Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
2 days ago I bought my first drone. (Evo 2 Dual) Ive never flown a drone before and Prior to buying this drone had only watched my Nephew fly a drone a couple years ago. By the time I got most of what I wanted on top of the evo 2 Dual rugged, Ive bought some silent props, a couple more batteries, an Ipad, an AlienTech signal booster due to tree canopy, prop guards and I have modified the rugged case into a backpack. Im at about $12K into this investment. Im studying for the 107 pilots certification (since I will be using this drone in a commercial capacity) and have gotten insurance on the drone itself and im investigating liability insurance with my agent.

The reason for this investment is that I am starting another company under my parent company. This Division will focus on animal carcass recovery (and human search and rescue should the need present itself) As a traveling hunter that bowhunts all over the world. I will travel with this unit but when Im back home I will offer a service to people to locate big game animals they have hit but cant find/recover via conventional tracking by looking for the heat signature of the animal. If too many hours have passed, I will search for the heat signatures of the wolves, coyotes, bear, avian, etc, feasting on the carcass.

As I said, Ive never flown a drown before until today. I took the unit up for the first time today. I made a video of that maiden voyage . I did about a dozen manual take offs and landing and explored the regular and thermal cameras.

I will have many months to perfect the process of flying and filming. I plan to take the drone with me to Africa next fall for a bow hunt.

Legality: since there are many self appointed internet game wardens that dont know the law but will pretend they do (You know who you are)

Many states have prohibitions in place against using a UAS to hunt animals but after hunting has ceased and no weapons are present and people are employing a UAS in a search capacity for a carcass simply by flying over a property, there is no prohibition. The one person in WI that currently offers this service has already supplied me with the email from the WI DNR explaining this. This same person has even had WI DNR wardens accompany him on carcass locations. Should I locate a game animal that is wounded but still alive. I will cease any further drone activity and return the drone to home base. At that point, The client will be on their own to go and get a weapon to dispatch the animal (if its daylight) or let it be until morning .

This does not mean the self appointed internet game wardens here will accept that this is legal. I would expect them to ignore the facts and continue to pretend that this is illegal. (I will laugh)

Here is the very first flight as I learn the controls and play with both camera modes. I will have many months to get proficient flying and filming.

Because the thermal imaging drone and all the required gear like extra batteries, launch/landing pad, site lighting, Ipad, etc are approaching 30 pounds and Because deer and bear and other critter carcass locations (and human search and rescue efforts) will likely take place in very remote areas, I wanted a hands free way to transport all the gear in the very rugged case it came in so I added back pack straps so I can hike it in or carry it via ATV . I like the idea of being hands free or using trekking pole when walking the woods at night while wearing a head lamp. this case is very stout so even if I end up like a turtle on its back all the gear will be safe.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Im eager to do some carcass location (even if its not required and the animal can be found with usual blood tracking methods) just to understand the limitations and of the tool the lag time before a carcass is so cool that is doesnt put off enough heat to detect.

Im sure some might object to this (but then again this is the interweb and people will argue over the color of the sky) I wont care. The only other person in WI offering this service is swamped with requests and every state has a network of tracking dogs to aid in game recovery so clearly there is a need. I intend to travel with this drone to Africa next fall for a bow hunt im doing. I dont get on this site very often as I am usually out of state, bowhunting somewhere so if there are questions, I will only be as responsive as time allows. Many of the bowhunting destinations I enjoy come with the added bonus of little to no cell service.

Ive spoken with a friend that is a Captain with a local police force that said I should not be surprised if I am called upon . He said I should make other local police and sheriff offices aware that this could be of service.

Im in the process of drafting a list of specific questions I will conduct over the phone when a hunter contacts me to enlist my help using the drone for carcass location. When I eventually create a web space for this service such questions will be posted there. This is a living document that is not mature and a work in progress. Please suggest other questions I may ask as it relates to site specific data. I understand I will need to check sectional charts to understand the airspace I may be entering. Also, if you spot any errors in what Ive already written, mention them. Thank you.

Carcass Recovery Questionnaire

***At no time during this recovery effort is any member of the search party allowed to be in possession of a weapon (firearm, archery gear or crossbow) *** (exception for CC holders)

***If during the location process, the animal sought after is determined to be alive, Drone search efforts will immediately be terminated ***

***I cannot and will not fly in the following conditions: Rain, Snow, dense fog, or winds in excess of 15 miles per hour. If any of these conditions develop after the search has begun, the search will be terminated***

Name of person requesting carcass location service: ____________________

Phone Number of same person: __________________________________

County where carcass search will be conducted: ________________________

Nearest municipality (city/town/Village): _______________________________

Nearest intersection of 2 roads:______________

Will the search take place on private land or public land : ________

If public land, it the land county, state or federally controlled: ____

Is the property a military operations area? :____________

Do you anticipate that the animal remained on the property you have permission to search or do you think it may have crossed onto a neighboring
property? :________

If the animal crossed onto another property, do you have express written or verbal permission to enter that property to search? :______________

Does the property where the search will be conducted contain any of the following:

Power transmission lines, Cell or radio towers, Wind turbines? :_______________

Species of animal carcass to be located: _____________________________

Weapon used while hunting (firearm, archery gear or crossbow): ____________

If Firearm, what caliber: ______________

If archery or crossbow, what broadhead was used: _____________ F____ M____

did you get an arrow or bolt pass through or is it assumed, still in the animal: _____

What time and date was the animal hit: __________________

How far (in yards) have you already tracked the animal: ________________

How far (yards) from last tracking sign can a 4 x 4 truck be brought in:__________

Is the start point for the search accessible by 4 wheel drive truck:__________

If not accessible by truck, is the area accessible by ATV:_________________

Using the image below, give the number and letter intersection of the assumed impact: _____

Edit. Playing around more today.

And if Wisconsin ever gets pythons, I have another search to conduct.

