Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Always a hit at gatherings, & handy to have around the house is sausage balls.

1# ground pork sausage, 1/2 cup of milk, 8 oz. shredded cheddar, 2 cups Bisquick. Thoroughly hand mix all ingredients & roll into individual balls, I like them a bit bigger than golf balls. & not rolled too tight. Place on a cookie sheet & bake @ 325 for approx. 25 minutes or until the exposed cheese just begins to brown.

GB1

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I found a link to the Crack potatoes

https://recipeland.com/recipe/v/crack-potatoes-55640

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by gunzo
Always a hit at gatherings, & handy to have around the house is sausage balls.

1# ground pork sausage, 1/2 cup of milk, 8 oz. shredded cheddar, 2 cups Bisquick. Thoroughly hand mix all ingredients & roll into individual balls, I like them a bit bigger than golf balls. & not rolled too tight. Place on a cookie sheet & bake @ 325 for approx. 25 minutes or until the exposed cheese just begins to brown.

Used to make them regularly, but now use a simpler recipe. Mix the sausage with crushed Cheez-its, roll into balls and bake at 325

Who is John Galt?
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by dye7barrel
Whiskey and coke

That!

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Dave

IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42
I make killer no bakes if that's your thing.

1 stick of butter or margarine
2 cups sugar
.5 cup milk
4 tbsp cocoa

Bring these ingredients to a boil (slowly, if you heat too fast your cookies will be gritty). Once it starts to boil allow it to stay boiling for one minute then remove from heat and add:

.5 cup peanut butter
3 cups of quaker quick oats
1 tsp vanilla.

Stir it up and form your cookies.

These are really really good.

Made some up an hour or so ago. Easy, and yes, they are really, really good !

Old Corps

Semper Fi

Get off my lawn.

FJB
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Birria Quesotacos

This is essentially the recipe I used.
https://www.thecookingguy.com/cookbook/https/youtube/rexifmidtru

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by robertham1; 12/22/20.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Halibut steaks, stuffed with fresh crab, baked in hollandaise sause, and sprinkled with pine nuts. Steaks need to be 1 - 1/4" thick, slice a pocket and stuff with crab meat. Place in glass pan, cover with the sause, sprinkle pine nuts. Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes. Give or take a minute or two!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Heym06
Halibut steaks, stuffed with fresh crab, baked in hollandaise sause, and sprinkled with pine nuts. Steaks need to be 1 - 1/4" thick, slice a pocket and stuff with crab meat. Place in glass pan, cover with the sause, sprinkle pine nuts. Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes. Give or take a minute or two!

Halibut probably tastes awesome when its fresh but by the time it gets to Iowa, it doesn't. Which is too bad.

That burria quesotaco thing looks just like the quesadilla grande at my second favorite Mexican restaurant here, an excellent choice. My favorite at the best restaurant is cheek meat tacos. I dont have the courage to try the brain or guts tacos.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A

2 cups sugar
.5 cup milk
4 tbsp cocoa

Bring these ingredients to a boil (slowly, if you heat too fast your cookies will be gritty). Once it starts to boil allow it to stay boiling for one minute then remove from heat and add:

.5 cup peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla.

Damn, now I have to make some of these for Christmas Eve. My go-to cookies are fatass ginger snaps, but I'm out of molasses.

Another favorite of mine is hillbilly peanut butter fudge - nuke one container of storebought vanilla cake frosting with one jar of creamy peanut butter until it all melts, stir, refrigerate. Frickin' delicious. And about the most fattening stuff in the universe.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by auk1124

2 cups sugar
.5 cup milk
4 tbsp cocoa

.5 cup peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla.

Damn, now I have to make some of these for Christmas Eve. My go-to cookies are fatass ginger snaps, but I'm out of molasses.

Another favorite of mine is hillbilly peanut butter fudge - nuke one container of storebought vanilla cake frosting with one jar of creamy peanut butter until it all melts, stir, refrigerate. Frickin' delicious. And about the most fattening stuff in the universe.

That's a nugget from the quarantine goldmine. Do you stir until there is ribbons or until its thoroughly mixed together? I'm making this soon.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bet those taste incredible.

