Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I have had a Milwaukee jacket for a few years. Mostly it hangs in the closet. Batteries dont last long enough. Maybe they have improved since I got mine. I wouldn't waste money on one again. It is 21 degrees this morning the heated jacket will stay in the closet. Wool, down and synthetic materials are on duty today!

BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Has anyone ever washed their milwaukee jacket?

Abd if you did, did you dare toss in a drier or just drip-dry?

Mine has the smoke of a thousand Pall Malls in it 😃

D
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
Gerbing Gyde

[Linked Image from s.yimg.com]

I've had this vest for 4 years. I have two batteries for it. Settings are 100*, 110*, 120* 130*. I generally run it on 110* or 120* in a deer stand, and have not had an issue with batteries running out. 3 hours of heat on the higher range, 8 hrs on the low setting per battery, very quick charge time also.

I wear it next to my base layer and then add either a wool shirt or jacket over that. It makes walking in much better too without all of the bulk and working up a sweat. Turn it on high to start and when you feel the heat, cut it back to level 2 or 3

I did have a strange sit with it once where I had a heavy flannel shirt over it. Wind picked up and my arms got cold, really cold, but my body stayed very comfortable. With a jacket that cuts the wind it doesn't matter what the weather throws at you.

Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by ringworm
Originally Posted by slumlord
I got the milwaukee 9.something jacket.

Mehhh

It would probably roast anyone else, but its so-so for me sitting idle in a deer stand.

Got one for Christmas one year. Battery is I'll placed for sitting and on high runs out in 2+ hours leaving you with a non isulated garment.

Brand, please.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ironbender

Mehhh

It would probably roast anyone else, but its so-so for me sitting idle in a deer stand.

Got one for Christmas one year. Battery is I'll placed for sitting and on high runs out in 2+ hours leaving you with a non isulated garment.

Brand, please.

Milwaukee

Ya know the little red drills and chit?

IC B2

Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by davet
Gerbing Gyde

I've had this vest for 4 years. I have two batteries for it. Settings are 100*, 110*, 120* 130*. I generally run it on 110* or 120* in a deer stand, and have not had an issue with batteries running out. 3 hours of heat on the higher range, 8 hrs on the low setting per battery, very quick charge time also.

I wear it next to my base layer and then add either a wool shirt or jacket over that. It makes walking in much better too without all of the bulk and working up a sweat. Turn it on high to start and when you feel the heat, cut it back to level 2 or 3

I did have a strange sit with it once where I had a heavy flannel shirt over it. Wind picked up and my arms got cold, really cold, but my body stayed very comfortable. With a jacket that cuts the wind it doesn't matter what the weather throws at you.

Thanks.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle

Mehhh

Brand, please.

Milwaukee

Ya know the little red drills and chit?

Was referring to ring’s vest. But, thanks.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
He quoted me and seemed to be talking about the exact downfalls of the same jacket. I guess I’m wrong. If not, i doubt anyone will say otherwise.

Here is a pic of that batt location. Backside left kidney.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
And in campfire style.

I cant let this opportunity to post a completely staged pic with absolutely unrelated items in the pic go

Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Very sorry for the confusion.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
IC B3

Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
I found out I can’t get these garments shipped from some retailers because they are hazardous.
I went direct to the website of a highly rated vest and have ordered this one:

https://www.ororowear.com/products/women-heated-vest-black

Plus they offered 30% .mil discount which paid the shipping.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
I found out I can’t get these garments shipped from some retailers because they are hazardous.
I went direct to the website of a highly rated vest and have ordered this one:

https://www.ororowear.com/products/women-heated-vest-black

Plus they offered 30% .mil discount which paid the shipping.

Looks like a nice vest. Let us know how she likes it and how it works. Might be a good gift for my GF for golfing in colder weather.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
I just buy a case of Hot Hands body warmers before hunting season. Stick one on the front of my fleece jacket and another between the shoulder blades, put my mackinaw over top and I'm golden in the coldest weather. They work really well.

A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by davet
Gerbing Gyde

I bought one of these for deer season this year and have been happy with it. The heated collar is especially nice. Pretty amazing that it can heat as long as it does with one small battery.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
And in campfire style.

I cant let this opportunity to post a completely staged pic with absolutely unrelated items in the pic go

Ever Calm??? whistle

No honestly, do it work?

On Mulies or blacktail. We don't have any of them whitetail rats around here.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
701 members (160user, 12344mag, 21, 12308300, 17CalFan, 16Racing, 68 invisible), 2,719 guests, and 1,283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,621
Posts18,398,580
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.