Now, I fully expect an array of very ignorant comments to follow. I can even predict who the ignorant comments will come from (yes you have been patterned and it was very easy.) wink If Ive learned one thing in my time here its that the level of ignorance from many here is on a scale that could best be described as epic. There are many that dont have a clue as to what they are talking about yet they talk and talk. Its actually pretty entertaining. This topic will bring out those folks in short order. It will be funny. This thread will grow like wild fire (Like all my threads)

FYI, I did not purchase this drone to turn a profit. Truth be told, my accountant said I needed to spend some money to offset the fantastic year we had so I started a couple ventures under my parent company so I could have some capital expenditures in 2020. I am a traveling bowhunter and will use this device should the need arise but since I will have it, I will create an entity that provides this service. There is a real need for tracking dogs and this is the next evolution in game recovery so this enterprise was born. It need not be profitable. FAct is, I could stand to actually finally write off a loss for a change.

There are a lot of ways I can convert a FLIR Boson capable drone into a profit center on a year round basis as opposed to finding game animals 4 months of the year. I happen to hunt someplace in the world nearly year round and I do bowhunting product testing for companies so for my business I will have a lot of opportunity to use this but to the many dullards here that are simple workers/functionaries, they wont be able to comprehend this either. This will upset them so they will lash out and showcase their ignorance. (I will laugh) get ready to be entertained by some of the dumbest schidt you will ever read from these guys. They will pout and whine and piss and moan and manufacture stuff that is false but makes them feel good. Its will be funny. Jealousy does not wear well on them.

Last edited by sharp_things; 12/14/20.

Member Wisconsin Bowhunters Assc, Wisconsin Traditional archers, Pope and Young, Asbhy 100,
GB1

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Sharp things: Good for you on offering to help the local law enforcement types.
I am NOT sure where you live but in the greatest state of them all (Montana) "retrieving Big Game" is part of "Hunting Big Game".
Electronic devices of some sorts (cell phones, walkie talkies etc) are NOT legal to be used to aid in Hunting Big Game.
If I were you (and I am not!) I would make double sure that your contention is legal regarding searching for Big Game (that you THINK may be dead!)!
Best of luck to you and with the drone, I watched the whole video - you did a good job of flying it (I am guessing at that) and filming.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Idaho regs are clear on HUNTING game with drones but they say nothing at all on recovering one. What they say is that if you locate game with one, you can't hunt it until the next day.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
That is a huge investment ... hope it works out the way you’re thinking.

I personally am not a fan of drones ... especially flying over my property. About as annoying as my nosey neighbor who constantly flies his plane over my place! I’ve been told that you need permission to be under 500ft but don’t know if there’s any truth to it? I think you’re going to have a hard time with some folks so prepare yourself for confrontation and please realize not everyone has to approve just because you do.

==================================================

I'm a proud member of the BGE cult ... yes, I consider myself an EGGHEAD
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Idaho regs are clear on HUNTING game with drones but they say nothing at all on recovering one. What they say is that if you locate game with one, you can't hunt it until the next day.

Does Idaho allow broadcasting cracked corn using a drone, as long as you wait a day to hunt over it?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Sounds like the dumbest investment, let alone business idea of all time...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by GregW

By the time you fill out the questionnaire, the animal will be coyote sh*t.

Not to mention these two gems:

1) "At no time during this recovery effort is any member of the search party allowed to be in possession of a weapon (firearm, archery gear or crossbow)"

and

2) "*If during the location process, the animal sought after is determined to be alive, Drone search efforts will immediately be terminated * .......at which time I'll bend over and you can kick me in the ass for making you leave your weapon in camp, and then I'll call the game warden and turn myself in for using a drone to locate a live animal." LOL, you can't make this schidt up.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
It better be alive, doesn't he find it with thermals? You know how fast that heat signature is going away after a critter is dead when it's cold?

Lmao. I love his posts.

- Greg

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by smokepole

By the time you fill put the questionnaire, the animal will be coyote sh*t.

1) "At no time during this recovery effort is any member of the search party allowed to be in possession of a weapon (firearm, archery gear or crossbow)"

and

2) "*If during the location process, the animal sought after is determined to be alive, Drone search efforts will immediately be terminated * .......at which time I'll bend over and you can kick me in the ass for making you leave your weapon in camp, and then I'll call the game warden and turn myself in for using a drone to locate a live animal." LOL, you can't make this schidt up.

So the 2nd Amendment is out the window?

This guy may indeed laugh in the faces of game wardens, but that doesn't mean they won't confiscate his property and cite him if they feel like it....

Last edited by HuntnShoot; 12/14/20.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
You know how fast that heat signature is going away after a critter is dead when it's cold?

I'm not sure exactly, except to say that if you don't spend at least that much time trying to find the animal before you "call in the drones" then you don't have a hair on your ass.

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
You know how fast that heat signature is going away after a critter is dead when it's cold?

I'm not sure exactly, except to say that if you don't spend at least that much time trying to find the animal before you "call in the drones" then you don't have a hair on your ass.

I'd also love to see him find a deer in an area of high deer densities and/or bedded. Epic. In some states it's likely be harassment of wildlife.

I'd pay to watch...

- Greg

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
It better be alive, doesn't he find it with thermals? You know how fast that heat signature is going away after a critter is dead when it's cold?

Lmao. I love his posts.

Sorry to post this cause I don't like the dude.

But animals retain heat a long time, hours, after death. We use and have used thermals to find them.

I MUCH prefer our dog. But thermals can work and hours later too.

That said lots of things block thermal from working too.

Down south I was amazed, that cactus flat block it. But after thinking, they are full of water that heats up during the day, it takes a long time to cool. Not even sure if cooled thermal could see through it.

Like I said not really relevant but there it is. Its how I find wounded hogs here at night to finish them off cause I ain't risking the dog on a live pig.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by rost495

Lmao. I love his posts.

Sorry to post this cause I don't like the dude.

But animals retain heat a long time, hours, after death. We use and have used thermals to find them.

I MUCH prefer our dog. But thermals can work and hours later too.

That said lots of things block thermal from working too.

I understand all of it. So, bad hit. Leave for a few hours as an archer should to let animal expire or until next morning now knowing it's a bad hit. Can't find it after this period or bump it. They realize they need help. What if they actually missed?

They call Captain Jowels the next day at lunch after not finding anything, at the earliest. Money exchanged, his stupid paperwork etc. They go look at shot sight, etc. It's been 20 degrees. Animal may not be dead yet or even hit. It's now middle of next night. Best case scenario. Heavily wooded areas likely. Captain Jowels flying his drone around looking for a heat signature in the woods?