Originally Posted by robertham1
Birria Quesotacos

This is essentially the recipe I used.
https://www.thecookingguy.com/cookbook/https/youtube/rexifmidtru

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Tony Dean's Walleye Chowder

(Any fresh water fish will work)

I usually double the walleye fillets and bacon or just double the whole recipe for a bigger batch.

Ingredients

5 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
3 tbsp butter
½ cup celery, chopped
1 large yellow onion, chopped
¼ cup all-purpose flour
4 cups cold milk
2 cups cubed red potatoes (approx. 2 potatoes)
2 (8 ounce) walleye fillets, cut into chunks
Freshly ground salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley

Instructions

Heat the butter in a large stock pot over medium-high heat. Add the celery and onions, sauté until softened.
Stir in flour to form a roux. Slowly whisk in the milk.
Add the potatoes and bacon and stir gently. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes, or until potatoes are cooked through.
Add fish chunks and cook for an additional 6-8 minutes, or until fish is cooked through.
Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with parsley and serve.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Rooster7

I usually double the walleye fillets and bacon or just double the whole recipe for a bigger batch.

Ingredients

3 tbsp butter
½ cup celery, chopped
¼ cup all-purpose flour
4 cups cold milk

Instructions

Heat the butter in a large stock pot over medium-high heat. Add the celery and onions, sauté until softened.
Add the potatoes and bacon and stir gently. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes, or until potatoes are cooked through.
Add fish chunks and cook for an additional 6-8 minutes, or until fish is cooked through.

Mojakka-Finnish Fish Soup

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by stxhunter
fifty lbs sweet feed and fifty lbs sugar.

That brings back memories, lol. Had an uncle, rest his old soul, that made a fortune during WWII when grain and sugar were almost impossible to get. He would buy sweet feed by the train car load and turn it into "water". He said the trick was to run the feed through a grinder, boil it to release the starch as he called it, and use a high grade yeast and malted rye in combination to get the highest yield, since the only added sugar was the molasses in the sweet feed. I think he kept western N.C. and northern Ga. supplied for years, up into the 70's with that recipe, and some of the folks still say it was the best shine they ever had.
I've still got a few of his old green glass half gallon jars with the porcelain lined lids out in the shop, but sadly, all of the contents seems to have evaporated over the years.

"...and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
Luke 22:36
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by 19352012

That's a nugget from the quarantine goldmine. Do you stir until there is ribbons or until its thoroughly mixed together? I'm making this soon.

Microwaves vary, but try dumping the tub of frosting and jar of peanut butter together in a bowl, nuke for one minute, stir, nuke another minute, and by that point it should be very creamy. Stir thoroughly and chill, no need to do anything else.

Takes no time at all, is ridiculously rich and good if you have a sweet tooth. Best kept chilled.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by BCBH
Mississippi Pot Roast. Very easy to make (Google it)

Got one of these in the crock pot, very simple.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I don't have a go to recipe but since the lockdown I've never eaten better in my life.

I hated this as a kid, but last week we had a sugar cured ham and had a huge bone left over with some meat on it. My wife put on a pot of great northern beans and let that hambone soak in there for several hours, she added some seasoning to the beans as well - I've been eating those beans for 3 days now.

My wife and I have really stepped up our game with chili, fish tacos, pot roast, brownies, pecan pie, and a few other odds-n-ends.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S

2 cups sugar
.5 cup milk
4 tbsp cocoa

.5 cup peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla.

If I didn't know my sister would be making some peanut butter fudge for Christmas I'd try this recipe! I'll try it later this spring if I can lose a little bit of this belly I've been growing this year.

Let me know how your no bakes go, they are my favorite and my kids will tell you mine are the best lol.

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Rooster7

Ingredients

3 tbsp butter
½ cup celery, chopped
¼ cup all-purpose flour
4 cups cold milk

Instructions

This sounds and looks really good. I'll have to try it after the holidays. Thank you.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

638 members (1234, 19rabbit52, 007FJ, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 1936M71, 59 invisible), 2,576 guests, and 1,265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,694
Posts18,456,603
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.