Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Whenever I see a 1981 Country Squire wagon (pea green with wood accents) rolling down the road, I remind myself that some poor dumb bastard walked into a dealership and actually said “I want that one”!

Never underestimate the poor taste of the general public.

And never forget, YOU are the general public. 😆

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Here's an idea: why don't we complement other shooters on their choice of weapon, and shoot what pleases us?

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Brad
You kids get off the grass!

Rolling.........

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Lots a stupid fuuckers (with lotsa $$$) that think its cool, or they're (defying) the masses taking a hacksaw to a snout.... They're simply too lazy \stupid to send it to someone that can do a proper\good job.... But boy, it sure impresses the dummy story slickers that vicariously through said stupid\lazy\cheap fuucks... Congratulations.... Bless your heart, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery blah blah fuucking blah......

Its almost a travesty the stupidity that runs rampant here...

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Jeez, wish I had the time to sit around and bellyache about the rifle preferences of someone I've never met.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Judman
Lots a stupid fuuckers (with lotsa $$$) that think its cool, or they're (defying) the masses taking a hacksaw to a snout.... They're simply too lazy \stupid to send it to someone that can do a proper\good job.... But boy, it sure impresses the dummy story slickers that vicariously through said stupid\lazy\cheap fuucks... Congratulations.... Bless your heart, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery blah blah fuucking blah......

So, it's stupid if I want a 16.5" gun and I cut it myself, but it's awesome if I send to somewhere to have it done. Got it.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Only barrel i chopped down was on my CZ .375 H&H. 25" barrel on that thing and i am carrying in the bush. It even looked too long just sitting there. Although i honestly never found the barrel a liability at that length practically speaking. Except the time i got smart and took the front hood off for better light and promptly lost the front sight to a branch. So there was that. (Carved a new on out of elk antler and put the hood back on.) Anyways, i got 2" cut off it. It does feel better, and is still a tack-driver. And it certainly looks more balanced. Weighs maybe 1/3 pound less. Although functionally i think it may all be in my head, as i think it may mostly be in other people's heads, too. The latest fad, short barrels. Did O'Connor et al go on about how their barrels needed shortening? (I dunno, maybe some of them did.) What is 2" or 6" really in the woods? But that's okay, what's in our heads is the bottom line. When there's nothing in your head, they call that "a coma."

Which is why i care what a gun looks like, as have the majority of gunmakers through time, i'd argue. An ugly gun is just "a tool." Agreed. A great looking gun is just as good a tool - and many other positive things besides. I spent a fair amount of time with spokeshave, contour plane, file, sandpaper, stain and oil taking that .375 to another level aesthetically. Cos i didn't have the cash to buy a Rigby or a Westley Richard's gun made by artisans who understand how important aesthetics are in the human experience. I've known all sorts of guys who've told me they have no interest in aesthetics. Looking at all the ugly, cheap looking plastic guns they own I could begin to believe them until i see them out in a crowd of folks and see which women their eyes linger over. Then you know they're full of it.

I know i'm not the only one who feels like this. I recently read a review of the Browning BLR levergun that mentioned how the designers of that rifle had achieved "new levels of disharmony" in its lines. laugh

From a race of hunters, artists, warriors, and tamers of horses, we degraded ourselves to what we are now: clerks, functionaries, laborers, entertainers, processors of information.
� Edward Abbey

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by AKduck
Different tools for different jobs. Carry a 26” through alder choked hillsides and get back to us.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
MH,
How did the bipod work out for ya? laugh

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I actually almost used it on a long shot at a bear who disappeared over the hill-top he was playing around on. Too long for me to have made that shot offhand. Luckily, Mr. Moose appeared a few days later.

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by liliysdad
Originally Posted by Judman

So, it's stupid if I want a 16.5" gun and I cut it myself, but it's awesome if I send to somewhere to have it done. Got it.

Yep pretty much

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 02bfishn, 160user, 10Glocks, 1337Fungi, 61 invisible), 2,511 guests, and 1,228 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,344
Posts18,468,761
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.