This isn't even accounted for dumbass hunter BS which his clientele will likely be as they called him. And can't shoot. Adds up to a chitshow. I've guided clients like Captain Jowels and he fits it to a "T". There are other layers of stupidity involved in this process somewhere I'm sure.

It's a disaster at best but I can't wait to hear about it....

- Greg

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
.... in before jowels gets busted for searching for downed game in some second story bedroom window...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hint: if you have not found the critter you are still "hunting" for it.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

Shhh......grin...

- Greg

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

By the time you fill out the questionnaire, the animal will be coyote sh*t.

and

Be interested in seeing him using the "system" in bear country...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Shhh......grin...

Laughing!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A buddy wounded a bull moose in a ML hunt and when we found it the next day after better than a mile of heavy cover the bull charged us from close range.

Moose injure more people in AK every year than bears...

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I'd wager the outfitter/farmer drops him off at the base of the stand or feed trough with a golf cart and picks him up afterward. There is no way is he doing much walking to track a deer either by the look of it. Find it with the drone right from the Bowhunting Aventure super truck and hire someone to go get it for him by the looks of it.

Attached Images

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Alaska definition of "Take" :

take - taking, pursuing, hunting, fishing, trapping, or in any manner disturbing, capturing, or killing or attempting to take, pursue, hunt, fish, trap, or in any manner capture or kill fish or game.

http://www.eregulations.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/general.pdf page 34, upper right hand corner...

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
You’d have to be a pretty big nerd and retard at the same time to believe a drone is going to work better than a dog.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Its all in the sales pitch and he can string a line of BS a mile long to the naive.

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
😂😂😂😂😂😂 you can’t make this kind of stuff up!

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
All in all, it just seems like it would make more sense to shoot them right in the first place.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by sharp_things

***At no time during this recovery effort is any member of the search party allowed to be in possession of a weapon (firearm, archery gear or crossbow) *** (exception for CC holders)

***If during the location process, the animal sought after is determined to be alive, Drone search efforts will immediately be terminated ***

***I cannot and will not fly in the following conditions: Rain, Snow, dense fog, or winds in excess of 15 miles per hour. If any of these conditions develop after the search has begun, the search will be terminated***[/b]

This is a joke, right? Satire maybe?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by 78CJ

***I cannot and will not fly in the following conditions: Rain, Snow, dense fog, or winds in excess of 15 miles per hour. If any of these conditions develop after the search has begun, the search will be terminated***[/b]

This is a joke, right? Satire maybe?

It's so awesome....

- Greg

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Didn't you read the "brochure?" "If during the location process, the animal sought after is determined to be alive, Drone search efforts will immediately be terminated."

That means, "everything that happened up to that point didn't really happen."

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Didn't you read the "brochure?" "If during the location process, the animal sought after is determined to be alive, Drone search efforts will immediately be terminated."

But can you unbreak a law?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

I can't but ol 'shart can. He can put corn on the ground, shoot a deer, get a citation, pay the citation, and months after the fact, he can unbreak the law by "explaining the circumstances."

A drone strike "takeback" should be a piece of cake compared to that.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Id probably would have spent that $10,000 on that you wasted on that evo 2 thermal drone and updated my carpet and furniture in your house.( based on the background pic) But that's just me.

How's your worldwide successful international bow hunting consulting business doing in the year of covid and with all of the travel restrictions?

2 days ago I bought my first drone. (Evo 2 Dual) Ive never flown a drone before and Prior to buying this drone had only watched my Nephew fly a drone a couple years ago. By the time I got most of what I wanted on top of the evo 2 Dual rugged, Ive bought some silent props, a couple more batteries, an Ipad, an AlienTech signal booster due to tree canopy, prop guards and I have modified the rugged case into a backpack. Im at about $12K into this investment. Im studying for the 107 pilots certification (since I will be using this drone in a commercial capacity) and have gotten insurance on the drone itself and im investigating liability insurance with my agent.

The reason for this investment is that I am starting another company under my parent company. This Division will focus on animal carcass recovery (and human search and rescue should the need present itself) As a traveling hunter that bowhunts all over the world. I will travel with this unit but when Im back home I will offer a service to people to locate big game animals they have hit but cant find/recover via conventional tracking by looking for the heat signature of the animal. If too many hours have passed, I will search for the heat signatures of the wolves, coyotes, bear, avian, etc, feasting on the carcass.

As I said, Ive never flown a drown before until today. I took the unit up for the first time today. I made a video of that maiden voyage . I did about a dozen manual take offs and landing and explored the regular and thermal cameras.

I will have many months to perfect the process of flying and filming. I plan to take the drone with me to Africa next fall for a bow hunt.

Legality: since there are many self appointed internet game wardens that dont know the law but will pretend they do (You know who you are)

Many states have prohibitions in place against using a UAS to hunt animals but after hunting has ceased and no weapons are present and people are employing a UAS in a search capacity for a carcass simply by flying over a property, there is no prohibition. The one person in WI that currently offers this service has already supplied me with the email from the WI DNR explaining this. This same person has even had WI DNR wardens accompany him on carcass locations. Should I locate a game animal that is wounded but still alive. I will cease any further drone activity and return the drone to home base. At that point, The client will be on their own to go and get a weapon to dispatch the animal (if its daylight) or let it be until morning .

This does not mean the self appointed internet game wardens here will accept that this is legal. I would expect them to ignore the facts and continue to pretend that this is illegal. (I will laugh)

Here is the very first flight as I learn the controls and play with both camera modes. I will have many months to get proficient flying and filming.

Because the thermal imaging drone and all the required gear like extra batteries, launch/landing pad, site lighting, Ipad, etc are approaching 30 pounds and Because deer and bear and other critter carcass locations (and human search and rescue efforts) will likely take place in very remote areas, I wanted a hands free way to transport all the gear in the very rugged case it came in so I added back pack straps so I can hike it in or carry it via ATV . I like the idea of being hands free or using trekking pole when walking the woods at night while wearing a head lamp. this case is very stout so even if I end up like a turtle on its back all the gear will be safe.

Im eager to do some carcass location (even if its not required and the animal can be found with usual blood tracking methods) just to understand the limitations and of the tool the lag time before a carcass is so cool that is doesnt put off enough heat to detect.

