Hop To
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by passport
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

50% of this sample size came apart and had to be screwed back together again and what does BCA get from that? Compliments on their customer service.

Priceless!! I think like Blue

Blue also like to inform people who will listen about how the Vortex Strike Eagles don't hold up during the rough handling of a 3 gun competition. Sometime after that I looked at some reviews on them, and the first 5 star review told how fast Vortex replaced a scope when it failed during a competition. crazy

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
ARIC

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by UNCCGrad
If anyone finds a Toolcraft of similar quality BCG in nitride or NiB uner $150, send me a PM. Hard to find much out there right now.

For $150 I’d get this in phosphate. They said they’ll have parts available again soon.

http://sionicsweaponsystems.com/store2015/27-bolt-carrier-group-components

Last edited by Bluedreaux; 01/05/21.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

50% of this sample size came apart and had to be screwed back together again and what does BCA get from that? Compliments on their customer service.

Priceless!! I think like Blue

Blue also like to inform people who will listen about how the Vortex Strike Eagles don't hold up during the rough handling of a 3 gun competition. Sometime after that I looked at some reviews on them, and the first 5 star review told how fast Vortex replaced a scope when it failed during a competition. crazy

Pay attention to what people say about Vortex. Every conversation and thread ends up talking about their warranty. Wonder why.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You can learn a lot from the 3 gun crowd

It�s a magazine not a clip......

Advice is seldom welcome, and those who need it the most, like it the least.�
- Lord Chesterfield. 1750
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Like I posted earlier, so many of the younger crowd expects products to break. They don't take it as a bad thing. That's just the way they've grown up.

IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
The writing on the wall: BUY NOW.

More 5.56 barrel recommendations?

16" chrome lined or maybe 16-20" accuracy.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 01/06/21.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

MTNBoomer,

I have one of those, but it's 18" and rifle gas. They are heavier then you would expect, but shoot great. I've had no issues with mine. For my SHTF rifle, I went with their 16" midlength gas in the Government profile.

They also make a 18" ultralight profile as well. I've built one of those in rifle gas. Another shooter. Unfortinately they don't make the ultralight in 16".

If I was building today, and had my choice of parts, this is where I'd look:

https://criterionbarrels.com/products/ar-15/ar-15-core-series-mid-length-gas/?v=00dc5da36527

But those are on backorder, with a 2-4 month wait time.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Thanks!

--- Kid Rock 2022

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Good thing you could sell off your Bear creek stuff....that test bed 300 I had just went back for the 2nd time over the same issue, because their service folks were too dense to comprehend that a chamber issue requires something besides cleaning the chamber. As I didn’t trust their 300 barrels, they want to issue a ‘store credit’, which means I’ll likely get hosed....at least in today’s market. I wasn’t gonna sell it to someone else, even a replacement....since I knew going in I was flipping a coin.

IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
No comment.

Toolcraft BCG on the brown truck for tomorrow...

Still need a barrel and upper. Hmmm.

--- Kid Rock 2022

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
No comment.

I'm seeing a lot of uppers for sale here locally. Ran across some on saturday when I made my rounds. You can find some on gunbroker too. Actually quite a few to chose from. I damn near bought a Colt A2 upper the other day...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
No comment.

I'm seeing a lot of uppers for sale here locally. Ran across some on saturday when I made my rounds. You can find some on gunbroker too. Actually quite a few to chose from. I damn near bought a Colt A2 upper the other day...

Just an upper receiver.

Toolcraft BCG came today. It totally looks like a BCG.

BTW That FN is a gonner. Running out of stuff to liquidate. Might have to start selling all my TAC and small rifle primers.

Just kidding.

--- Kid Rock 2022

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
You can learn a lot from the 3 gun crowd

I learned how to throw a perfectly good rifle into a trash barrel from this crowd.

History repeats itself because it worked. If it didn’t work in the first place, it wouldn’t be history but another lost story of insignificance.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by UNCCGrad
If anyone finds a Toolcraft of similar quality BCG in nitride or NiB uner $150, send me a PM. Hard to find much out there right now.

What do you guys think of this BCG? Specs look fine to me. Appears they make BCG's for FN? They are also in stock, but for how long is anyone's guess. If you guys think it's a good one, you may want to buy one while you can:

Nitride BCG in stock

There's also this one from RTBA. I have a RTBA NIB that I've been using a lot in one of my AR's and it works great. Specs are good:
RTBA Nitride BCG

Its a little cheaper at $129.95 and in stock.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
U
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
U
Either look good to me. I ended up with one from Black Rifle Depot, nitride with all the same specs for $110. Functions fine for what little I shot it to zero my lpvo on my new DS Arms upper.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just remember, it's not just about the specs, it the QA & the adherence to those specs for each & every lot.

I doubt very seriously that many companies can demonstrate data, either statistical or even just raw data, that says that all the products meet all their own spec all the time.

9310 bolts is a great example...............9310 is not mil-spec for a bolt, only Carpenter 158 is.

But, 9310, when done correctly, can be better or at least as good; problem is, not all 9310 is done correctly & it is a very commercialized product done by every Tom, Dick & Harry with a heat treat furnace & it simply does not have the rigidity of control across the industry that comes with C-158 to mil-spec standards.

When 9310 is good, it's good, when it's not, it's not.................note pics posted in the past here of broken bolts that are almost surely the result of incorrect heat treat. Pre-mature fracturing of bolt lugs is another sign,

This doesn't mean that I don't have 9310 bolts...........I have plenty; but they all come from very high caliber suppliers that I feel have very well established supply & QA.

Having said all that, I don't know anything about AO Precision who's making one of the BCG's linked above.

JMHO, YMMV

MM

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

U
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
U
Absolutely agree there. This one was to get me by until some others hopefully come back in stock at reasonable prices. I'll probably hold out for a Toolcraft Nitride or NiB.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sorry, I tried to resize it.

Anyway, I have no interest in arguing about C158 and 9310. But if a truck is advertised as having a diesel engine and when it really has a gas engine saying "but this gas engine is really good" doesn't change the fact that it was misrepresented. And it was misrepresented to a lot of people who really don't know any better.

Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
232 members (257_X_50, 1minute, 300_savage, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 280shooter, 35 invisible), 2,205 guests, and 961 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,641
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.