Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I just read an article in the NRA magazine about Hornady's 6 ARC based pretty much on either the Grendel or PPC. I guess PPC has a 40 degree shoulder although I can't recall, and the Grendel is blown forward from the PPC, right?

But I just have to ask, why chunk back 3 hundredths in the ARC? Is a 6 Gren throated for 103 grainers seated Stoner mag length totally inaccurate or something? Or was this a feeding issue where the ogive curve was behind the case mouth? I really don't think "powder space" was why....

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The 7.62x39 was on the scene first. It led to the 220 Russian. From there the PPC. Alexander moved things around and Grendel'd. The 6.5 necked in a single pass,happily yields 224 Grendel/243 Grendel or whatever you wish to call it,as they are 7.62x39 Improved's,220 Russian Improved's and PPC Improved's. Hint.

No thang in a 243 Grendel to Smooch magfed 108 ELD's,millions of fhuqking miles away from ogives nearing casemouths. Hint.

224 and 243 Grendel here,with ASC magfed Smooches 75 and 108 ELD's. hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

223/75HPBT,224/75 ELD Grendel,6BR/105 A-Max and 270/105 HPBT. Hint

Nother 1000 words. Hint.

Call it whatever you wish.(grin)

22PPC Fhuqking improved outta AICS BR guts,less manipulation,is a NICE way to feed the Turnbolt Fire. Hint.

Have yet to gawk a 6 ARC Factory Round......................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Got the hints,

Burning question, Stick....

Small or large rifle primers in 6 or 6.5 Gren? I've not seen one yet.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I mainly shoot Lapua,which RULES the fhuqking roost,but Starline is sound. Norma is fhuqking Dog Schit,as is Hornady,but all are SRP. Hint.

I fhuqking LOVE the 224 and 243 Grendel,fhuqk the 264. Hint.

Delta 88 and her Sistership are my fhuqking FAVORITES,as the 88 ELD is simply fhuqking amazing. Just a sinister blend of BC,terminal effects and Precision. Hint.

I prefer the 22 PPC Fhuqking Improved in a boltgun,over the 22BR and I have High Zoot examples of both.

22 BR here and it's actually a HAMMER,despite being a Fhuqking Krieger. Hint.

Need to build another 224 Grendel turnbolt Squirt Gun Bitch,for Utility.....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Dig them. Cool rifles BS.

Semper Fi
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Lessee, base is 441 on the case, minus 243 bullet diameter, so that's in the ones. High ones but still ones. Onederful. Hmmm. Nut behind butt is cranked tight enough, I guess.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I liken the 224 and 243 Grendels in Krunchentickers,as Self-Shucking 22 and 6BR's...which is THE highest praise. Hint.

Very easy to see trace/impact with,crushes Critters with authority and a tidy way to launch meaningful BC's,less ANY Fluff. Hint.

Win/win/win...............

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I love being able to watch the trace. Can do it with Fireball and 204 Ruger, sometimes with 223 depending on scope power.

I have been thinking quite a lot about necking a Gren to 22. Or just going PPC. I have a 527 with a 441 bolt face, it's a 6.5 now, my Dad bought it and we never got around to actually shooting the darn thing before he passed. My problem now. But I get your point, I'll think about it a bit more. Maybe Gren cut first, can always set back and redo as PPC profile.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
CZ's are tight on COAL,but 2.300" COAL oughtta be doable on an average. That is shy of Krunchenticker ASC COAL latitude,but it's no thang to throat in accordance. Harrison's .080" freebore,puts an 88 in lands at 2.285",in multiple Krunchenticker chambers and I'd not change a thing. Hint.

Send that POS to The Kali Kid,spin it 7",go no longer than 22" and tell him to build it like mine,but at .080" freebore.(grin) My Turnbolt he built me,is a fhuqking HAMMER! Hint.

If you go Gren/PPC Improved first,you'll lose more shank,if you decide you want to setback to PPC(more body taper/longer neck). You WANT no-turn for Lapooey brass,224 PPC Improved and never look back. Harrison is showing dies in stock and I'd act upon same,if only because I'm using 'em too. I feed all my Krunchentickers and boltgun(multiple reamers),with the same die set. Hint.

One pass in the press,with Lapooey 264 Grendel Virgins. No turn and I don't even trim. Deburr internal on the case mouth after sizing,prime,toss powder and roll. 27.0grs of Lever',with a moly 88 in any/all of 'em. Hint.

You'll schit...................

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Excellent thread!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

IC B3

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
The answer is of course branding (6 ARC vs. 6 Grendel)

But also you should be asking .... of all the new 6mm cartridges which one ?

6 ARC - 2750 FPS
6 GT - 3000 FPS
6 Creed - 3100 FPS

Which one you want to mess with...

Platform wise - only a few of us can make AR’s that shoot close to a Bolt gun so an AR for 400+ meters that match a bolt’s accuracy generally don’t occur in mass qualities.

Brass - all but the GT is offered by Lapua
Bullets - they are all 6mm

So it comes down to platform & how long you want the barrel to last.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
You really don't need to take anything Stinky says seriously.

Take into consideration that all he does is interrupt somebody's thread. He brings absolutely nothing of value with his childish gibberish.

He will take a nice firearm and scope, butcher it with a hacksaw, place it in a creek and take pictures of it. Then he will take pictures of the rust and corrosion and post them and then tell everyone that the gun and scope are junk and the manufacturers are dummies for building such crap.

He has been called out many times to shoot competitive by fellow Alaskans, but will only slither away when he is actually challenged.

Fellow loggers have stated that he is a poacher known to Alaska and that alone is putting him in the scumbucket of society.

His cut and paste insults are so juvenile that like everyone pays little to no attention to the mutt.

He has such an inferiority complex created by trying to work around full-sized loggers that his mind is incapable of rational thinking.

You can get a lot of useful information around this campfire, just do yourself a favor and put this little mutt on ignore.

Now let's sit back and watch the mutt come back with a whole month full of spittle and drool drips.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I see alpha is makin 6br brass now

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Hey Mr. Judman, you get in on the Mossyrock Dinner this weekend?

We helped our neighbor at the Maltby Cafe that is going through the same BS.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
No heard about it. I try to tend to my own knittin. Planning my season next year already

Ain’t easy havin pals.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Know what you mean.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

the Machines used by Alpha & Peterson are from the same maker (same brand) so it’s only how they setup the machines and Do Quality Assurance that matters.

Lapua is still better than them, but not my much... and Hornady ... holy crud have they come a long way, at least on external dimensions anyway.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Pardon wares that exist,while you gals GoogleFu with your Imaginations and Pretend...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

LAUGHING!

Bless your poor poor(lterally) hearts,for doing your best.

Hint.

LAUGHING!...............

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
No google foo potterfield, just emails...

Bless your poor poor”literally “ in the know heart.... hint....

Laughing..........

Ps imatation is the sincerest form of flattery...... grin hint, blah tucking blah 😕

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Roogle it cuunt.... one of your “minions” claimed a 22 creed would trump it, not even close.... hint

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

But I tend to kill shiit, just a smidge bigger than 80 lb deer and otters!! Hola!!!

Hint toldja so, led to water blah fuucking blah!!! 😂😂😂

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
645 members (1234, 257Bob, 06hunter59, 257man, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 70 invisible), 2,913 guests, and 1,333 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,661
Posts18,399,311
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.