Im sure some might object to this (but then again this is the interweb and people will argue over the color of the sky) I wont care. The only other person in WI offering this service is swamped with requests and every state has a network of tracking dogs to aid in game recovery so clearly there is a need. I intend to travel with this drone to Africa next fall for a bow hunt im doing. I dont get on this site very often as I am usually out of state, bowhunting somewhere so if there are questions, I will only be as responsive as time allows. Many of the bowhunting destinations I enjoy come with the added bonus of little to no cell service.

Ive spoken with a friend that is a Captain with a local police force that said I should not be surprised if I am called upon . He said I should make other local police and sheriff offices aware that this could be of service.

Im in the process of drafting a list of specific questions I will conduct over the phone when a hunter contacts me to enlist my help using the drone for carcass location. When I eventually create a web space for this service such questions will be posted there. This is a living document that is not mature and a work in progress. Please suggest other questions I may ask as it relates to site specific data. I understand I will need to check sectional charts to understand the airspace I may be entering. Also, if you spot any errors in what Ive already written, mention them. Thank you.

Carcass Recovery Questionnaire

***I cannot and will not fly in the following conditions: Rain, Snow, dense fog, or winds in excess of 15 miles per hour. If any of these conditions develop after the search has begun, the search will be terminated***

Name of person requesting carcass location service: ____________________

Phone Number of same person: __________________________________

County where carcass search will be conducted: ________________________

Nearest municipality (city/town/Village): _______________________________

Nearest intersection of 2 roads:______________

Will the search take place on private land or public land : ________

If public land, it the land county, state or federally controlled: ____

Is the property a military operations area? :____________

Do you anticipate that the animal remained on the property you have permission to search or do you think it may have crossed onto a neighboring
property? :________

If the animal crossed onto another property, do you have express written or verbal permission to enter that property to search? :______________

Does the property where the search will be conducted contain any of the following:

Power transmission lines, Cell or radio towers, Wind turbines? :_______________

Species of animal carcass to be located: _____________________________

Weapon used while hunting (firearm, archery gear or crossbow): ____________

If Firearm, what caliber: ______________

If archery or crossbow, what broadhead was used: _____________ F____ M____

did you get an arrow or bolt pass through or is it assumed, still in the animal: _____

What time and date was the animal hit: __________________

How far (in yards) have you already tracked the animal: ________________

How far (yards) from last tracking sign can a 4 x 4 truck be brought in:__________

Is the start point for the search accessible by 4 wheel drive truck:__________

If not accessible by truck, is the area accessible by ATV:_________________

Using the image below, give the number and letter intersection of the assumed impact: _____

Edit. Playing around more today.

And if Wisconsin ever gets pythons, I have another search to conduct.

Now, I fully expect an array of very ignorant comments to follow. I can even predict who the ignorant comments will come from (yes you have been patterned and it was very easy.) wink If Ive learned one thing in my time here its that the level of ignorance from many here is on a scale that could best be described as epic. There are many that dont have a clue as to what they are talking about yet they talk and talk. Its actually pretty entertaining. This topic will bring out those folks in short order. It will be funny. This thread will grow like wild fire (Like all my threads)

FYI, I did not purchase this drone to turn a profit. Truth be told, my accountant said I needed to spend some money to offset the fantastic year we had so I started a couple ventures under my parent company so I could have some capital expenditures in 2020. I am a traveling bowhunter and will use this device should the need arise but since I will have it, I will create an entity that provides this service. There is a real need for tracking dogs and this is the next evolution in game recovery so this enterprise was born. It need not be profitable. FAct is, I could stand to actually finally write off a loss for a change.

There are a lot of ways I can convert a FLIR Boson capable drone into a profit center on a year round basis as opposed to finding game animals 4 months of the year. I happen to hunt someplace in the world nearly year round and I do bowhunting product testing for companies so for my business I will have a lot of opportunity to use this but to the many dullards here that are simple workers/functionaries, they wont be able to comprehend this either. This will upset them so they will lash out and showcase their ignorance. (I will laugh) get ready to be entertained by some of the dumbest schidt you will ever read from these guys. They will pout and whine and piss and moan and manufacture stuff that is false but makes them feel good. Its will be funny. Jealousy does not wear well on them.

Last edited by ribka; 12/15/20.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I shot an elk late afternoon. I mostly skinned it but on the neck I didn't leave enough space between the meat and hide. It was just above freezing but some of the neck meat was still warm the next morning. Nothing spoiled, luckily.
This year I shot a cow elk about 2pm. I used my UTV winch to get it in the pickup and haul it home whole to skin in a more convenient place. When we skinned it about 8pm, the body heat was steaming in the 25F air.

A big animal will be warm for quite a while.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I've done the same twice, as far as shooting an elk in the evening but not recovering it until morning.

And I still wasn't ready to call some jackwagon with a drone to bail me out, which was my point.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I can't but ol 'shart can. He can put corn on the ground, shoot a deer, get a citation, pay the citation, and months after the fact, he can unbreak the law by "explaining the circumstances."

A drone strike "takeback" should be a piece of cake compared to that.

Maybe he should get with Nugent on the corn thing...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't own one but have seen some footage from drones equipped from infrared cameras and used for research work counting song bird nests in brushy environments. Every little sparrow or mouse lights up like a candle.

1Minute
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by 1minute
Don't own one but have seen some footage from drones equipped from infrared cameras and used for research work counting song bird nests in brushy environments. Every little sparrow or mouse lights up like a candle.

Which was exactly my point.

We all know animals retain heat for a bit of time. Good luck with figuring out what's what after a 12-24 hour period....

A warm neck or ass might look like a raccoon....

- Greg

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Get a little dog.

Save the drone for spying on neighbors.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Get a little dog.

After following hounds all my life and having a deer tracking dog, I can tell you that he isnt in any sort of shape for that. Lol

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by bigwoods
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Get a little dog.

After following hounds all my life and having a deer tracking dog, I can tell you that he isnt in any sort of shape for that. Lol

Probably 15 years ago I called Deer Search to help track a buck I hit with the shotgun. The guy came and we proceeded to take up the track. Not a chance the OP could follow a tracking dog through the stuff where that buck went.......

