Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
That sucks. Economy just took a hit there. Glad I jumped on Kenetreks Black Friday sale instead of waiting for DSC.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
BP-B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Yep, stupidity continues.

Probably best though, azzwipe Biden gonna shut the country down for 3 months about then. So we are all sucking the govt teat big time by the end.

Rope. We need rope.

Guess that frees up another long weekend for me at least.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I always wanted to go to one of those but for me it would be like a very high end strip club.

Buncha stuff I can't afford or even touch - why torture myself?

Me

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I was really looking forward to it this year after a year of suck. My new son-in-law is new to big game hunting and was really excited about it. Both my kids and their spouses as well as my wife were going to make a long weekend of it. Would have been expensive for a couple hotel rooms, eating out, kennel for all our dogs, stuff bought at the show, etc. Some of that money won't find it's way into the economy.

Teal, the cool thing is you can touch, even if you can't afford. Where else can you handle a $100K rifle with no intention of buying?

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I just received an email from them advising the cancellation of my hotel room. Nice of them to handle it.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland

Teal, the cool thing is you can touch, even if you can't afford. Where else can you handle a $100K rifle with no intention of buying?

Got gun blue balls enough at the National Shooting Center in TX. World and US Sporting Clays Championships.

Crazy shotguns at outrageous prices. Meeting the Krieghoffs was cool tho...

Me

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Were the Fausti gals there? Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
THEY JUST put on the NFR in Dallas Fort Worth. So why not this convention?? If masks work should be no problem.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What about SCI? Shot? NASF?

MM

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
SCI, SHOT and sheep show all cancelled. DSC held out until this week.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
IC B3

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by WildWest
THEY JUST put on the NFR in Dallas Fort Worth. So why not this convention?? If masks work should be no problem.

Pretty sure the NFR was in Irvine TX, which is a different county than Dallas. Different county, different rules for large gatherings.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
May not really be mask related.

IMO - usually the day after an event like this ends, planning and work begins on next year's. That's been unable to happen for a long time and there's a ton of uncertainty going on still.

It's less about getting people together in a room and more about a reason to have them there to begin with. What type of quality event can you put on with VERY truncated planning cycle and a likely limited ability for vendors to participate. Does the event you put on hold up to what those who pay money to do so expect from such a thing?

People rent hotels, fly, etc - willing to do that for 5 guys around a card table showing off a Ruger American in 22-250? Not likely to garner a positive response or feeling from those that go.

They may want to "do it right or not at all" more than being worried about masks.

Me

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Dallas is run by democrats, so they made it impossible with their silly-assed "social distancing" bullshit AND they decreed the convention center as the main inoculation point for the bologna virus vaccine...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I agree Jorge. I was looking forward to tipping one back with you. I hope we'll be able to do so in '22.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I think we should be ok by then, unless the democrats shut everything down. This and all the other shows have and will have a HUGE impact on the gun/hunting industry, which is probably in their plans anyway...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
No doubt. I believe they will do everything in their power to make it difficult for sportsmen and women to enjoy the hunting & shooting sports.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Interesting story in yesterday's Wall Street Journal regarding the increased interest in hunting due to the virus.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by Kodiakisland

I believe you mean fondle grin

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

I believe the primary reasons are related to close to zero international exhibitors, and international guests. Hunters are older and need to fly to get there.

Local governments love the revenue but you must have exhibitors and guests.

Last edited by RinB; 12/15/20.

“Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away”.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery. Posted by Brad.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Dallas is run by democrats, so they made it impossible with their silly-assed "social distancing" bullshit AND they decreed the convention center as the main inoculation point for the bologna virus vaccine...

yep

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
158 members (338Rules, 32_20fan, 358WCF, 257_X_50, 1minute, 300_savage, 19 invisible), 2,001 guests, and 947 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,650
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.