Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
RLA Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Anybody have any experience using one of these in 223? I have seen them on line, but none local to shoulder.

I like the longer barrel, just not sure how the stock would fit.

thanks

GB1

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Had one in a 22hornet. When I first brought it home I put a 2-7 leupold on it.

I soon ditched that because of comb height. I didnโ€™t play around with ring and scope combos....but I canโ€™t see possibly getting a good cheekweld no matter what you do.

The Lux models are best left with the iron sights IMO.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
My 527 has an American vs. Bavarian style stock, so comb is a bit different.

The lowest possible mount, in my experience, is the DIP rail and low (.9") Weavers. With this combo, you gotta have the newest, low bolt handle, which can be swapped out. https://www.diproductsinc.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=1133585 This is an older 3-9x40 Leupold and it works great. The rail allows the forward rings to not be so close per the very short action. I generally don't like rails, but this one works for me and I tried several combos.

BTW, this one is a .22 K-Hornet, I opened it up with a rented reamer. Prestige model has extra nice wood.

DF

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com] [Linked Image from i.imgur.com] [Linked Image from i.imgur.com] [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Mine isn't as pretty as DF's.

I don't hold that against it though.

Might be the last rifle I'd part with.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Mornin gang. At one time I had two cz 527s one in 223.& 204. First, loved the single set triggers. The safety to some seems to be a bad thing because it's backwards. If this is so hard to remember maybe they can't remember to pull the hammer back on a Winchester 92 or 94????? The clip or magazine does protrude from the bottom some & some can't seem to figure out how to carry it??? To me, maybe just me, once you put a scope on any gun it becomes harder to carry. I've actually used the scope as a handle and never had a problem. Also there is now a 3 shot flush mounted clip from the distributor, and two or three gunsmiths in the USA that will turn your (clip) into a flush mounted one. Both mine were super accurate, easily moa with dam near everything you fed them. Also if you don't like the single set trigger it can be adjuster out to were it becomes just a normal trigger adjustable for weight, take up, over travel. Oh one more thing, there really compact and light weight. I know I know it's harder to shoot a light rifle, well how come most of us shoot our 22 rimfire pretty well. My chum has a volquartson 22 mag with the carbon fibre wrapped bbl and even off hand it's pretty easy to hit the gongs out farther than would be humane for game. I think the CZs are great!!! No I don't have the 204 anymore and if you don't know why then your not a true loony!!! I'm left handed and they still put out a LH. gun so all I can order right now is the 223! I wish (off course) I could get one in 17 fireball, 17 Remington, and a 6.5 Grendel or even a 6mm ar!!! We can all dream can't we. Enjoy your gun and don't listen to all the nay Sayers. Bill out. ๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ

IC B2

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Son_of_the_Gael
Mine isn't as pretty as DF's.

I don't hold that against it though.

Might be the last rifle I'd part with.

And, the bolt handle is on the wrong side. blush

But, looks like it works... cool

Those are really nice guns.

DF

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Ha! If they made more with the bolt handle backards I'd have more of them. Should have bought a .204 when they were available.

That one even shoots the (discontinued) Nosler 64gr well. Ask Bambi's sister there.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

234 members (30Gibbs, 10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 264mag, 16penny, 300_savage, 34 invisible), 2,806 guests, and 1,022 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,277
Posts18,467,631
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.