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I can see that it may be faster than finding/deploying a helo for (human) search, rescue, and recovery work. In some fortunate cases, anyway. where the logistics worked out.

Wonder how the concept would sit with the large Apache reservations here, were trophy bulls can cost a hunter $50K. They are basically under Federal regs, plus any specific regs the tribe may have enacted. The idea seems headed for 'clarification-by-jury', or judge at least. It's fairly common here for a bull to be shot near the border of the res on public land, then make it back over to the res before expiring. Apache wildlife enforcement officers are a) savvy; b) keen on where their property starts; and c) committed. Situation could get spicy.

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Think I saw Craig's mom's bush in the second story window of that blue house.

Sorry. When people have these straining to take a [bleep] Edison moments for using a drone, it makes me think of The Magic Bush episode on South Park.

Good luck explaining your drone usage to a Judge. The hunt ain't over until the signed tag is on the game.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Talus_in_Arizona
I can see that it may be faster than finding/deploying a helo for (human) search, rescue, and recovery work. In some fortunate cases, anyway. where the logistics worked out.

That does seem like an excellent application, no doubt. SAR teams probably are already using them, and I doubt they'd have a need to hire out for the service.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Granted, I don't poach, nor have I ever wanted to hunt cattle (other than when the nearby cattle crap all over my porch), but this is a fascinating business idea.

So let's say I am hunting and think I've shot an elk, but for the life of me I can't locate the animal. That would be a first, as I usually kill on the first shot, but I know that some day I'll miss. I've never hunted in an area that has very good (or any) cell reception, or data coverage, so I would have to stop looking for the animal and head back to civilization where I can look up a service that locates game (leaving aside for the moment the very real fact that if the animal is still alive, you're still hunting it and can't use a dang drone...at the point you locate a live animal using a drone, you probably have to leave the animal where it is and hope that when you return the next day or more, depending on the state, the animal is still there, which is sorta unlikely if it is still alive).

A few hours later, I finally get to civilization, find the ad for this service and then I fill out some retarded questionnaire. Maybe a few hours later, if the business owner isn't out poaching something, I get a response with a quote for the service. I'm assuming that the business owner isn't in the next town over, so the odds are that it's tomorrow before he can get to where I think the animal went down (again, if the animal isn't down, I can't ask someone to use a drone to locate it without becoming a poacher myself).

Further assuming that the local bears, mt lions, wolves, coyotes and other scavengers haven't used nature's drone to locate the animal on their own and tear it up, Airwolf is deployed. The likelihood is that the elk is under cover of trees and the heat signature is rapidly fading.

Even so, we launch and begin the search. Then reality sinks in...the usable range of the drone is a few hundred yards. https://www.tomstechtime.com/post/how-good-is-the-autel-evo-2-drone-really#:~:text=Even%20though%20the%20Evo%202,record%20in%20the%20consumer%20field.

Yeah, I know the manufacturer claims that it will go miles, but the reality is that you can't reliably receive data from the drone beyond a few football fields in distance. As the reviewer notes, "They give a maximum range of about 9km in the US and 5km in Europe. That's big numbers and would be a new record in the consumer field. In reality, though, the connection, especially the video transmission, breaks down way earlier - and with way earlier I mean already roughly after a few hundred meters, in good times after a kilometer."

The only time I can see this thing being feasible is in extremely rough terrain, where people have a hard time getting through. Of course, having seen the business owner, I immediately realize that if the elk is dead in a steep canyon, I'll be on my own for the recovery. Since I neither poach nor waste downed game, I would of course make the effort to retrieve the likely inedible meat, but at least I was able to spend a ton of money to get a drone in....

Last edited by Remsen; 12/17/20.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Talus_in_Arizona

That does seem like an excellent application, no doubt. SAR teams probably are already using them, and I doubt they'd have a need to hire out for the service.

Almost all law enforcement , game departments have drones and many have Thermal devices in addition to aviation and they train often using this equipment.And they'll work in inclement weather conditions unlike the OP.

Last edited by ribka; 12/17/20.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
From another site...

Attached Images
Screenshot_20201218-074010-1-1-1-1.png (165.75 KB, 462 downloads)

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
$12K added to the truck fund would have bought a way nicer ride !

Last edited by mibowhunter; 12/18/20.

TB, CWD and Covid-19 , free so far.....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Amusing. But still not as amusing/comical as this:

I was hunting at 8,000 feet in South East Idaho

I wouldn't bother watching one of this violating, high-fencing d-bag's videos. He's no doubt monetizing so when you click, it's $$$.

WWP53D
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
SKan,

That was a typo, he consumed 8,000 calories at breakfast that day.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Judas Priest, I’ve seen some [bleep], bullshiited alotta bullshiiters, met more lying dummies, know it all’s, but this fuucker is amazing... 😂😂😂

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
This is awesome.....yet again from dull_things.

I believe some states differentiate their definitions of "take" and "recovery", which is why some states allow dogs to track wounded game but not to run unwounded game. That's all beside the point though.

I used to think Jowl boy was serious about his "adventures", but this idea is just too dumb. I am having my doubts about the seriousness of this.
If he is serious, then I am impressed by the lack of intelligence, judgment, and foresight. It is impressive, Ron.

[Linked Image from i.kym-cdn.com]

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
I knew when I created this thread it would be very entertaining for me. The level of dumb here is epic on so many levels so thank you for doing exactly as I commanded you to do in the first post. Again as I predicted, this thread (like my other threads) has grown like wild fire. You are too easy to control. Again, thank you for serving as my jesters for entertainment. bwahahahahahahahaha.

In my time here, its been evident that there are not many serious hunters commenting here and almost no bowhunters (the lack of kills was a dead give away) But the level of dumb as it relates to this subject matter is just plain hilarious. Again, thank you for the level of ignorance you so eagerly demonstrate.

As to the legality of this enterprise. The answer is yes it is. Ive shared a few emails with a Lieutenant with the WI DNR in charge of all things drone. During those exchanges I offered my Flir Boson drone as an asset to them where it's thermal use would be of assistance. He also wished me well in this enterprise and sees the value in increasing the recovery rate for big game. Like WI, I expect other states will also see the obvious separation between hunting and game recovery (they dont share your level of dumb). While the bulk of the usage for this new enterprise will take place in WI, as you know, Im a traveling bowhunter and this unit will go with my if for no other reason than to generate a video catalog that will demonstrate the functionality and capabilities of this technology that heretofore is used almost exclusively by search and rescue and police and fire due to the steep price tag.

