Print Thread
Hop To
B
BluMtn Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
So this spring I found a 2019 Chevrolet with 3000 miles on it. Bought it and really like it. So I took it in for its first service and the service manager said I needed to have the block heater changed under warranty. I told her that I looked for the block heater when I got and could not find it. So fast forward to this week and I returned to have it serviced again and the block heater work done. I told the service tech that I could not find it, but was sure there was one in there somewhere. His response was that it had not been cut out of its storage cubby hole when it was PDI'ed. So when it was all said and done and they brought my pickup around I looked in the grill and ask where they had run the powercord out. The tech say's I will show you and opens up my drivers door and pops the hood and shows me the cord by the air intake. I ask him if there was any extra cord to get it outside and he said no. You have to pop the hood and plug in the cord and leave the hood unlatched. So now I am going to build a short extension and run it out the grill like it should be. Stupid engineers.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
GB2

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Same as mine. When they first recalled it, I took it in and the fix was to cut the cord of.Then it took 7 months for GM to get a replacement.

I have looked about a 1/2 dozen times and don't see any place to handily get an extension cord out thru the grill or side of it without cutting metal.

The newer ones fixed that.

Last edited by saddlesore; 12/18/20.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
The new 3.0 Duramax have a built in block heater and a neat little outlet for it down low on the grill, by the fog light. Comes with about an 6 foot cord as well. Well engineered, IMO

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Maybe they made it short so people wouldn't drive off with it still plugged in.

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The one on my '08 Dodge is under the bottom of the grill where it's easy to get at it. However, I bought it used so that might not have been the original location. I've had it 8 years and have never needed to use it. Our winters haven't been as cold in recent years.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
95 members (10gaugemag, 257robertsimp, 99Ozarks, 16penny, 16 invisible), 1,660 guests, and 718 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,756
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.