Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by TWR
People are stupid, $604 for a binary trigger? Why?

Like you said---people are stupid. People like the "coolness" factor. They are the ones who brag about going to the range to do "mag dumps".

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Gen 3 P-mags are worth the difference over the Gen 2's, but Gen 2's function just fine; Lancers are better yet.

MM

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Brownell's, lockedandloaded, and preppergunshop (last June) is where I stocked up on my Pmag M3's. Got steel ASC mags for the 6.8 from CDNN.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Have quite a variety my self but my pmag are gen 2 think of getting more for all the obvious reasons. Last year I lucked into a couple of 20 rd asc mags stick all ways promotes. They do work nice which brings the question that no one here are talking about them any particular reason? Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Have quite a variety my self but my pmag are gen 2 think of getting more for all the obvious reasons. Last year I lucked into a couple of 20 rd asc mags stick all ways promotes. They do work nice which brings the question that no one here are talking about them any particular reason? Mb

I only have the ASC mags for my 6.8. But, they work great and seem to be well built. I haven't been bouncing any off the ground while in a rifle, though, like Rob Ski at AK Operators Union. smile

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Brownell's deal on Magpul M2 magazines.

10 Magpul MAGPUL 30-Round PMAG GEN M2 MOE - $109.99 with code "PTT" + S/H

https://gun.deals/product/magpul-ar-15-30rd-pmag-10-pack-13999

https://www.brownells.com/magazines...p;utm_content=NA&utm_campaign=Itwine

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Ld do stripper clip shoes fit on gen 3 mags any better than the gen 2 ones? Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Bob, don't know. Don't use them.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
I got a lot of brass loaded with 55gr fmj's for just shooting, no small amount of 55 gr Hornady sp's for pd's and varminting. Bought a 100 ct box of berry's 50 rd boxes still got loose rds. A couple years back I run into a woman who was liquidating her late husband's "stuff" at a gunshow she had a cardboard box full of 10 rd gi strippers and 8-10 shoes. She wanted a buck for 10 strippers, I said make me a deal on the box she laughed held out her hand and said you have a 20? I have used a 100 of those and not even dented the level in that box. I figured if they are good enough to send our service people with off to the wars, they damned sure good enough for me for packaging for a fast mag reload just takes practice to do so. The shoe goes on a metal mag pretty good and even better if you fine tune the corners on the shoe with file work. The shoe slides on a gen 2 damn hard. That is why I asked. Mb

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I’ll go check

Pretty dang tight, I’d use GI mags.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by TWR; 12/23/20.
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Definetly tight, with a few strokes of a file a guy could take some off the shoe lips then paint it to code it to magpul. Makes me wonder what are service guys did who had magpuls in Iraq? Or does everyone on here use something else for reloading mags in a hurry? MB

Last edited by Magnum_Bob; 12/23/20.

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I haven’t heard of anyone using stripper clips in a long time.

I use a LULA loader if I’m loading lots of mags. Even got an UPLULA for pistol mags.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Very few of my mags would be loaded to max capacity without my LULAs. Thumbs just can't handle it anymore.

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I thought they were just something else to separate fools and money until I used one.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Well I just spent some time watching some you tube vids on lulas etc. That bench model is incredible.back to the op's question on best mags can anyone offer up opinions on the mags with the most resilient springs against fatigue caused by mags left loaded for a long period? Mb

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Well I just spent some time watching some you tube vids on lulas etc. That bench model is incredible.back to the op's question on best mags can anyone offer up opinions on the mags with the most resilient springs against fatigue caused by mags left loaded for a long period? Mb

Bob, I'm no expert. But, I've looked at a lot of input out there and boiled it all down to just loading 30 rd mags to 28 rds.

Hopefully, the sun, the moon and the stars come together there.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I’ve got a 20 round USGI mag that was used when I got it and it’s been loaded and stashed in my truck since new in 06, before that it rode in my 95. I pull it out from time to time and shoot it, reload it and it goes back in the truck. Never had a problem.

Got Magpul’s that have been loaded and stashed around the house since we moved in in 03 I think. Same with them I grab a few and go shoot, reload and put em back. Never a problem.

I’ve read that springs wear out due to using them, not from keeping them compressed. From what I can tell, they are right.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I use strippers a lot, and yes they work just fine on Pmags.

Last edited by liliysdad; 12/24/20.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Well went to town and bought some magpul gen 3 30 rd window mags .Bought the. Gen 2 ar15 m4 lula loader. Wow it is slick can load mags watch tv and drink beer at the same time. No more scraped fingers or knuckles. I'll still use my 10 rd strippers for fmj rd storage and ease of transport. Mb

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by shootem
Anybody have a first hand user opinion to offer? I ‘spect these prices won’t last into January. Amend 2 also has Glock mags with good reviews.

PSA has D&H on sale for $99.99 for a pack of ten, with free shipping.

I like Lancers, but don't kick down doors for a living or have any other experience along those lines. I've used PMAG, C-Products, old GI, etc. Various followers too. The only mag that I didn't like was an MFT.

My buddy just got out of the Army as a squad leader, and I asked him what he and his flying squirrel buddies like for mags a few months ago, as I was shopping while prices were low as well. He wrote back, "You will strip the feedlips on polymer ones then they are useless. P-Mags also hate the sand since the tolerances are too tight and the follower will get stuck on 1 piece of the smallest piece of sand."

He said that they liked BCM and D&H. I believe BCM are actually D&H.

I take all opinions with a heaping of salt, and collect a variety of mags for the long-term. Some polymer, some metal, and some Lancer.

Last edited by 4th_point; 12/24/20.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

668 members (1234, 19rabbit52, 1badf350, 007FJ, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 61 invisible), 2,625 guests, and 1,301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,694
Posts18,456,626
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.