I fully understand the poor financial situation many here are in and the lack of any serious hunting you do so of coarse this thread will feel foreign to you for many reasons. Once again its obviously jealousy that motivates you with a side order of ignorance. Either way, you make me smile and laugh at the ease in which I can make you reply as if I wrote the replies for you to post. Again, thank you and you are predictable. This past year has been one of our most profitable. As such I need to spend it or send it to the the tax man so Im kicking off a couple new hunting ventures to spend rather than send. Regardless, I fully expect to take it in the shorts come tax time. That is why Im benefiting the WI bowhunters Assoc, Wisconsin Traditional Archers and the Wisconsin Bowhunting Heritage foundation museum with large lump sums so I can send it to them rather than the tax man. (but thats a story is for another day)

Since nearly every single post you have made was so ripe with ignorance and your own manufactured falsehoods, I wont take the time to address each of them individually, Who has that kind of time? But I will try to elevate the IQ of the group with some videos showing the capabilities of the Flir Boson equipped drone Im using. Unlike you I have many irons in the fire as I start other business ventures that focus on hunting so I cant sit on the interweb all day posting really ignorant stuff as you seem to have time to do.

One new venture Im kicking off in fiscal 2020 to spend some capital before years end is a new broadhead but that is for another time as I wait prototypes. Im also swamped with more and more euro mounts brought to me by successful hunters. (that term may sound odd as it hits your ears) but unlike you there are many successful hunters and they seem to like my Euro mounts because of the quality and rapid turn around time. Here is a recent completion I did for a guy that picked up some dead heads and brought them to me to memorialize. While many here have never (and likely will never) see such a thing in person I thought I would share today's work.

But I digress. Back to Thermal capable drones and your edification. Here is a recent flight I did at a couple hundred feet to get more experience with flying this drone and testing its thermal abilities. You will see animals and people and this will kick off your education on the subject. (you may wish to take notes as this will be on the final exam) FYI, the color pallet I chose to display in, is white equals warm/hot, cold equals black, in between equals grey (see you are learning already.) I will have several months to perfect both flying and testing the thermal capabilities of this drone. This video was created while flying over the Kulas compound in SE WI.

Now you may be starting to understand (some of you still wont but stand by, Im all about lifting the scales from your eyes and trying to erase your epic ignorance while you are kicking and screaming, demanding to remain dumb.)

There is currently one person in WI offering this game recovery service (also working with our states DNR to the point he has invited and been accompanied by wardens during carcass recovery) GASP!!! I thought this was illegal???? hahahahaha. Again, you are learning. (You are welcome)

Here are a few of his recovery videos to help those that are capable of education. The rest of you can lick the screen and drool. Many here wont understand (since you are not really hunters) that on occasion its possible to lose a blood trail to recover an animal and then seeking assistance with said recovery because its clear, most here never kill anything.

Here he uses a cell phone to direct the distraught hunter to his lost animal. The very thankful hunter is very pleased with the results.

In his next video carcass recovery, he encounters bunnies while searching. Then he finds the deer while 200 feet up and from a distance of 250 yards away. And he does it very quickly putting any and every tracking dog to shame. Another very happy and thankful hunter and more coyotes going hungry.

and another

and another.

[video:youtube] https://youtu.be/3ylCgk_Ix_4[/video]

Now, lets talk timing. (since there is a great deal of ignorance here on just how long big game animals retain enough heat to differentiate them from their surroundings. You will want to know that flir boson thermal camera is not necessarily looking for a hot or warm item, its simply looking for contrast of temp variance between items. His longest time to recovery after the animal was hit as been 12 hours and based on the heat signature could have still been found long after that but here is the thing. He has done many carcass locations. His fastest time from launch to location was 2 minutes and his longest has been 12 minutes to find the animal (again, putting any and every tracking dog to shame). On a related note, there are several dog tracking facebook groups. He tried to share his video and experiences within those groups and because his results are so much faster and efficient, they all refuse to post his content. When he asks why, those admins tell him that it would put them out of business. (take notes)

The larger the game animal, the longer the heat signature. MANY MANY hours later, big critters can still be detected. Some here might be able to decode this picture (hint) I can imagine a very happy and grateful hunter. Perhaps show this to a hunter and he can explain it to you.

Over the last few days Ive flown many more times. Today I took it up to 400 feet until I spotted a bald eagle circling my location so I brought the drown down as eagles have no fear or respect for drones and will attack them. I didn't need to challenge my insurance policy this early in the venture so I gave the eagle the right of way. Each time I fly Im more and more impressed with this tool and look forward to recovering big game (even if it can be found by simple blood trailing) because Im looking to build a video and data library of recovery info as is the only other user in WI. When last we spoke he told me he is a casual hunter but not a bowhunter (like most of you here) but if he were to take up bowhuting, he knows which broadhead not to use. Of course I asked which broadhead. His reply was Rage 2 blade as they represented nearly all the recoveries he had been on.

OK, that is enough for now. This was already more info than most here can ever digest in one reading. Despite my now having elevated the intellect of the group. I fully expect the level of dumb to be epic (in fact im counting on it as I find it entertaining.) You know who you are. I can pre-write your replies for you. (you have been patterned). Smokepole will be the first person I will make reply as he is really dumb and easy to manipulate. thank you again for making another of my threads the most read and most commented upon in this forum area. Management and I appreciate all your page hits/views/comments. Now, you continue to showcase your ignorance and entertaining me and when I find the time I will come back and educate you further. We make a good team. I know stuff and you are dumb.

Best afield, your pal
The Adventure Bowhunter
And soon to be 107 certified sUAS pilot

Last edited by sharp_things; 12/21/20.

Member Wisconsin Bowhunters Assc, Wisconsin Traditional archers, Pope and Young, Asbhy 100,
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Do you actually expect people to read all that horsesh*t?

