Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by bowmanh
"Data indicates that the jab wasn't worthless. It's a factor in those countries with lower Covid death rates."

... The countries with the highest death rates generally have high rates of vaccination.

That's utter bullshit. I know for one because I live in a high vaccination rate country and we've had low covid death rates. Mind you, that wasn't the only strategy.

Nope. Go look at the Covid death rates in African countries and compare them to Europe or North America for example.

Here is a place you can look that up: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

You will notice that Australia has a Covid death rate of 739 per million whereas Mozambique (where I hunted last fall) has a death rate of 68 per million and Ghana has a death rate of 45 per million. So Australia has a Covid death rate more than 10 times higher than Mozambique or Ghana. And there are lots of other comparable examples.

And this doesn't even take into account excess deaths, which are much greater than Covid deaths. Excess deaths are far higher in developed countries with high vaccination rates.

I don't know why you would consider the questionable stats for a small third world country as the benchmark for the whole world.

Check out the stats for developed countries and you'll see how wrong your thinking is: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

You'll see that USA is about 3.414 deaths per million whereas 739 for Australia. USA has about 70% vaccinated versus Australia has about 96% vaccinated. Still want to compare that against Mozambique? Maybe you guys need to start implementing Mozambique methods, but I think it's too late.

It's not Mozambique in particular. The countries I cited were just examples. Almost all countries in Africa have much lower per capita Covid death rates than developed countries where most people are vaccinated. In Africa very few people are vaccinated. Also it's common for people in Africa to take anti-malaria and anti-parasitic drugs like Hydroxychloroquine and Ivermectin which might play a role in the low numbers there.

Most of Europe has Covid death rates in the 2000-3000+ deaths per million range and those countries all have high rates of vaccination.

But the real issue is not Covid deaths but excess deaths which are far greater than those from Covid. Australia had a high rate of all cause deaths in 2022, much higher than previous years.

Here's an article that discusses that: https://www.independentsentinel.com...hs-are-causally-related-to-the-vaccines/

GB1

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
"Data indicates that the jab wasn't worthless. It's a factor in those countries with lower Covid death rates."

... The countries with the highest death rates generally have high rates of vaccination.

That's utter bullshit. I know for one because I live in a high vaccination rate country and we've had low covid death rates. Mind you, that wasn't the only strategy.

Nope. Go look at the Covid death rates in African countries and compare them to Europe or North America for example.

Here is a place you can look that up: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

You will notice that Australia has a Covid death rate of 739 per million whereas Mozambique (where I hunted last fall) has a death rate of 68 per million and Ghana has a death rate of 45 per million. So Australia has a Covid death rate more than 10 times higher than Mozambique or Ghana. And there are lots of other comparable examples.

And this doesn't even take into account excess deaths, which are much greater than Covid deaths. Excess deaths are far higher in developed countries with high vaccination rates.

I don't know why you would consider the questionable stats for a small third world country as the benchmark for the whole world.

Check out the stats for developed countries and you'll see how wrong your thinking is: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

You'll see that USA is about 3.414 deaths per million whereas 739 for Australia. USA has about 70% vaccinated versus Australia has about 96% vaccinated. Still want to compare that against Mozambique? Maybe you guys need to start implementing Mozambique methods, but I think it's too late.

It's not Mozambique in particular. The countries I cited were just examples. Almost all countries in Africa have much lower per capita Covid death rates than developed countries where most people are vaccinated. In Africa very few people are vaccinated. Also it's common for people in Africa to take anti-malaria and anti-parasitic drugs like Hydroxychloroquine and Ivermectin which might play a role in the low numbers there.

Most of Europe has Covid death rates in the 2000-3000+ deaths per million range and those countries all have high rates of vaccination.

But the real issue is not Covid deaths but excess deaths which are far greater than those from Covid. Australia had a high rate of all cause deaths in 2022, much higher than previous years.

