Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by TimberRunner

Brick and mortar is dead.
Until you need a transfer or you need a place to fondle 20 guns before you order one online...

BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Fin Feather and Fur is nice little Ohio chain. It's like Sportsmans Warehouse was when the original owner ran it. I guess I'll be going down to the Toledo store more often.

We used to stop at one on the way to Camp Perry, Ashland I think? They had some deals on reloading supplies that the vendors at Perry couldn't beat.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by flintlocke
A friend worked in the Medford OR S. Warehouse, far enough up the food chain to see spreadsheets ,claimed those clothing and junk slum mentioned was where the profit lays. He said some off brand camo clothing had a 200% markup. Does this remind anybody of the Dick's Sporting goods inventory?
Originally Posted by slumlord
All these places end up transforming and catering to phaggots and fly fishermen

Columbia shirts, teva sandals, cbd oil, marshmallow candy peanuts, hiking book gaiters

No offense to phaggots

Don't need an insider or a degree to figure that out.

Look at their catalogs. Every retailer goes to more and more
apparel, less hardware. Shoes must be fuggin gold mines!

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

. . .Brick and mortar is dead.

Brought it on ourselves by trying to save
$5 00 instead of patronizing the LGS's

I saw how bass amateur shop was a
long time ago. We've screwed ourselves
out of any other places to go, just like we
put wally world way up on top. Oh well. . .
I guess if there will ever be another time
when future shooters can buy firearms and
accoutrements and such, I guess the chinese
can crank out AR parts and reloading tools
and powders with the same ease that they
geared up to make Americans socks and
underwear and our aftermarket auto parts

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bitch Pro Shops and Karenbelas have way too much overhead.

IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I thought SW got ruined when the owner got caught screwing his secretary, his wife found out, and he had to shut down and sell half his stores...

A lot more illicit secretary pumping goes on
than ever gets published.
I've been put out of 2 companies that closed
up for liquidation after the head man was
caught being the "head " man
I don't have any business degree other than
working every day, and even I know not to
sh*t in my own nest .

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by 16bore
Bitch Pro Shops and Karenbelas have way too much overhead.

All the dress casual crap and the gifty crafty crap
and gummi bears

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by ShortMag11
Absolutely terrible news! They ruined Cabela’s and now SW is next! Unbelievable!

Fak, and agree..

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by slumlord
All these places end up transforming and catering to phaggots and fly fishermen

Columbia shirts, teva sandals, cbd oil, marshmallow candy peanuts, hiking book gaiters

No offense to phaggots

I like marshmallow peanuts...

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Well that is bad news for sure. Bass pro is a garbage vendor of hot trash. 2020—-the hits keep coming

GOD Bless America
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Cabelas was sliding years before BPS bought them.

I've been in a few sportsman's warehouse, but I don't know if I have one within 12 hours of me. They seemed like a good store.

No it is not. Ass Pro, crapbelas and sportsmans doghouse are.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
Are sportsmans was pretty bad already but its really going to suck now. Several of the guys there are jerks, and they claim to match prices but never do it. We just got a new place in Idaho Falls called ALs thats also out of Utah. ALs people are much more friendly and their prices are better. And they don't say crap like you can't have your one box of 22 shells today because we know you already have some at home.

Bb

I’ve worked in Logan, Utah a lot, 6 months at a time. One night a week I’d hit both Sportsman’s and Al’s and usually find something to buy. Then on way to airport would stop at Cabelas on north side of Salt Lake. Typically buy nothing. Then I’d swing by Scheels South of the airport and buy some more stuff. Now it looks like Al’s and Scheels will be getting my money in future trips. Need to throw Black Ovis in on those trips.

I’ve got the main BPS an hour from my house, and Rogers, AR store an hour south. Go in once every few months. Usually only buy anything from the catalog outlet.

Somebody is buying from BPS. Johnny Morris is buying every property between Springfield and Arkansas. 1,000 acres at a time. Doing a big waterfront plaza in Ozark just south of Springfield. Big resort south of Branson with Golf Course and marina on the lake. Handful of other destinations down there in the hills with his name on them. Good for him, he made a success out of himself that is for sure.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Frankly, for mom and pop gun shops having the big corporate stores with crappy selections and so-so prices merge into bigger crappier stores with even crappier prices is a good thing. Of course the small LGS will get the bubbas with a Big 5 ad expecting to buy a Mossberg 500 or 10/22 for $100 but those morons easily dealt with. Small independent LGS are not going anywhere. The advantage that online sales once enjoyed was the non-collection of sales tax but slowly the states are destroying that too. After closing my shop I said that I could make way more money with way less aggravation and licensing if I just opened a photo hut sized business that didn’t stock a single firearm but instead did transfers for online sales. No out of pocket money for inventory. No stupid gun morons that want to fingerfuck everything without buying. No bullshit stories about how the now 350# guy in front of me used to be a SEAL sniper which is why he wants a 30-30 because that’s what he carried in combat. No multimillion dollar liability insurance policy. No ATF spending days going through your inventory. No worries about theft. No hiring employees and staffing issues. No employee theft, etc

Small, simple, easy...

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Weeeel.............Fahq....😠

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
When coming back home from Phoenix this weekend we stopped at the store in Sho-low and took a walk.

Found a few things i needed and looked at a lot of other stuff.

Don't know what's going on but they do have a lot of high priced stuff.

Might be after hearing this i might not go to another store again.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Kind of funny Bass Pros home owned in Southwest Missouri now the home of the stupid f****** rednecks I can't do nothing right now they almost you son of a b**** is by the balls

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It started its plummet years ago when he cheated on his wife

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Frankly, for mom and pop gun shops having the big corporate stores with crappy selections and so-so prices merge into bigger crappier stores with even crappier prices is a good thing. Of course the small LGS will get the bubbas with a Big 5 ad expecting to buy a Mossberg 500 or 10/22 for $100 but those morons easily dealt with. Small independent LGS are not going anywhere. The advantage that online sales once enjoyed was the non-collection of sales tax but slowly the states are destroying that too. After closing my shop I said that I could make way more money with way less aggravation and licensing if I just opened a photo hut sized business that didn’t stock a single firearm but instead did transfers for online sales. No out of pocket money for inventory. No stupid gun morons that want to fingerfuck everything without buying. No bullshit stories about how the now 350# guy in front of me used to be a SEAL sniper which is why he wants a 30-30 because that’s what he carried in combat. No multimillion dollar liability insurance policy. No ATF spending days going through your inventory. No worries about theft. No hiring employees and staffing issues. No employee theft, etc

Small, simple, easy...

I used a LGS a few years ago where the guy told me he does about 25 transfers a day @$30 each. This was in a small town in Iowa.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by UPhiker

Until you need a transfer or you need a place to fondle 20 guns before you order one online...

Or you prefer to try on a pair of boots/sandals. Or an expensive hunting jacket (anything over the $50 Walmart versions that is.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
N
NTG Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Not cool. There's a SW that's not even a quarter mile from the Crapela's in Idaho Falls. It'll be interesting to see what happens there.

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
291 members (1minute, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 280shooter, 204guy, 29aholic, 44 invisible), 2,150 guests, and 1,028 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,725
Posts18,400,614
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.