Print Thread
Hop To
T
Tim M Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Anyone using the Zions as a warm weather backpacking pant? how do they hold up?

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Have been wearing them a few years now and they have held up well.

Not sure I’d pay full retail for them, but I like them.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I've been pretty happy with mine.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I've got at least three pairs I think, going back ten years or more. I don't hike in long pants in warm weather, but I have them along for in camp, and I do hike with them fall, winter, and spring. Great pants.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Tim M

Hold up great. Love them. Wrangler makes a similar pant I like too. Can find at Walmart for around $20 on sale and they hold up well too.

IC B2

P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
My go to during CO 1st Rifle. I wear them over a merino base layer. One of the pairs has made the last three or four elk hunts in addition to regular wear working around the house. Great pants in my opinion.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Great pants. They hold up very well.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Like ribka above, I like the Wranglers. Good looking, well-fitting, durable, comfortable pants. I wear them in the office, at home, on hunts. Wearing a pair as we speak. Can probably buy 3 of them for the cost of one pair of Pranas. Give them a look.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I have three pair and really like them. I bought them for warm weather hunting but haven't worn them backpacking (yet). I also wear them to work and for quite a few other activities.

Last edited by JGray; 12/29/20.
W
W
I have Pranas, Wranglers, Eddie Bauer (the Costco edition), and OR Ferrosi. The ORs are my favorite, with the Pranas a close second. My only complaint with the Wranglers and Eddie Bauers is that they're a bit louder than the other two. Otherwise great pants for the price that I use for all sorts of activities.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have several pair. Hold up great in brush.

Yup.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by SLM
Have been wearing them a few years now and they have held up well.

Not sure I’d pay full retail for them, but I like them.

I will second every word of that.

T
Tim M Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by ribka

Hold up great. Love them. Wrangler makes a similar pant I like too. Can find at Walmart for around $20 on sale and they hold up well too.

The wranglers are what i use now, cant beat the price but sizing is all over the place. was looking for something maybe the next step up quality wise.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The primary reason the Prana shines over others is the integral/minimalist waist belt eliminates the need for a belt... with a pack it's a godsend, and one reason the others I own that are similar, but require a belt, get less use.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by ribka

The wranglers are what i use now, cant beat the price but sizing is all over the place. was looking for something maybe the next step up quality wise.

they're a bit better. Black diamond, marmot make a good pant too in same price range on sale

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by WyoJDubya
I have Pranas, Wranglers, Eddie Bauer (the Costco edition), and OR Ferrosi. The ORs are my favorite, with the Pranas a close second. My only complaint with the Wranglers and Eddie Bauers is that they're a bit louder than the other two. Otherwise great pants for the price that I use for all sorts of activities.

The Wranglers I tried were loud and I didn't think they breathed well.

I really like the Kuhl Revolvr pant and their Ramblr shorts.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have Pranas and Wranglers as well. Pranas are made of thicker material and seem to be better made but at the price, hard to beat the Wranglers.

Start young, hunt hard, and enjoy God's bounty.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have a couple sets of the Wranglers, the stretchy, five pocket design. I really dig them for everyday wear and using outdoors. It looks like it's been discontinued. Can still find a few here and there. Haven't tried the new ones, and at almost 2X the price will look at other options as well. Should have stocked up on the originals when they were easier to find.

Last edited by pointer; 01/04/21.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I've had two of the wranglers unlined. They are fine. Way better value than whatever the boutique line of hunting pants cost.

Had one pair of Pranas and they are pretty nice. My favorites though have been a couple different hiking pants I found at costco. UB tech I think is the one that I bought most recently though.

The fleece lined wranglers though are my favorite cool to cold hunting pants.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Biggs300
I have Pranas and Wranglers as well. Pranas are made of thicker material and seem to be better made but at the price, hard to beat the Wranglers.

Wrangler ATG Cargo Pants at $49.99 per pair direct from Wrangler. I use a Patagonia friction belt.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (1minute, 17CalFan, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 64 invisible), 2,130 guests, and 1,151 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,744
Posts18,457,732
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.