Here's an article that discusses that: https://www.independentsentinel.com...hs-are-causally-related-to-the-vaccines/

You don't cite any credible information there, and still want to cherry pick the questionable statistics of third world countries. It's a bit rich for someone from a country with such poor covid performance to offer "advice" to a country that performed very well with covid. We'll let you know when we all start dropping dead in droves from the vaccination - might not want to hold your breath though

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nothing like a good conspiracy theory to get the blood flowing in rightous outrage. Which is not to say that our state and federal governments did not act like a horses arse with their mandates, apps and border closures, adding to the harm.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Double post.

Last edited by DBT; 02/22/23.
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B

You don't cite any credible information there, and still want to cherry pick the questionable statistics of third world countries. It's a bit rich for someone from a country with such poor covid performance to offer "advice" to a country that performed very well with covid. We'll let you know when we all start dropping dead in droves from the vaccination - might not want to hold your breath though
I just cited a study from Australia but apparently you don't want to address that. What is your stance on the excess deaths being reported worldwide including in Australia? The excess deaths show a high correlation with Covid vaccination. If you want to learn more, you might read the recently published "Cause Unknown" by Ed Dowd.

As far as the reported US Covid death rate consider the following. The US has a lot of obese people, especially blacks and Hispanics who have higher rates of obesity than the rest of the US population. Obese people are more likely to die from Covid and that is reflected in the US Covid statistics. However, US Covid deaths are also overstated due to the fact that the US government compensated hospitals an additional 20% for every person who had Covid and hospitals were happy to classify every death of a person with a positive Covid test as due to Covid. So likely the real US death figures are a lot lower than what is reported. In addition, a large number of PCR tests that were used to diagnose Covid in the US reported false positives because they ran too many cycles. If you run enough cycles (over 25) almost all PCR tests will show positive for Covid.

So far you have bragged about how great Australia was in dealing with Covid, even though the article I linked shows an excess death increase of about 15% in 2022 for Australia, and you don't want to deal with the anomaly of far lower Covid death rates in Africa where few were vaccinated vs the developed countries.

I don't think you really want to consider the evidence.

IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

I just cited a study from Australia but apparently you don't want to address that. What is your stance on the excess deaths being reported worldwide including in Australia? The excess deaths show a high correlation with Covid vaccination. If you want to learn more, you might read the recently published "Cause Unknown" by Ed Dowd.

As far as the reported US Covid death rate consider the following. The US has a lot of obese people, especially blacks and Hispanics who have higher rates of obesity than the rest of the US population. Obese people are more likely to die from Covid and that is reflected in the US Covid statistics. However, US Covid deaths are also overstated due to the fact that the US government compensated hospitals an additional 20% for every person who had Covid and hospitals were happy to classify every death of a person with a positive Covid test as due to Covid. So likely the real US death figures are a lot lower than what is reported. In addition, a large number of PCR tests that were used to diagnose Covid in the US reported false positives because they ran too many cycles. If you run enough cycles (over 25) almost all PCR tests will show positive for Covid.

So far you have bragged about how great Australia was in dealing with Covid, even though the article I linked shows an excess death increase of about 15% in 2022 for Australia, and you don't want to deal with the anomaly of far lower Covid death rates in Africa where few were vaccinated vs the developed countries.

I don't think you really want to consider the evidence.

Sure, there are rare adverse reactions to the vaccination, as with any vaccine.

Probable causal association is speculation and far from compelling proof of anything. People looking at data and arriving at conclusions with nothing solid to back it - just like what the god botherers do.

Deny your countries atrocious covid statistics if that makes you feel better - maybe let WorldOMeters know they've got the wrong data.

You still have nothing to back-up your stance that the vaccination was useless.

Well?
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
you are living proof that the jabs turn people into braindead zombies

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nothing is as black and white as some would like to believe.

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
"Sure, there are rare adverse reactions to the vaccination, as with any vaccine.

Probable causal association is speculation and far from compelling proof of anything. People looking at data and arriving at conclusions with nothing solid to back it - just like what the god botherers do.

