Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Raferman
You guys should have a sitcom.
Lol

As should you guys.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Id like to say my comments do not apply to all or even a lot of americans. They are fine people, and I think with the best ideas and practices of liberty in the world.

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
Originally Posted by 158XTP
Id like to say my comments do not apply to all or even a lot of americans. They are fine people, and I think with the best ideas and practices of liberty in the world.

Most Americans are good, decent and honest people. They love liberty the same as all the world's democracies. I feel for them because they're now ranked well down the list of western democratic countries for personal freedom. The U.S. is in serious decline and the rest of us aren't too far behind.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_freedom_indices

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/freest-countries

Many Americans have the idea that because of the 2nd amendment to their constitution it makes them the top of the ladder in the freedom stakes. Not so, because there is never going to be a successful mass armed uprising against a corrupt government trying to alter their constitution. Being a fat butted, bearded, baseball cap wearing, geographically ignorant, keyboard warrior mouthing off how tough you are isn't going to change the facts.

Australians still have their firearms that matter, i.e. for hunting and target shooting. I still have a gun safe full of them. No one has taken away any of my guns. I don't have to get a covid shot if I don't want to nor does anyone else have to if they don't want to.

"The 257 Roberts, some people like to call it the “.257 Bob.” I think these people should be hung in trees where crows can peck at them." - David Petzal
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by zeissman

Most Americans are good, decent and honest people. They love liberty the same as all the world's democracies. I feel for them because they're now ranked well down the list of western democratic countries for personal freedom. The U.S. is in serious decline and the rest of us aren't too far behind.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_freedom_indices

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/freest-countries

Many Americans have the idea that because of the 2nd amendment to their constitution it makes them the top of the ladder in the freedom stakes. Not so, because there is never going to be a successful mass armed uprising against a corrupt government trying to alter their constitution. Being a fat butted, bearded, baseball cap wearing, geographically ignorant, keyboard warrior mouthing off how tough you are isn't going to change the facts.

Australians still have their firearms that matter, i.e. for hunting and target shooting. I still have a gun safe full of them. No one has taken away any of my guns. I don't have to get a covid shot if I don't want to nor does anyone else have to if they don't want to.

I don't visit this part of the forum too often. I just wanted to say that what you said is a good assessment of the States. Most Americans are just trying to get along and get by.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Well I lost plenty of mine, being the semi-autos and pump shotguns. As to not taking the shot, while they cant force you to do it, its a hobsons choice if they can take your livelihood away if you dont.

IC B2

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z

Well I lost plenty of mine, being the semi-autos and pump shotguns. As to not taking the shot, while they cant force you to do it, its a hobsons choice if they can take your livelihood away if you dont.

Excuse my ignorance on the matter. I didn't realize Oz had banned semi-auto shotguns or .22's. Pump shotguns have never been popular here in NZ and I've never known anyone to use one for duck shooting or rabbit shooting. Still, if you liked them then that would be annoying.

As far as being vaccinated for Covid, I understand where you're coming from. Our Labour govt has given teachers at state schools until Christmas to get vaccinated or lose their jobs. The lawyers are lining up rubbing their hands together in glee because it appears to be a breach of the Bill of Rights. Personally, I have had the double shot as I'm 68 and have some minor lung damage. Most people here seem happy enough to get the jab.

"The 257 Roberts, some people like to call it the “.257 Bob.” I think these people should be hung in trees where crows can peck at them." - David Petzal
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Excuse my ignorance on the matter. I didn't realize Oz had banned semi-auto shotguns or .22's. Pump shotguns have never been popular here in NZ and I've never known anyone to use one for duck shooting or rabbit shooting. Still, if you liked them then that would be annoying.

As far as being vaccinated for Covid, I understand where you're coming from. Our Labour govt has given teachers at state schools until Christmas to get vaccinated or lose their jobs. The lawyers are lining up rubbing their hands together in glee because it appears to be a breach of the Bill of Rights. Personally, I have had the double shot as I'm 68 and have some minor lung damage. Most people here seem happy enough to get the jab.

Make no bones about it, that little prick howard is one of the most despised filth in Australia.

