Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by IZH27
Hasn’t Steve Abbott talked about convening a constitutional convention of states in the past?
Could this be the next step? Surly enough states are feeling disenfranchised enough to want to see force put on the federal government.

Dunno about Steve, but I think Greg has. 😉

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Rush is all over this issue!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." **Benjamin Franklin**
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've heard the argument presented that having the U.S. Supreme Court nullify/overturn/etc. a state's election is tantamount to disenfranchising millions of votes. Really? Well, I submit that failing to require the states to conduct their elections in the manner as proscribed and required by the U.S. Constitution is also tantamount to disenfranchising millions of votes and, specifically in this case, is significantly more nefarious.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I think it may be hard for SCOTUS to pass on this as it involves states suing other states. No telling what will happen, but this may be Trump's best shot at getting election fraud corrected.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Every red state in the nation should join this lawsuit. This fraudulent election has disenfranchised not just Texans, but 74+million people across this country.

IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by Ramdiesel
Would be nice if a lot of other states jump in and file the same lawsuit. Force the SCOTUS to do something about this sham election...

Had the exact same thought here. Glad Texas is moving forward but it would be fantastic if we saw this from 30 other states.

That would be awesome. I would settle for 5 other states at this point, if Florida and Ohio were part of them. Would be hard to ignore 3 of the biggest states (electoral college wise).

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Fraud cannot be disenfranchised.

Only those who have voted legitimately (includes properly filling out absentee or mail in ballots) can be disenfranchised, so that previous argument is null and void at the outset.

If you voted legitimately and lost, that is not disenfranchisement.

Last edited by las; 12/08/20.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Dont count anyone out. It is early. Americans need to pressure their state leadership to join in the case.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Raeford
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

But I sure don't think that the judiciary of any sort will not put partisanship away long enough to rule in favor of the constitution.

That's my fear................but if it goes directly to SCOTUS & they agree to even hear it, we con only hope that there are 5 people there that have not been bought & have enough integrity to uphold the Constitution.

But it is surely not a slam dunk, by any means, although it really should be.

MM

Gotta figure Roberts has been in the fetal position since the minute papers were filed.

Long before that.

Camp is where you make it.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
“Don’t mess with Illinois!”

-Flavious

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
IC B3

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Remember the Alamo!!

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Just sent e-mails to Indiana's Attorney General and the Governor to please join Texas in the fight. Will probably go nowhere, but got to try.

3825 24336
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Cretch
Just sent e-mails to Indiana's Attorney General and the Governor to please join Texas in the fight. Will probably go nowhere, but got to try.

All Republican states should join in as already stated.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KenMi

But, with at least 5 judges thinking with their head removed from their ass, is should be pretty clear cut.

I don't anything is clear-cut at this point & most seem to be looking for a way to sweep this schitt under the rug instead of fixing it, so there's no "done deal" mentality until it's a done deal.

And then the fallout will have to be dealt with................quickly.

MM

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Originally Posted by KenMi

But, with at least 5 judges thinking with their head removed from their ass, is should be pretty clear cut.

I don't anything is clear-cut at this point & most seem to be looking for a way to sweep this schitt under the rug instead of fixing it, so there's no "done deal" mentality until it's a done deal.

And then the fallout will have to be dealt with................quickly.

MM

Yepp... if this is successful... the war/riots/anarchy that will follow will be absolutely insane.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
It seems to me everyone is afraid of the fall out from the left if they overturn the results. It's about time they start worrying about the fall out from the right if they don't!

3825 24336
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The crop of originalist Justices we now have on the court will do their duty and rule in favor of Texas, and fix the attempted steal by sending it back to the four state's legislature to choose their own electors. The state governors, secretaries of state and the state supreme court will have zero influence over the legislature. Our founding fathers were very astute students of attempted tyranny from the English King, and they specifically gave absolute power to the state legislatures for situations just like this.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Gutsy move by the Texas AG Ken Paxton. This amounts to an end run around all of the stupid, cowardly lesser court decisions of late. Go right to the top .I surely hope the SC takes this up... and soon!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Here's your chance boys. Contact your rep's and tell them you want in.

Or burn them down.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Louisiana just joined with Texas in this law suit. Need more. I bet DeSantis will bring Florida on board.

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

359 members (160user, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 32 invisible), 1,580 guests, and 993 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,225
Posts18,447,665
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.