Deny your countries atrocious covid statistics if that makes you feel better - maybe let WorldOMeters know they've got the wrong data.

You still have nothing to back-up your stance that the vaccination was useless."

You sound like CNN. You claim that any research that doesn't align with your beliefs isn't credible, but provide no substantive arguments to support your beliefs. Dismissing research as "speculation" doesn't prove your point. You need to provide evidence, which you haven't done. Why does Australia have all these excess deaths? And why do African countries have far fewer Covid deaths than developed countries? You still haven't addressed either of these except to dismiss them without evidence.

As far as vaccine injuries, even the VAERS database in the US lists 17,000 deaths associated with the Covid vaccines and almost a million serious reactions. No other vaccine has a record remotely approaching that.

But the big issue that none of the current vaccines proponents address is the issue of excess deaths, because we have seen huge increases worldwide in countries with high vaccination rates. Far more people are dying in excess deaths than died from Covid. Researchers are starting to look into this and I think we will start to get answers pretty soon.

Also, I never said the vaccines were useless. I think they provided some protection against the original version of Covid, but they have little effectiveness against Omicron and I think the drawbacks outweigh the benefits.

You are entitled to your opinion, but based on your responses it doesn't seem to be an informed opinion.

And by the way, I've been vaccinated, so I'm not trying to defend my personal choices with regard to the vaccines. However, I won't be getting any more Covid shots based on the data I've been seeing for the last year or so.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
"Sure, there are rare adverse reactions to the vaccination, as with any vaccine.

You still have nothing to back-up your stance that the vaccination was useless."

You sound like CNN. You claim that any research that doesn't align with your beliefs isn't credible, but provide no substantive arguments to support your beliefs. Dismissing research as "speculation" doesn't prove your point. You need to provide evidence, which you haven't done. Why does Australia have all these excess deaths? And why do African countries have far fewer Covid deaths than developed countries? You still haven't addressed either of these except to dismiss them without evidence.

As far as vaccine injuries, even the VAERS database in the US lists 17,000 deaths associated with the Covid vaccines and almost a million serious reactions. No other vaccine has a record remotely approaching that.

But the big issue that none of the current vaccines proponents address is the issue of excess deaths, because we have seen huge increases worldwide in countries with high vaccination rates. Far more people are dying in excess deaths than died from Covid. Researchers are starting to look into this and I think we will start to get answers pretty soon.

Also, I never said the vaccines were useless. I think they provided some protection against the original version of Covid, but they have little effectiveness against Omicron and I think the drawbacks outweigh the benefits.

You are entitled to your opinion, but based on your responses it doesn't seem to be an informed opinion.

And by the way, I've been vaccinated, so I'm not trying to defend my personal choices with regard to the vaccines. However, I won't be getting any more Covid shots based on the data I've been seeing for the last year or so.

You might want to self-examine your own methodology - you seem to place significance on questionable data from third world countries yet ignore the data from comparable developed countries that contradict your assertion that the vaccination resulted in higher covid death rates. You also dismiss and discount the data on that same website that shows the woeful performance of your country. You do this by unsubstantiated assertions, and don’t provide any proof – the onus is on you to back-up your claims.

You are also willing to buy into a conclusion based only on speculative data – the report you cite does not make claim or provide proof of any causation for the data.

If you are claiming that all excess deaths are vaccination caused - prove it. There is nothing out there to have me believe it, nor do I lose sleep over it.

Well?
IC B3

E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
If I was vaxxed I wouldn’t want to believe it either. More evidence everyday and the main common denominator is the vax. Good luck to all in this mess. Edk

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's possible that some have had an adverse reaction to the vax, but there is no sign of any mass die off here, just people going about their business as usual. Normal life....except for the consequences of the lockdowns on business, higher prices, inflation, etc.

To add: I did not agree with the lockdowns or the mandates.

