Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Tim,

eMail sent for a #3 Trail Boss quote. I would like it to closely match my existing #5 Drop Point. I sent you a couple of pics on my email too.

Many thanks ahead of time.

BP-B2

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Jon
I answered your email.
I should have an extra blade for you.

Thanks
Tim

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
Albert Einstein

At Khe Sanh a sign read "For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected never knew".
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Neat to see things rolling along as they progress. Thanks Tim!

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Right now, I am nearly at a frozen stand still.

Some knives out for sheaths.
Some ready to go out for sheaths,
Some ready to be assembled.
Some still out for heat treat.

And before you say that I should put some source of heat in the garage,
then I would feel obligated to do a lot more and for now I have enough on my plate.

Thanks
Tim

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
Albert Einstein

At Khe Sanh a sign read "For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected never knew".
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I thought it was cold down here in Wild Wonderful West Virginia, but Michigan is another kind of cold that has to be experienced, but not more than once, in my opinion.

Goodness Tim, stay inside where it's warm. I can't speak for others, but don't feel any obligation to work on my knife until the weather warms up enough to be comfortable and enjoy working.

8-12" coming here tonight and in the single digits. Only good news is I get my 2nd Covid shot tomorrow.

IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
It is warming some. Headed into the 30s in a few days.
We get our first shots today.

Last edited by michiganroadkill; 02/18/21.

Albert Einstein

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
First couple of knives from the S35VN build shipped out today.

Couple dozen in the queue for finish grind, assemble guards, assemble handles, finish, sheath, and sharpen.

Thanks
Tim

Albert Einstein

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
It seems to me like this CPM S35VN at 60/61 Rc is taking more effort to sharpen than
other steels I have used in the past.
Anxious to hear from customers on how the edge retention on these goes for them.
And the touch up as required.

Thanks
Tim

Albert Einstein

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Yep, I have switched to the edge pro Matrix diamond stones. Even abrasive blasting them with 80 grit AO I had to up the air pressure to get a consistent finish.

Hunt hard, kill clean, waste nothing and offer no apologies.

"In rifle work, group size is of some interest...but it is well to remember that a rifleman does not shoot groups, he shoots shots." Jeff Cooper

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Shipped a couple more.
I am working on them and some more notices this weekend.
Thanks
Tim

Albert Einstein

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
my new Olt knife showed up in yesterday's mail. I could not be more pleased!. Tim did a slack belt convex on this one, and the handsome handle is dyed Camel bone, one of my favorite materials. Hair popping sharp, and easily cuts dry Ash, Oak and Hickory wood. The shape is my old design from 2011, but made longer.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sam......

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I received mine in the mail on Monday too. It looks fantastic, and feels great in the hand. Great job Tim! Thanks again for using the maple that I provided for the handle; you made a new family heirloom.

[Linked Image]

Attached Images
IMG_E7711_sm.JPG (24.28 KB, 856 downloads)
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Received my #1 last week, looks like it may well become my favorite skinner!!!

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Very happy with the quality of workmanship. I have large hands and this skinner fits them perfectly. Anticipate ordering a boning knife in the future.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Shipping some more out next week and working on the last batch that
should go out around the end of this month.
Then a couple stragglers after that.
Thanks
Tim

Last edited by michiganroadkill; 04/14/21.

Albert Einstein

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
my new Olt knife showed up in yesterday's mail. I could not be more pleased!. Tim did a slack belt convex on this one, and the handsome handle is dyed Camel bone, one of my favorite materials. Hair popping sharp, and easily cuts dry Ash, Oak and Hickory wood. The shape is my old design from 2011, but made longer.

I like that design.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
thanks, I am quite proud of it. The one below was the original, in S30V. My design, and Tim's impeccable execution. Dyed Camel bone handles on both

Sam......

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Well, this was a heck of a run. Down to one knife left to ship and the list will be completed.

I do have a couple hardened blades left over.
I will be doing a heat #2 sometime later this year.
I have some customs to do out of the sheet steel I have left.
I also have a small pile of blade blanks to drill, grind, etc of the same patterns we did in heat #1.

Some time I will finish off the M4 I have left also.

Thanks to all. It was a good project. Thanks for the support and comments.

Tim

Albert Einstein

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Going to work on another S35VN batch later this year.
Knives s/b done this fall or possibly later.
Same basic line up as on page 1 of this thread. Possibly a couple customer
customs thrown in.
Let me know.
Thanks
Tim

Albert Einstein

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
If you are thinking about getting this next run, now is a good time
to let me know what you are thinking.
Thanks
Tim

Albert Einstein

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
192 members (257 mag, 10Glocks, 300_savage, 2UP, 300jimmy, 01Foreman400, 17 invisible), 1,551 guests, and 856 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,592
Posts18,397,911
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.