Yeah, you're a "pile it" alright, pile it deeper, shart.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Shart things is a lot like the pile of cr*p he's named after...he thinks that just because people notice the smell of excrement and react to it, they are somehow approving of it.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
A real puppeteer....Lmao. Funny how you claim this to be a [bleep] bowhunting site yet you type all that garbage. Hey look at me....look at me! Too bad Rick doesnt ban you for pimping your business for FREE.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Professional Adventure bowhunter and now "certified pilot". and Still have 40 year old dirty carpet in yer house

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
That fat bastard couldn’t make it to where I hunt and his drones battery would be dead long before it got there. What a fugking idiot this dumbass is.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I knew when I created this thread it would be very entertaining for me. The level of dumb here is epic on so many levels so thank you for doing exactly as I commanded you to do in the first post. Again as I predicted, this thread (like my other threads) has grown like wild fire. You are too easy to control. Again, thank you for serving as my jesters for entertainment. bwahahahahahahahaha.

In my time here, its been evident that there are not many serious hunters commenting here and almost no bowhunters (the lack of kills was a dead give away) But the level of dumb as it relates to this subject matter is just plain hilarious. Again, thank you for the level of ignorance you so eagerly demonstrate.

You can not seriously be this dense, right?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ought to be easy to find "all things drone, WI lt..."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Probably get flamed, but looks pretty handy actually. Especially so in places where every twig impedes passage and jumps out to bite and scratch.

Our outfit (USN aviation) employed the exact same technology back in 1968-70 in Nam with low level high speed night flights picking up on enemy troop/convoy/equipment movements and/or assisting with an occasional down pilot recovery. No one complained of our unfair advantage then. Our planes did not carry arms, but simply kicked out flares with escorting fighter/bombers descending from above to hose the area. It was new and very hush hush at the time, but the imagery was such that a 4th grader could have made the calls.

Sensitivity was such that we could overfly an air field and precisely locate and identify shadows left on the ground by planes or equipment that had left 4 or 5 hours earlier. Warm operating equipment stood out like strobe lights.

I would strongly suggest one thoroughly quiz any state involved on their policies regarding the use of aircraft though and get the responses in writing. Equipment and park/refuge/wilderness areas come to mind. Locally, we can overfly such, but cannot launch or recover from therein.

Coming up with economically feasible fees, might be a challenge given ones limited ability to service a large area/region during short seasons. A common policy among many guides and outfitters is: if one draws blood, the client's season is over even if his target is not recovered. That was a clearly stated policy for me in 2019 when I dropped a wad for my first ever guided elk hunt. Fortunately, that elk only made about 10 yds with a blown heart (Link to last year ). A miss was tolerated with efforts continuing, but blood was not. Another grand might not seem bad for someone that dropped $20K for a reservation outing. I think there are probably quite a few lost puppy people that would spring for a similar effort and search and rescue are readily jumping on the technology.

Also, one would still need to recover expenses even when his efforts are for naught. If the powers that be are fine with the legal aspects, I wish you well.

Precisely the same arguments arise with near every new step in technology. Old timers when I was a kid in the 60's despised and put down the lowliest of scopes. Today range compensating optics, compound/cross bows, rangefinders, training collars, and even white powder inline muzzleloaders take beatings. Resistance to change is fairly common and will likely persist forever.

Last edited by 1minute; 12/23/20.

1Minute
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I suspect the ethically challenged will use "recovery" as a pretext for scouting.

In my opinion, drones have no place in the hunting fields.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
in the last 60 years of hunting i have done the full circle . wish i had all the money i spent on the newest Gucci hunting aid. I started out with a Springfield Trapdoor 45/70 loaded with bp. this year i used a muzzleloader.
guess i went more then full circle. if i get to the place i couldn't track and find my game before and after the shot i will stay out of the woods.
closest thing i carry to high tech is a compass if i am in unfamiliar ground. i bow hunted for 30 years and never once lost a deer/elk/bear or wolf. never needed a drone though i think one would be fun .
just my 2 cents worth.

Last edited by deerstalker; 12/23/20.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OregonCoot
I suspect the ethically challenged will use "recovery" as a pretext for scouting.

The state of WI has already proven the OP to be ethically-challenged. smile

WWP53D
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Going to take a long time to recoup that investment.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Good morning all;
Since this is to no one in particular, I'll wish you all Merry Christmas and all the best in the New Year as a generic yet heart felt salutation.

Out on the coast of BC where our youngest daughter lives, the Search and Rescue folks have used drones a few times to find snow boarders who've gone out of bounds. As I recall from one news item on it, the drones are cheaper than a helicopter and can fly in some weather that it'd be unsafe to send up humans in.

That said, for anyone reading this up here in BC, since 2016 this has been the provincial opinion on drone use for hunting.

"The Province has strengthened regulations to ensure that hunters do not use flying drones to help them track wildlife, Minister of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations Steve Thomson announced today.

The Province amended the Wildlife Act hunting regulation, making it illegal for people to operate or possess a drone, or use data obtained by a drone, while on a hunting or trapping expedition. It is also now illegal for a third party to use a drone to help a hunter or trapper.

Before the change, Section 27 of the Wildlife Act made it illegal to use a helicopter to hunt in British Columbia, although the Province contended that drones were a kind of helicopter. The minimum fine for hunting with a helicopter or drone is $2,500 – although a first conviction could cost a hunter $250,000 and up to two years in jail."

That all said then, even though the good folks in Letterkenny are across the country in Ontario, for us here in BC it would be.

[Linked Image from memegenerator.net]

Again, Merry Christmas to each and every one of you and all the best in 2021.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Well, I just figured out what my 2021 New Years resolution will be:

"Be more like BC30cal."

Merry Christmas, Dwayne!

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
smokepole;
Good morning to you sir, thanks for the kind words in your reply.

I appreciate it and will do my best to deserve them for sure.

We're cold here this morning, but were just watching the veritable herds of California Quail heading over to the next door neighbor's feeding station as well as 2 mulie fawns and a mulie heifer with a really bad limp who hangs out with them.

She's been hopping around on 3 legs since July - it's the right rear that's out of alignment - but so far she's still with us and since there's a couple of us who thin the local coyotes out, if she stays local she just might make spring.

Anyways sir, all that report to say that while the year's been absolutely trying and in fact heartbreaking on a few personal levels, the fact that I'm still on this side of the grass - snow covered as it is this morning - is an indication that I need to be thankful for what I've got.