As for the jab...three months ago I was healthy as a bull and sneered at it, two months ago I dragged myself out of my coffin into the high risk group and will be getting the first jab next Friday with doctor's clearance. Don't like it but it is what it is.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Most people here seem happy enough to get the jab.

And the ones that arent will apparently become a restricted class of citizen in a two tiered society according to your prime minister.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I've been morbidly playing around with numbers and it looks like we have a fair way to go with prospective covid deaths - maybe this is why QLD and WA governments are so shit scared about reopening and hence keep changing the requirements for reopening - what does their modelling show? The biggest fear they have is how fucked up the hospital system currently is and how it can't cope now let alone with the extra load of prospective covid patients. Good thing that our young Jeannette jumped out of the Chief Health Officer position now before the fan starts up, but surely this timing is co-incidental.

My rubbery figures are based on what is reported on worldometers (https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/) so is subject to the rubberyness that they have.

My assumptions are:
- 1% death rate from covid infections (without vaccination)
- 100% vaccination take-up (ha, this won't happen, but Ozzy looks to be likely to get 90% at the moment)
- 90% vaccination effectiveness for preventing covid death (very assumption)
- 26 million people in Ozland
- assumes no herd immunity blocking and that everyone gets exposed to covid at some point

I get a figure of 26,000 total deaths from covid. We've had 1,743 deaths so far, so the worst is yet to come. Hopefully it won't be this bad but there are susceptible people out there vaccinated or not. What is looking like a raging lock-down success (ignoring all economic damage and business collapse of course) is probably just a protracted delay of the inevitable.

Further lockdowns and political shit fights pending - stay tuned.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

My assumptions are:
- 1% death rate from covid infections (without vaccination)
- 100% vaccination take-up (ha, this won't happen, but Ozzy looks to be likely to get 90% at the moment)
- 90% vaccination effectiveness for preventing covid death (very assumption)
- 26 million people in Ozland
- assumes no herd immunity blocking and that everyone gets exposed to covid at some point

Among other things, there's evidence emerging that the effectiveness of the "vaccines" has been grossly overstated, and wanes fast. According to figures in a recent study from Sweden, currently a pre-print for the Lancet, the effectiveness in preventing infection actually drops below zero after about 200 days - IOW you are more likely to be infected than if you hadn't been inoculated.

Recent UK figures also show that infection rates for the vaccinated are now higher than for the unvaccinated for all cohorts over the age of 30.

As well, case fatality rates have increased significantly in the UK and other areas, among the vaccinated as well as the unvaccinated. This runs counter to the way pandemics usually evolve, and may indicate that the effects of these "leaky" vaccines - which don't create immunity at all - may include selecting for more deadly strains, a phenomenon the scientific community had already been warned about before COVID19 emerged.

And then there's the fact that deaths from heart conditions and neurological conditions appear to have sharply risen in the wake of mass vaccination, according to data from a number of countries.

I don't think that the picture is a simple one. I have a real fear that we may be discovering that the mass injection of these "vaccines" has been a horrible mistake.

IC B3

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Make no bones about it, that little prick howard is one of the most despised filth in Australia.

As for the jab...three months ago I was healthy as a bull and sneered at it, two months ago I dragged myself out of my coffin into the high risk group and will be getting the first jab next Friday with doctor's clearance. Don't like it but it is what it is.

Hope all goes well for you health wise JS.

Sometimes it's easy to forget how quickly a person's health can change. I've also had the worst year of my life health wise too. A liver resection surgery two months ago isn't something I'd want to go through again.

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
..... Most Americans are just trying to get along and get by.

Absolutely Steve. Life has certainly become more stressful for most of us even though it has become more comfortable for most. There's more important factors to life than owning military assault rifles. Something that the bravo red necks on some of these forums can't comprehend.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I get the impression that some posters simply wish to stir the pot. They quote strange, out there websites or other sources for their COVID information. Some rant about conspiracies being the only true reason for the virus. I guess they are looking for someone who will rise to their bait. Generally, I ignore them.

All the best.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
well looks like the strategy still seems to be lockdowns, travel restrictions, disenfrachisement of large chunks of the workforce who will not submit to a medical procedure, a vaccine that doesnt vaccinate, also a form of medical apartheid or caste system starting, the first two class system ever seen forming in western cultures in fact, and all over the 'super virus' that is still barely beating diaorhea or diabetes for global deaths.