Last edited by DBT; 02/22/23.
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B

You might want to self-examine your own methodology - you seem to place significance on questionable data from third world countries yet ignore the data from comparable developed countries that contradict your assertion that the vaccination resulted in higher covid death rates. You also dismiss and discount the data on that same website that shows the woeful performance of your country. You do this by unsubstantiated assertions, and don’t provide any proof – the onus is on you to back-up your claims.

You are also willing to buy into a conclusion based only on speculative data – the report you cite does not make claim or provide proof of any causation for the data.

If you are claiming that all excess deaths are vaccination caused - prove it. There is nothing out there to have me believe it, nor do I lose sleep over it.

It sounds like you are arguing that low Covid death rates are due to high vaccination rates but I don't see any data that supports that conclusion. You accuse me of being speculative: please provide the data that supports a cause and effect relation between high vaccination rates and low Covid death rates. The US has a relatively high vaccination rate by international standards so your thesis is not supported just because the reported US death rate is higher than Australia. We know for a fact now that the vaccines do not prevent Covid transmission, so the relatively small difference between the US and Australia vaccination rates (about 20%) is not large enough to explain the difference in deaths.

Over a third of the US population is Latino or black and they have very high rates of obesity, making them vulnerable to severe Covid. Australia does not have an equivalent large minority population with Covid vulnerability. But the big difference is that Australia had almost no Covid cases until 2022, so it escaped the original strain and Delta which were much more deadly than Omicron, and much more likely to kill people. That's the reason the death numbers are lower and not vaccination rates or public policy.

And I'm certainly not ignoring data from developed countries. As a matter of fact I used it in my examples. But there is a huge difference in Covid deaths from developed counties vs Africa and it's too big to be explained by poor reporting. So what is the reason? I've seen research papers that deal with this question so I'm not the only one asking it.

I don't think the US did particularly well with Covid, but there are quite few countries, many in Europe, that have a higher reported Covid death rate than the US. I'd say most developed countries didn't do a very good job handling Covid. However, South Korea and Japan have a lower death rate than Australia, and they also had very little Covid until 2022. The reason they show a low death rate is is probably the same as for Australia: they mostly dealt with Omicron, which is much less deadly then the earlier strains.

On the plus side for the US, we did not implement fascist rules like Australia did, and force people into confinement. And there's also no evidence that confinement lowers the death rate.

It's important to note that the number of excess deaths is far higher than deaths from Covid in many countries, so that's the number we really need to look at. And Australia didn't do too well in that regard. We don't have definitive proof that the excess deaths are a result of the vaccines, but the timing of the rise in excess deaths is very precisely correlated with the timing of mass vaccinations so that is highly suggestive of a relationship. There has been a lot of resistance from governments to researching the cause of excess deaths, probably because they are afraid it will show the failures of their policy, but eventually the cause or causes will be identified.

It may take some time, but a lot of people are starting to pay attention to excess deaths, so we will have a lot more information pretty soon.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
It sounds like you are arguing that low Covid death rates are due to high vaccination rates but I don't see any data that supports that conclusion. You accuse me of being speculative: please provide the data that supports a cause and effect relation between high vaccination rates and low Covid death rates.

That’s not what I said. You made the following assertion:
The countries with the highest death rates generally have high rates of vaccination.

I pointed you to all the data that says otherwise. Your assertion isn’t supported by the data, and actually shows the opposite.

As for the rest of your speculation, all I can say is that blind assertions and dot connecting is all the rage these days – you can draw any conclusion and make any excuses that you want.

The US has a relatively high vaccination rate by international standards so your thesis is not supported just because the reported US death rate is higher than Australia. We know for a fact now that the vaccines do not prevent Covid transmission, so the relatively small difference between the US and Australia vaccination rates (about 20%) is not large enough to explain the difference in deaths.

Over a third of the US population is Latino or black and they have very high rates of obesity, making them vulnerable to severe Covid. Australia does not have an equivalent large minority population with Covid vulnerability. But the big difference is that Australia had almost no Covid cases until 2022, so it escaped the original strain and Delta which were much more deadly than Omicron, and much more likely to kill people. That's the reason the death numbers are lower and not vaccination rates or public policy.

