Print Thread
Hop To
G
GWPGUY Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Well I've finally given up!!! At one time I had a Remington left hand sps varmint in 17 fireball & yes I let it get away on me. I've been searching ever since for another one to no avail. Tried to find an H&R to do a barrel stub project & haven't found one of those either, everyone seems to think that because there not produced anymore that there collector pieces, geeezez!!! Ok I'll order a contender & wait??? Not available in 17 fireball, would have to order an action from one place & a bbl from another & no one will quote a price????? Some Canadian gun shops won't import along with some in the USA won't export. Dam dam dam!!!! Well I found a savage right hand mod 25 in 17 hornet. I know there fugly!!! But they have a separate bolt head like the savage 110 so I can get a bolt head for a 223 & have a 17 fireball reamer run in it & I have my fireball. Not sure if it will feed from the 223 or 204 clip or not but I will find out before I attempt it. Although at this point I may just use it as a single shot with an adapter (epoxy) in place! Maybe someday I'll find my needle in a hay stack but until then I've got my fireball. Bill out. 🐾👣🐾👣🐾👣🇨🇦

BP-B2

G
GWPGUY Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
PS now I can use my die set & the 400 cases I've squirrelled away along with several 17 cal bullets that we're getting tarnished in the loading bench for so long. Wish me luck!!!! Bill out 🐾👣🐾👣🇨🇦

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Redgwell has managed to get what he wanted, though the exercise has been fraught with Peril and hampered by multiple delays. You might want to check with him about how to accomplish your next notion.

What fresh Hell is this?
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Match grade Machine will build you a 17 Fireball barrel.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
G
GWPGUY Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Thanks guys for the help. Will MGM export though, not sure but I'll look into this for now. Got the savage 25 for cheap cheap, & a reamers not to much plus I'll have the reamer after. I'd like to have a nice rifle but this is for a truck gun that will get handled pretty rough. Things are getting pretty settled even up here so a quieter gun is needed, sad but true. Even when we're running coyotes if someone new wants to hunt with us the rule is nothing larger than 223! Unless we're hunting up north more then bring what you want, but use some discretion, our gang is welcomed everywhere we go because we're big on public relations, especially with the farmers. There is another gang though and they go we're ever they see fit!!! Permission or not. Makes it bad for all. Truly hope the next generations get to hunt but there filling the regulations with more and more hoops to jump through, sad!!! Anyway thanks for the suggestions I'll look into them. Bill out. 👣🐾👣🐾🇨🇦

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Steve Regwell (check my spelling of his last name) from here on the fire can help you here. There is an importer that will bring it in but I don't know who it is.

G
GWPGUY Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Thanks big time guys!!! Bill out. 🐾👣🐾👣🐾👣🇨🇦

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Man too bad you're North of the border. I have one of those LH 17FB I've been considering selling just sitting in the safe.

The chances they come, and the chances they go.
But the time. You don't get that back.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
pm sent to bbassi.

L
L
Originally Posted by bbassi
Man too bad you're North of the border. I have one of those LH 17FB I've been considering selling just sitting in the safe.

I'm north of the border too, but I have imported a few guns. If GPWGUY wants to import, it is super simple. He should talk to Prophet River in Lloydminster AB. They charge a flat import rate and take care of all the paperwork. You just send the rifle to a registered FFL dealer that works with them. Super slick!

IC B3

G
GWPGUY Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Thanks guys! After I play with this gun I'm going to get serious and talk to prophet River. He, well someone there was a big help with finding the best clip replacement for a mod. 700 remington LH in 6mm bench rest. Hey bassi what would you want for the LH fireball and would you consider sending it to specific FFL dealer??? I've looked at them on gun broker and most want double of what I paid up here in Canucka Stan. Just curious, thanks again guys!!! I think I'll stick to the contender idea, want something handy for the truck and may get a 30-30 bbl in the future. Can ya get a 20ga bbl for a contender??? Bill out. 👣🐾👣🐾🇨🇦

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Still looking for a H & R I have a 20ga with a transferbar prob can be had for cheap. nice shape but with bar broke wont go bang

NRA life & RSO Plays with old trucks and tractors

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
126 members (32_20fan, 338reddog, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 257robertsimp, 8 invisible), 1,449 guests, and 755 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,589
Posts18,397,893
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.