Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
gunzo Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Yesterday the wife had a routine Covid test for upcoming outpatient surgery. I didn't feel well but shrugged it off to my usual sinus & allergies. When wife got home I noticed she was nasal & coughing a lot.
The Dr.'s office called last night, positive. We're both quarantined for 14 days & I've got more symptoms than she does. The weird stinging headache just across my brow line is different. The usual aches with the low grade fever. She's lost her sense of taste & smell. I'm lazier than usual, thinking of a nap that I normally don't do.

All this so ironic as that back in March our home county was the first in the state & among the first in the nation for cases. Some of which hit very close to home. We took appropriate measures & stayed healthy, as did most of our friends. It played hell on our social group, but our problems were trivial. Now, 8 months later it catches up with us.

Told her months ago that if we got this crap it was her fault as she works & likes to shop afterward. My time is spent in the loading room & on my private range, a low threat.

Oh well, we'll get over it or not. A good friend just delivered 14 days worth of beverages & the freezer is full. SIL bringing the storm staples, bread milk & eggs.

Cheers!

PS; I might be guilty to have been caught low on beer, but there are plenty of primers.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I hope you 2 get to feeling better.

I noticed you did something that is difficult to get other members that report covid to do.

LIST SYMPTOMS.

That or the titty babies have me on ignore when I ask.

Get some zinc if you can still find some 50-100 mgs a day.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
14 cases of beer eh? grin

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Best of luck with it,you'll beat it.
But keep us posted on the stages of the journey.
#3 son had it felt like crap for 1 day,had a fever of 99.6 or so.Next day fever down and feeling better.
He did lose sense of taste for about a month.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Yeah, just what kind of "loading" are you doing, anyway? smile

Get well.

If you lose your sense of taste at least you'll be able to drink Bud. smile

Last edited by las; 12/19/20.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Do they make a brand of beer with extra zinc in it? laugh

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Get well soon!

You may want to keep an eye on your blood oxygen level with one of these meters. If it starts going down or you feel like you're having trouble you should seek help. It's always good to have a plan.

Last edited by Whiptail; 12/19/20.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rong

My cardiologist got covid. He said for zinc, he was eating 2-3 tins of smoked oysters a day

Gawd

That’s gotta be way worse than PBR and McRib

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Hope you both get better soon.

Since you can't smell or taste anything, it may be an opportunity to eat the things in the freezer your don't like.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Take care of yourselves, hope you get to feeling better. Nurse daughter got her first dose of vaccine yesterday. She has been caring for Commie 19 patients since it started.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by hanco; 12/19/20.
IC B3

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Best of luck with it,you'll beat it.
But keep us posted on the stages of the journey.
#3 son had it felt like crap for 1 day,had a fever of 99.6 or so.Next day fever down and feeling better.
He did lose sense of taste for about a month.

Rong,
My youngest daughter had COVID had it a several weeks ago. Her symptom description were the same as your son. Her sense of taste and smell still hasn’t fully returned.

"Successful is leaving something in better shape than you inherited it in. Keep that in mind, son." Dad
D
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
I wish you both the best. I found out Thursday I have it, wife's test was negative (not sure how long that will last). Found out yesterday one of her sisters and husband both are positive. So far the symtoms I have are light sense of smell & taste are gone other than that just inconvenient as hell.

Prayers are sent as well.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”
ISAIAH 41:10
G
gunzo Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
WM is out of Zinc, maybe later. But thanks Slummy for the suggestion.

No mathman, it's Bud Light so had to get 20 cases for 14 days.

Beer with Zinc? Did it just got healthier.

Thanks to all. I don't feel terrible. If this doesn't go into those rib pulling coughs I'll be happy. Been there with upper raspatory infections & finally wore a wide pistol belt around my chest that I could grab & cinch up when I started coughing. It was bad. A neighbor that had Covid this spring said the rib pulling was the worst part of it..

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Dry hacking cough
head ache / body aches
lethargic
elevated temp
loss of smell

These were the symptoms both my wife and I experienced when we had covid-19. both had positive tests
felt bad for two days, Body aches continued almost a week - could have been due to cutting up downed trees (wind storm) and making them into firewood
zinc, vitamin d, vitamin C and snake oil from a Naturopathic Doctor. The snake oil helped carry the zinc and D into the cells much like hydroxychloroquine

Hope you get over it quick!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gunzo
WM is out of Zinc, maybe later. But thanks Slummy for the suggestion.

No mathman, it's Bud Light so had to get 20 cases for 14 days.

Beer with Zinc? Did it just got healthier.

Thanks to all. I don't feel terrible. If this doesn't go into those rib pulling coughs I'll be happy. Been there with upper raspatory infections & finally wore a wide pistol belt around my chest that I could grab & cinch up when I started coughing. It was bad. A neighbor that had Covid this spring said the rib pulling was the worst part of it..

Try GNC.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
And what is this snake oil, you elude too?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Feel better,i know what your going through,my sister has it,my father in law has it,his wife has it,now my wife has it.she s been on the couch for
6 days,tested pos.started with real bad back pains,101.1 fever,BUT no nasal,no coughing,none of the typical "cold symptoms". Just lethargic,back pains and fever.By some minor mircle,myself and my 10 year old daughter are fine.
Not a hint of a symptom either one of us.my wife has self quarantined herself
In the house,but we were still around her plenty.she has also lost her sense of taste.hasn t been eating much.lots of fluids,Gatoraid,applejuice.ì really hope we don t get this,she s miserable.stay well.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I was quarantined for 14 days due to exposure.
No loss of taste or smell.

Did have a never ending headache, frontal, and not even enough for a Tylenol.
Normally feel worse w reg allergies/work crap. This was just an odd low level deal.

Took Nyquil at bed to avoid getting drainage in lungs.

Gone after a week, whatever it was.

Somebody I kinda know has said this was all a scam.
Just heard he got it, and had to go to hospital, is out now. Kicked his azz.

Last edited by hookeye; 12/19/20.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Just drink your beer out of a galvanized bucket! 😜 Get well soon!

Last edited by basdjs; 12/19/20.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wife’s test came back 2 days ago positive, she’s been sick for about a week. List a symptom and she had had it, but mild. I lost my sense of smell 2 days ago, one day I felt meh. Other than that I’m good. She’s a grade school teacher and it just went through the school this week. Everyone looks to be recovering already.
Guess we’ll be quarantining for Christmas!!!

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

723 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1234, 007FJ, 10ring1, 71 invisible), 2,991 guests, and 1,306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,486
Posts18,451,978
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.