Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
F
fburgtx Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
F
Was just browsing Stocky’s website, and noticed there are NO Bell and Carlson stocks on there, anymore. What happened??

BP-B2

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
FWIW, I think Red Hawk Rifles dropped B&C stocks about a year or two ago, as well....

F
fburgtx Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
F
Hmmmm.... Wonder what’s going on??? Is this due to some “quality issue”, I wonder, or just some spat between retailers and manufacturers?? Strange...

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Saw the same thing but B&C web site shows there stocks at Stockys pricing. Like there Tikka LH stocks.

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
With so many good options out there, I can't imagine a scenario where B&C would be my first choice.

IC B2

F
fburgtx Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by liliysdad
With so many good options out there, I can't imagine a scenario where B&C would be my first choice.

Well, how many of those “good options” are less than $300 (like the B&C)??

We can argue that an HS Precision, McMillan, etc, are better quality, but McMillan’s start at $625, and HS’s start at about $400.

I was just wondering why Stocky’s no longer carried them....

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
www.bellandcarlson.com

I like the Weatherby style Medalist for 2nd tier short action Howa 1500s and the discontinued stock that they made for the Interarms Mini-Mauser. B&C's price is the same as Stocky's was charging, $285.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by fburgtx
Hmmmm.... Wonder what’s going on??? Is this due to some “quality issue”, I wonder, or just some spat between retailers and manufacturers?? Strange...

Redhawk actually printed a statement as to why they dropped B&C. They said it was over B&C's poor handling of honoring warranties.

B&C better wakeup if they care. They lost Redhawk, now it seems Stocky's, but that's not known as they may have decided to go dealer direct or something. Plus, for the time being they're not selling to Remington.

Thin ice.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gunzo

Redhawk actually printed a statement as to why they dropped B&C. They said it was over B&C's poor handling of honoring warranties.

B&C better wakeup if they care. They lost Redhawk, now it seems Stocky's, but that's not known as they may have decided to go dealer direct or something. Plus, for the time being they're not selling to Remington.

Thin ice.

Is Remington still actually building firearms?

Given their uncertain future, if I was a vendor I'd only sell to them COD.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
The Remington firearms section has been sold or is pending if I understand correctly. And with the new owners likely hoping to begin production to create some income ASAP.

Now the tricky word; assuming, the newbies will want to produce a lot of the same models & ride on the Remington brand, if there's anything left of the name.

That's the Remington I now see, the future. The "New Remington"? "Remington 2.0"? It's been done many times in the past with other names.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gunzo

Thin ice.

I send an email to B&C and received this reply:

"You sure can buy stocks directly through us either via website or over the phone. If you ever need help finding a stock, we would be more than happy to help you. This includes warranty issues.".

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Glad to see they are still active. I have one & like the feel of it

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

Well, how many of those “good options” are less than $300 (like the B&C)??

We can argue that an HS Precision, McMillan, etc, are better quality, but McMillan’s start at $625, and HS’s start at about $400.

Grayboe, for one....Their Outlander and Terrain, which are their more traditional hunting stocks, can be had for $300-325 if you catch a sale from them or Redhawk, but its only $359 normally. Their stocks are leaps and bounds beyond anything I have ever seen or felt from B&C.

Last edited by liliysdad; 12/17/20.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
If I were a betting man the reason would be B&C made the decision to sell direct to the consumer. It frankly is what most companies are doing. Dealers don’t like it so they move on to other product lines. This is driven by folks expect things in stock and shipped quickly . B&C makes a quality product and I have never encounter a warranty problem.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I’ve ordered the last 2 direct from B&C. They were in stock and shipped very quickly. I think both shipped on the same day or the following day. I’ve ordered probably half a dozen stocks from Stocky’s and have never had one show up as quick as these did.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Just ordered B&C LH one for my Tikka $15 for shipping to Alaska via UPS normal shipping to Alaska via UPS is well over $50!
I have one B&C LH on a LH T3X in 300 WSM nice stock.

Have several older B&C stocks and the new ones are a big improvement over the older ones I have.

Last edited by kk alaska; 12/18/20.

kk alaska

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by goodshot
If I were a betting man the reason would be B&C made the decision to sell direct to the consumer. It frankly is what most companies are doing. Dealers don’t like it so they move on to other product lines. This is driven by folks expect things in stock and shipped quickly . B&C makes a quality product and I have never encounter a warranty problem.

Interesting that nearly every other major stock manufacturer sells direct, yet dealers still carry their items.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
The last B&C I ordered, it was twenty five ish bucks cheaper to order from B&C than Stockys. They said what I ordered was out of stock when I placed the order and I had shipping confirmation in two business days.

Micky

“Lighten up Francis”
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K

Try being LH and look at options B&C always had a lot of LH options

kk alaska

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I've had great luck with B&C. I love McMillan, but twice the price and 10x the wait. With a lot of comp shooters switching to chassis, I wonder if McMillan will eventually feel the pinch.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
651 members (1234, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 222ND, 160user, 71 invisible), 2,954 guests, and 1,388 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,658
Posts18,399,290
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.