Looks like the next distraction is being rolled out anyhow, the imminent climate catastrophe which is being reported in our media in a way that the PM had to rush a flight to get their in time to save us. Good heavens, its war of the worlds radio play level stuff.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Tough to read this having lived in Calgary and Chelmer both well enjoyed.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Pissing match aside, what we're witnessing on both sides of the pond is unprecedented in western society. Whatever it is, there has to be an agenda other than public health behind it. Unfortunately for us, there is no reliable, objective source of information out there to base decisions on, only spin and propaganda. And yet many, if not most, insist that they are informed by facts. The willingness of hundreds of millions to not only believe what they're told but to also go forth and proclaim it as gospel both baffles me and yet comes as no surprise.

I communicate regularly with a lady from rural Victoria who lives east of Melbourne. She and her husband have been basically living in exile in the Northern Territory for months, travelling in their RV or staying with friends. They pretty much fled Victoria ahead of the lockdowns. She told me yesterday that NT has now locked down due to a case or two of Covid popping up. She also sent me a video of thousands of Victorians protesting outdoors without masks. No burning or looting or clashes with police, just hanging out making their point, a few signs here and there, a bit of singing.

She now wishes she was back home but can't go. No vaccine passport, etc.

People in both countries have had enough, I think. It'll be interesting to see how the next year plays out. The difference between Oz and the US is that all the big-city bastions of for-your-own-good tyranny could be completely depopulated tomorrow and we would still have a population far in excess of 100 million, most of whom are armed and know how to do real-life things that don't depend on electronic devices. That said, everyone is being affected by this insanity. My wife has a job offer that she won't accept if the company is going to mandate vaccination, which sucks because the price of everything has nearly doubled, and we would really benefit from a second income in the house, which we haven't had since 2015 (cancer-her). I have been asked to provide vax status at work, but no mandate yet. We're both prepared (and preparing) to become second-class citizens (at best) in a nation we have worked our entire lives contributing to. So be it.

It isn't about chopping rifle barrels. It's about doing what you know to be right, and not doing what you know to be wrong. Whether or not you have faith in the vaccines, or believe that Covid is the killer those in power who hunger for still more power want you to believe it is, anyone with a brain who understands that liberty requires responsibility, reason, and integrity knows that these lockdowns and mandates fly in the face of every single principle western civilization was founded upon.

To argue otherwise, especially out of a need to defend your decisions and actions by demeaning those of others, is both folly and the worst kind of intellectual dishonesty.

Haul ass, haul ass! - Pappy
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by ShaunRyan
Pissing match aside ...

Well said, sir. It is very difficult to remain objective when both "sides" are lying, both fear-mongering for political leverage.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by T_O_M
Pissing match aside ...

Well said, sir. It is very difficult to remain objective when both "sides" are lying, both fear-mongering for political leverage.

Tom

Yep, there are facts but many more unknowns, so emotions and fears are a good way to make up for that. Stupid as people may be, our politicians are even stupider:

Our beloved Anna says the virus will hunt down the unvaccinated

An unintelligent virus is capable of "hunting down" potential victims - really? Looks like the virus may have a higher IQ than our politicians.

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
One known is the financial damage coming. We dont get to keep locking down the 1st world without paying the bill. Our grandkids could be digging themselves out from under a great depression at this rate. one of my buddies who is a farmer said fertilizer prices almost doubled last week.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by T_O_M
Pissing match aside ...

Tom

Yep, there are facts but many more unknowns, so emotions and fears are a good way to make up for that. Stupid as people may be, our politicians are even stupider:

Our beloved Anna says the virus will hunt down the unvaccinated

An unintelligent virus is capable of "hunting down" potential victims - really? Looks like the virus may have a higher IQ than our politicians.

Yeah, but "your Anna" is ought but a clueless twat.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Page 7 of 106 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 105 106

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

308 members (10gaugemag, 280shooter, 204guy, 1_deuce, 264mag, 219DW, 42 invisible), 2,126 guests, and 1,170 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,144
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.