Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by WYcoyote
3-15x illuminated and I'll be considering one.

Me too, but I think that would require a whole new design with 5x ratio. The LRHS and LRTS were/are 4x.

GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
WY, is there a price point difference between that and the 4.5 x 18?

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
So it sounds like:

Donut of death is back, G3H
Non-illuminated for now
ED Prime, whatever that means
Under $1k (?)

Comments from George and Pat, regarding excellent image quality, are interesting as the LRHS/LRTS scopes seemed pretty dang good for the money.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I’d do a G3H I believe. That’s likely going to be a good optic. The 3-12 and 4-18 excellent.

Semper Fi
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by scenarshooter
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
Here we go again a tactical shooting competitor trying to design a long range hunting optic. Fancy whiz bang reticle and all. Tactical shooting and hunting need different scope and reticle designs. I guess I am happy it appears bushnell is bringing back some Japanese scope which is a great thing

George has hunted more than you will in your entire lifetime......

thats nice to know, you have never met me, never spoken to me and have no idea who I am. you must be god? do you make a habit of making bold pronouncements about people you have no idea of? do you not agree that a tactical scope and a hunting scope has 2 distinct purposes and intended uses? YES OR NO? If I am in a tactical competition I would want most of the features or maybe all that come in the bushnell tactical scopes. I think the LRHS scopes in both powers would make excellent tactical scopes for competition. can they be used for hunting, YES but a 3x9 with a duplex can be used in a tactical comp too. pick the right tool for the job. BTW pat, develop a reticle that people can actually see in low light on low power then get back to me on how "expert" you are. 3-12 model not so awesome

predictably the clapping seals pile on, the ones who have never had an original thought in their entire lives. you guys realize I don't give 2 [bleep] what you think of me, you do realize I could care less what you say. why would I comment if I cared. I knew what jordan and all the clappers would say. have I not proven enough to you I have a thick enough skin to not give a crap.

Last edited by cumminscowboy; 12/21/20.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
yeah, just WITF WOULD you comment ?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
.....have I not proven enough to you I have a thick enough skin.......

It's good that you have a thick skin. But not good that you need it so often.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Here we go again a tactical shooting competitor trying to design a long range hunting optic. Fancy whiz bang reticle and all. Tactical shooting and hunting need different scope and reticle designs. I guess I am happy it appears bushnell is bringing back some Japanese scope which is a great thing

thats nice to know, you have never met me, never spoken to me and have no idea who I am. you must be god? do you make a habit of making bold pronouncements about people you have no idea of? do you not agree that a tactical scope and a hunting scope has 2 distinct purposes and intended uses? YES OR NO? If I am in a tactical competition I would want most of the features or maybe all that come in the bushnell tactical scopes. I think the LRHS scopes in both powers would make excellent tactical scopes for competition. can they be used for hunting, YES but a 3x9 with a duplex can be used in a tactical comp too. pick the right tool for the job. BTW pat, develop a reticle that people can actually see in low light on low power then get back to me on how "expert" you are. 3-12 model not so awesome

predictably the clapping seals pile on, the ones who have never had an original thought in their entire lives. you guys realize I don't give 2 [bleep] what you think of me, you do realize I could care less what you say. why would I comment if I cared. I knew what jordan and all the clappers would say. have I not proven enough to you I have a thick enough skin to not give a crap.

Why don't you just shut up and go tape a scope to the swing set. Pat has more credibility than you will ever hope to achieve.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

We all know who you are.....

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
have I not proven enough to you I have a thick enough skin to not give a crap.

And head thickness to match the skin thickness. smile

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Have you been off the couch this year or are you still adding to your 42" waist?

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
keep attacking and having nothing to say about the substance of the argument, tactical vs hunting. no one has a substantive argument against my position the clapping seals are so predictable. I make a comment they can't argue with so what happens? they attack the person, you guys act like democrats. argue the [bleep] point if you disagree. I listen to that. attacking me says you aint got nuthin. same bunch its always been, keep it going I am laughing. a tactical scope isn't a hunting scope and a hunting scope isn't a tactical scope, boom end of story!

I am sorry I don't post all sorts of pics of my hunting exploits. for one I have thought its somewhat weird to do so. its like look my dong is so much bigger, look I am so much cooler than you. It represents a weird mentality. I don't even post things on my personal facebook. I don't need anyones approval or congrats. hunting isnt just about the largest animal either. just how I feel about it.

L
LJB Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
do you not agree that a tactical scope and a hunting scope has 2 distinct purposes and intended uses? YES OR NO?

YES, i do "not agree that a tactical scope and a hunting scope has 2 distinct purposes and intended uses?"

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Looking at the picture, it appears George might be out Pat's way.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

Excellent - Spot (me) lives by the Bushnell outlet store - which means more goodies for me.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

You just went full Fireballz. Don’t ever go full Fireballz.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

I am sorry I don't post all sorts of pics of my hunting exploits. for one I have thought its somewhat weird to do so. its like look my dong is so much bigger, look I am so much cooler than you. It represents a weird mentality. I don't even post things on my personal facebook.

Yeah, I'd much rather see those pics of you at the park than actual hunting photos.

As far as your "substance of the argument" bullsh*t, have you ever considered that the style of reticle one chooses to hunt with is a matter of personal preference, based on how and where someone hunts?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Probably a great scope. I had a 4-15 but it was just too much for what I wanted. If I could find a way to swing one of George’s rifles, like an Xtreme Hunter or Evo Ultralight, one of these new 4-15s would make good sense. If I could have one rifle, it’d say GA Precision on it.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I was thinking of buying one of the LRTSI that are listed for sale. Based on this info, would most wait to see the new offering first?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by scottf270
I was thinking of buying one of the LRTSI that are listed for sale. Based on this info, would most wait to see the new offering first?

Hunted a 3-12x44 LRTSi this past fall, and was so impressed that I grabbed a second one on close out.

Same dealer blew out a few 3-12x44 LRHS recently as well so I grabbed one (just took delivery this morning).

Difference in weight on my digital kitchen scale is 2.25 oz

Tonight I compared the two scopes the last 20 minutes of light on a variety of objects near and far.

Clearly a quick comparison, but initial thought is that I’ll likely sell the LRHS as I found the reticle much harder to see in low light than the LRTSi (Without the illumination on).

If the new reticle is heavier and/or illuminated it would interest me, but honestly the LRTSi leaves little to ask for (6 ounces lighter would be nice).

Last edited by 280_ACKLEY; 12/21/20.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take!"
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

72 members (264mag, Anaconda, 6mmCreedmoor, ak_Rick, 13 invisible), 1,514 guests, and 756 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,174
Posts18,465,426
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.