And I'm certainly not ignoring data from developed countries. As a matter of fact I used it in my examples. But there is a huge difference in Covid deaths from developed counties vs Africa and it's too big to be explained by poor reporting. So what is the reason? I've seen research papers that deal with this question so I'm not the only one asking it.

I don't think the US did particularly well with Covid, but there are quite few countries, many in Europe, that have a higher reported Covid death rate than the US. I'd say most developed countries didn't do a very good job handling Covid. However, South Korea and Japan have a lower death rate than Australia, and they also had very little Covid until 2022. The reason they show a low death rate is is probably the same as for Australia: they mostly dealt with Omicron, which is much less deadly then the earlier strains.

On the plus side for the US, we did not implement fascist rules like Australia did, and force people into confinement. And there's also no evidence that confinement lowers the death rate.

It's important to note that the number of excess deaths is far higher than deaths from Covid in many countries, so that's the number we really need to look at. And Australia didn't do too well in that regard. We don't have definitive proof that the excess deaths are a result of the vaccines, but the timing of the rise in excess deaths is very precisely correlated with the timing of mass vaccinations so that is highly suggestive of a relationship. There has been a lot of resistance from governments to researching the cause of excess deaths, probably because they are afraid it will show the failures of their policy, but eventually the cause or causes will be identified.

It may take some time, but a lot of people are starting to pay attention to excess deaths, so we will have a lot more information pretty soon.

One would hope so – the superstitious dot connectors are going frantic in the meantime. But we don't just need more data, we also need demonstrable factual explanations of the data.

BTW, do you happen to be a Christian?

Well?
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
mauserand9mm,

I really can't follow what you are saying. It seems to lack logical consistency.

You wrote that Australia had a lower reported Covid death rate than the US and cited the fact that Australia had a higher vaccination rate than the US. That sounds like you are saying that high vaccination rates are related to lower Covid death rates. Yet when I stated that, you claimed you never said it. Perhaps you didn't say exactly that, but you certainly implied it.

And I pointed out that the countries with the lowest Covid death rates on earth are in Africa and have low vaccination rates. You dismissed that because they are "third world countries" and said my assertion was not supported by data even though I cited data from Worldometer.

I've presented a lot of other data and empirical evidence and perhaps some folks will get something from it, but obviously you don't.

I've spent as much time on this as I want to, so I won't continue the discussion.

You certainly have a right to your opinions but I can't make much sense of them.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Are they still talking about Covid in Oz?

Igitur quī dēsīderat pācem, præparet bellum
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by CopperSolid

I dare say it's all done and dusted here and been for a while now. I went to the doctors a couple of weeks ago for my annual tune up and no masks needed - that was the only lingering remnant of the covid events that I'd come acoss for the the longest time now.

Still negative outfall for our idiotic politicians though and their moronic decisions, business as usual I guess.

Well?
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I dare say it's all done and dusted here and been for a while now. I went to the doctors a couple of weeks ago for my annual tune up and no masks needed - that was the only lingering remnant of the covid events that I'd come acoss for the the longest time now.

Still negative outfall for our idiotic politicians though and their moronic decisions, business as usual I guess.

How trustworthy are the stats coming out of Africa?

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by DBT

It's hard to say and probably varies somewhat by country. Having spent some time in Africa, my guess is that they are certainly not as good as the stats from developed countries but are probably still useful to show general trends.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT

It's hard to say and probably varies somewhat by country. Having spent some time in Africa, my guess is that they are certainly not as good as the stats from developed countries but are probably still useful to show general trends.

Yes, then there are living conditions and added exposure to any number of pathogens that westerners in their sterile environments are not, which may be a factor in immune system response, etc, etc.

Page 10 of 106 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 105 106

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 10ring1, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 160user, 77 invisible), 2,426 guests, and 1,126 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,121
Posts18,464,584
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.