Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by T_Inman
I made it 2 seconds one time.

Did you go sky diving and Rocky Mountain climbing and go 2.7 seconds on a bull named Fu Manchu?

GB1

MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I can't tell Y'all what I was doing but I can tell you her name was Rebecca.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by Teal
Scuba Diving - as an activity that's repeatable.
Snow Goose hunting

Many many nights out with friends that aren't easy to recount here.

Yes, SCUBA. And, yes, I always did have my clothes on. I never owned a wetsuit.

M
M16 Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Shooting coyotes, bobcats, and feral hogs out of a helicopter with my m16 on full auto.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
2T-1A N14JV

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Shooting jackrabbits with a longbow.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Guiding fun fisherman, particularly in Costa Rica for big tarpon.
I donate bear hunts to wounded vets, hunting out of my place in northern MN. We have had some very good times.
Sadly I’m running out of Nam guys.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Agreeing with a couple other guys who posted this, shooting prairie dogs. Maybe a close second, being in the stands in Game 5 of the 2006 World Series when my Cardinals won it!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Osky
Guiding fun fisherman, particularly in Costa Rica for big tarpon.
I donate bear hunts to wounded vets, hunting out of my place in northern MN. We have had some very good times.
Sadly I’m running out of Nam guys.

Osky

I played hockey with the MN warriors until I "retired"

Let me know if you want some contact info for some disabled or combat wounded vets out of Twin Ports, St Cloud, or the cities.

FWIW, we had a few Vietnam guys on the ice when we won at nationals a few years ago.

[Linked Image from u.cubeupload.com]

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
3. Anti Terrorist Evasive Driving course at BSR. Think Nascar in an old ex cop Caprice. The whole 3 days was a hoot.

2. Final exam in the High Risk Personnel course at Quantico. Shooting what was basically an IPSC handgun course at night while the instructors
distracted us by laying down 5.56 tracers obliquely across our line of sight. Closest I got to "seeing the elephant" until............

1. First safari 1990, 3 weeks in northern Botswana. I don't have the words.

There is nothing made by man,
which cannot be broken by woman.
IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Bluefishing in the rip off Great Point, Nantucket when the tide turns. Trolling in a medium sized Whaler, really too small of boat to be out in that water, but we were young and dumb. Waves so high you could see the blues following the lures in the waves twenty feet in front of your face as the boat slides through the trough. Those fish just about jumped in by themselves! Hooked up two and three at a time. It was a circus; then it was over as fast as it started. Great times!

"Keep your mouth shut, work hard. Life is tough. Work through it.” -- Stetson Bennett, Quarterback, Georgia Bulldogs
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Originally Posted by mrchongo
Bluefishing in the rip off Great Point, Nantucket when the tide turns. Trolling in a medium sized Whaler, really too small of boat to be out in that water, but we were young and dumb. Waves so high you could see the blues following the lures in the waves twenty feet in front of your face as the boat slides through the trough. Those fish just about jumped in by themselves! Hooked up two and three at a time. It was a circus; then it was over as fast as it started. Great times!

I feel ya! when I was kid my uncle had a 20' Mako and we used to run off Madaket and Surfside until we'd see a slick where the blues were feeding and cast pencil poppers into the slick, reel them in as fast as we could, and the blues would jump all over each other hitting the lure....so much fun.

BUT....my "most fun I ever had with my clothes on" was the 1 hr of stick time I had in a P-51 doing some basic aerobatics with the guys at Stallion 51 in Kissimmee, FL. The instructor gave me the plane right after takeoff, I did the climb out, some basic slow flight, steep turns and stalls to get a feel for it, then we did some aileron rolls, barrel rolls and a couple loops.....strafed some clouds while my stomach settled and then i flew it down to the flare on the landing....bucket list and well worth the $3k it cost.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

614 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 1eyedmule, 10ring1, 160user, 10gaugemag, 56 invisible), 2,770 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,572
Posts18,453,885
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.