Hop To
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Originally Posted by JoeBob
And the question remains the same; Will any court take on a decision that nullifies the elections on those states?

What are the odds??????????????????????? 30/70?

$64 million dollar Q.

MM

Well, they are on notice. The reason this case is very significant is because it sets the stage for articles of secession or a list of grievances. Texas is telling the court that they don’t think that the election is legitimate and it is giving the court an out to set aside the popular election on very narrow constitutional grounds. If the court refuses to set it aside, then it is essentially asking Texas and all these other states to abide by an election they do not think is legitimate.

So, what is the incentive for Texas or any other state to remain in a union where illegitimate elections become the norm?

This suit fights fire with fire. The court may not want to be seen as deciding an election. On the other hand, if it refuses to do anything, it is lighting the fuse of secession.

The middle ground and easy way out for the court, and the path asked for in the complaint, is to simply let the legislatures decide this one. It’s constitutional and the court doesn’t even have to decide if fraud occurred. It can simply agree with Texas and argue that the laws weren’t followed. Constitutional crises averted for now.

Agreed on all accounts; I guess we'll know soon enough.

If the SCOTUS agrees & the state legislatures provide electors that eventually confirm DJT, things are going to get real interesting, real fast, & maybe get the direction of the country settled, at least for a while, as I don't think a repeat of last summer's festivities is going to be allowed to go on unabated.

MM

**** Indeed.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Would be nice if a lot of other states jump in and file the same lawsuit. Force the SCOTUS to do something about this sham election...

rte Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Unfortunately,even the states with Repub governors have been bribed by the ChiComs.

I hope all of these cretin repub govs,especially Kemp,burn in hell.

Communist Goals

26. Present homosexuality and degeneracy as normal.
27. Discredit the Bible.
28. Eliminate prayer in the schools.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1561529/posts
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

But I sure don't think that the judiciary of any sort will not put partisanship away long enough to rule in favor of the constitution.

That's my fear................but if it goes directly to SCOTUS & they agree to even hear it, we con only hope that there are 5 people there that have not been bought & have enough integrity to uphold the Constitution.

But it is surely not a slam dunk, by any means, although it really should be.

MM

Gotta figure Roberts has been in the fetal position since the minute papers were filed.

FJB & FJT
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
The current suit is just asking for a restrain from those states for counting. Those states would be thrown out until the case could be heard. If they rule that way, there is no way wrinkly balls could currently have enough votes to get him in. The inauguration would be delayed.

At whatever point it would go to trial with evidence presented. If evidence is shown, then the court would uphold their ruling that those states would be tossed, and it would go to the legislature, as provided by the constitution.

The sticky point would be if the court now rules to hold the count on those states, but later does not see enough evidence to uphold that.

But, with at least 5 judges thinking with their head removed from their ass, is should be pretty clear cut.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sen Ted Cruz yesterday, volunteered to argue the case before the Supremes

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KenMi
The current suit is just asking for a restrain from those states for counting. Those states would be thrown out until the case could be heard. If they rule that way, there is no way wrinkly balls could currently have enough votes to get him in. The inauguration would be delayed.

At whatever point it would go to trial with evidence presented. If evidence is shown, then the court would uphold their ruling that those states would be tossed, and it would go to the legislature, as provided by the constitution.

The sticky point would be if the court now rules to hold the count on those states, but later does not see enough evidence to uphold that.

But, with at least 5 judges thinking with their head removed from their ass, is should be pretty clear cut.

I believe you have presented an accurate and sound synopsis of the current situation.

+1

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Ramdiesel
Would be nice if a lot of other states jump in and file the same lawsuit. Force the SCOTUS to do something about this sham election...

Had the exact same thought here. Glad Texas is moving forward but it would be fantastic if we saw this from 30 other states.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A lot of china money means a lot of arrests coming.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I believe any state can join Texas in this single lawsuit. Sounds logical.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Looks like we're all Texans now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One of my fave things about Texans, they don’t shy away from a fight.

God bless Texas !

And may God bless the USA

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L

But I sure don't think that the judiciary of any sort will not put partisanship away long enough to rule in favor of the constitution.

That's my fear................but if it goes directly to SCOTUS & they agree to even hear it, we con only hope that there are 5 people there that have not been bought & have enough integrity to uphold the Constitution.

But it is surely not a slam dunk, by any means, although it really should be.

MM

Ageed, but as I read it, there is no "if" it goes to SCOTUS. It is a direct pipeline to settle disputes between states, no middle level activist or chickenshit judges. It is there, no BSing around.

Now, it will be telling whether SCOTUS accepts or denies taking the case.

At least 28 other states should join in .... we could all be Texans!

Texas would no longer be the second largest state. (Sorry, I couldn't resist). smile

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Teeder

K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K

You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas.

Davy Crockett

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

God Bless Texas.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." **Benjamin Franklin**
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by JoeBob

The biggest fear that the Court has is if someone has another Andy Jackson moment and tells them to stuff it. That’s how the Court loses its power. This case by Texas now forces them to make a choice BUT it gives them a narrow constitutional path to claim that they aren’t making that choice, just merely calling back on the procedures outline by the Constitution for matters like this.

When you boil it down, the actions that flipped this election WERE unconstitutional.

They didn't go to all the time, trouble and expense to steal the election, only to have success ripped from their grasp...

They have all the bases covered.

Except the Executive Branch. whistle

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by Morewood
Originally Posted by Teeder

That one on the far right needs a do-over smile

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Hasn’t Steve Abbott talked about convening a constitutional convention of states in the past?
Could this be the next step? Surly enough states are feeling disenfranchised enough to want to see force put on the federal government.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rush is presenting the 2001 Supreme Court ruling that one Florida County violated the equal protection clause of election law, by treating ballots differently than all other counties. He says this gives the Supreme Court precedent to rule in favor of the Texas lawsuit.

With a SCOTUS favorable ruling, State Legislatures would pick electors

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

629 members (10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 1Akshooter, 007FJ, 1936M71, 61 invisible), 2,377 guests, and 1,157 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,255
Posts18,467,016
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.