Thanks very much again, it was kind of you to say so, Merry Christmas to you and yours and the very best in 2021 to you all.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Wow! what a year. And this thread. LOL approaching 5 pages, 71 posts, more than 4,600 views. WOW! You guys are super fans. You rock. Being able you get you to behave as I wish is freaking awesome. Just another thread that is again one of the most visited and commented on in the bowhunting section in 2020. But none of this would be possible without you doing exactly as I wish. Looking forward to more of the same in 2021.

Last night we had a snow storm so after cleaning it up I did a little more drone practice to perfect flying for this new venture and because it was windy at 20 MPH and only 30 F and I wanted to see the drain time on a battery in those conditions. As luck would have it I spotted a deer (they sure are easy to see in the fresh snow) so I switched over to thermal mode. My lovely bride even made it out with me (bum knee and crutch and all)

Despite what you may have been lead to believe, 2020 was truly a great year. It was one of my best. Lots a great animals taken with a bow, Great trips to other states with bow in hand, the bowhunting business had a record breaking year, Ive started some new ventures, and we welcomed a couple new grand babies. If you have been following along this year (and we both know you have) you have seen that 2020 was a fantastic year for this adventure bowhunter.

Sadly, Not-for-profit hunting orgs took it pretty hard this year and could not do their usual, in-person fund raising so they took a revenue loss. Because we had such a stellar year, I opted to spread the joy by leaving tens of thousands of things in the stockings of Pope and Young, The Wisconsin Bowhunters Assoc., Wisconsin Traditional Archers, The Wisconsin Bowhunting Heritage Foundation Museum. A few press releases from them will come out soon, detailing it all. Everybody was a winner this year. The sport of bowhunting has been pretty good to this adventure bowhunter so giving back just seemed right.

The 2020 archery season here in WI still has a lot of time left and while my buck tag is punched with a nice 10 pointer, I still have many suburban antlerless tags I can fill. Im hoping to get some prototype ferules in for the new broadhead I'm designing and if time allows, I hope to take another deer with a homemade broadhead.

I found time to make the first set of blades for project "H".

I know many of you did not have very good year. Your sour and pouty and whining posts and lack of any bowhunting harvest pics made it pretty clear. Here's to wishing you better fortune in 2021. Try to change things up this year. Get away from the keyboard. Get outside for a change, give bowhunting try (or more of a try than you have been) PM with any bowhunting questions you may have. Im here to help you out.

2021 looks to be another great year with more great adventure bowhunts and product testing that you will get to share in (for many here it will be a close to actual bowhunting as you will get)

Wishing you and yours a better 2021

Your pal
The Adventure Bowhunter

P.S. Now this is where I can get you do as I please. (you have been patterned) I can own and control your emotions and make you flip out and make you post jealous and pouty replies at my command. Ready, set............................. go. hahahahahaha (too easy . Even after I tell you that Im able to control you you still willingly comply with my directives). Good sheep.

And remember, I NEVER treat people "good" or "bad". I always treat them "accordingly". You are being treated accordingly. Always remember that.

So here is looking forward to 2021. I will create interesting bowhunting topics. You will flock to them like a moth to a flame. You will get jealous, pouty and whine and complain. You will feel inadequate and you will lash out.. I will kick you in the tiny plums. You will gladly line up to be kicked in the plums by me over and over and over because you cant control yourself. ITS FREAKING AWESOME and you let me do it over and over.! You know this to be true. You cannot deny this simple truth. You guys entertain me. Thank you. grin

Last edited by sharp_things; 12/31/20.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If you represent bowhunting, I have no desire to every try it. If you represent bowhunters then I guess I should think that all of you are arrogant, poaching [bleep]. Don't try and deny it, you got busted. Is this the "legacy" you strive for?

Why would I ever ask you for bowhunting advice? I wouldn't. I'd ask Merritt Compton. Ever heard of him? Probably not, since he is somebody and you are who again? The guy that "invented" the man vagina for fat guys who can't dress correctly for the weather?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Isn 't this the same Clown Show that was testing a GPS tracker on an arrow?

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
The OP needs to change his sig line to Adventure Buffet Hunter. This guy is a joke.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wondered where Safariman had gone to roost .

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Being able you get you to behave as I wish is freaking awesome.

Well OK but I find it strange that you wish for everyone on the forum to keep telling you you're a douche.

To each his own I guess.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Once they are in the air over our happy hunting grounds they will, will, be used for scoutin' and spottin'.
So lets have another side license for the drones, bird shot only of course.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This is the anthesis of hunting. If you need a drone to recover an animal please sell all your gear and take up bowling.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
There are no real bowhunters in here. Real bowhunters use drones.

You Pal,

The Adventure Dronehunter

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Uncle_Alvah
This is the anthesis of hunting. If you need a drone to recover an animal please sell all your gear and take up bowling.

Bowling is much too strenuous. Become an "adventure bowhunter."

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Glanced at the video that said the drone was way faster than a tracking dog.

I've had one for 5 plus years now. Lets just say in the time it took to find the deer in the video our Dog would have been standing over it quite some time as we often have to run with him as I run him only on a check cord. Never free.

Does it work? Yep. I'll give you that.

I'll also say whoever shot that video is a true newbie to FLIR. You dont' waste time looking at bunnies and you have to keep moving and changing angles. If you don't see heat you move. You aren't going to see heat sitting still. I"ve done FLIR for years now.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How would it do on an ass shot bear?

Asking for Urber Claiborne.

Grins

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Beaver10
How would it do on an ass shot bear?

It would be right up there with a big-ass winch and three miles of Kevlar cable.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
WOW! over 7000 views in the sort time this thread has been up. One of the most viewed threads in the bowhunting area in a long time. Thanks to all the loyal followers. Fans are the best.

Ive been focused on a lot of diff bowhunting ventures of late but know you were waiting for an update. ITs your lucky day.

Ive been designing and making lighting options for this drone since no viable lighting option exists at this time. Here are some video you will enjoy explaining how I solved this problem.

This had bowhunting carcass recovery potential as well but currently is being sought after as a search and rescue asset that can partner with the thermal capabilities of my drone.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 16penny, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12344mag, 54 invisible), 2,336 guests, and 1,170 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,243
Posts18,466,901
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.