fear. Man he's fast too, damn near caught that cat ! I have to hold him back to keep him from opening a can of whoopass on my dads neighbors pit bull every time I take him down to visit. He has no clue how little he is.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by xtriangle
If you have the sand to stand toe to toe with one of the little terrorists they will be the most loving and smart dogs you will ever be around!!! My long haired JRT named Max had enough grit in him to kill a badger that messed up and came in when I was calling coyotes. That little monster was the toughest mutt that I have ever been around and I have seen them all. He was simply afraid of nothing and no animal dominated him ever.
Man I wish he was still around:(

I understand. That brings tears to my eyes.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
We're on our 4th boxer. The 3 males have all been obedient, lovable and playful. The one female, Zoe, was the smartest we've had, in an evil genius sort of way. She reasoned and schemed and always had an angle. She wasn't submissive to anyone or anything and had a GFY for anyone that tried to command her. She would only listen to me and our oldest daughter unless there was a treat involved, then suddenly she was incredibly obedient until she got the treat. She wasn't a great fighter but held her own, never backing down, win, lose or draw. She'd mount other dogs and even a few of my hunting buddies, just to make sure they knew who was alpha. She loved kids and won over the hearts of everyone that met her, as long as they didn't try to boss her around. I'd have her sit to meet new people and while sitting she'd scoot towards them, looking at me as if to say "I'm sitting, just like you said".

She finally succumbed to paralysis in her hind legs and I put her down last year. I'll always miss her indomitable spirit.

What would Porter Rockwell do?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
After an inherited Sheltie (from mom), two Collies, boy and girl from a rescue had all passed, I decided we needed another Collie around and picked up Brody from a rescue in middle VA a little over a year ago. The other Collies were the best dogs we've ever had, and they stand their silent watch from the bookshelf now, side by side in death, as they were in life.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Well, now we have the bastard child (child? he's pushing four years old!) and he's a demon. Plays too rough, barks at every squirrel, cat, kid on a bicycle (it's the bike, not the kid), even the dozens of turkey vultures that inhabit this town are a target of his rage as they trespass into his private "no-fly zone" airspace above our house block. Nailed my neighbors cat (who decided to apparently commit suicide by hopping over our fence and settling down for a nap in HIS yard) Well, HE was let out to do his biz, but discovered Mr Kitteh and it was oh so ON, he literally flipped that poor SOB into the air and caught him in a different grip for... better crunchiness? I don't know, I think he sorta let the cat think he was about to escape, then deftly snagged him off of the fence, near the top, as though to say "where ya going, pal, let's "play" some more! Well, I managed to get the cat, and get it out of Brody's clutches. We haven't seen that, nor any other cats in our (his) back yard since, which is actually fine by me.
What's NOT so fine; he tried to bite me for real when I went to move him a little to make room for me to sit with him (we rough house a lot, that's different, and we BOTH know it), once I let go of his throat and he caught his breath, and decided his nose wasn't broken, he spent the rest of the day trying to apologize to me.
yes, I know, every last one of you would have killed him on the spot, but I didn't and I am not likely to rethink that anytime soon, or ever... He's a knucklehead, and just needs to relearn his boundaries from time to time, apparently.

Way down in there, is a good dog, I just need to get through to him,
He even looks evil, look in his eyes...
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

75 members (808outdoors, ATC, Bclark, 10gaugemag, 11 invisible), 1,528 guests, and 730 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,672
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.