Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
If entering private property to retrieve stolen property rightfully yours, and the thief tries to physically intervene, what side would the law support. The victim of theft, or the thief who would now be a “victim” of trespass.

Last edited by jackmountain; 12/25/20.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
lessee here
Trespass, and attack the property owner.
We'll all wanna hear how that works out...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
The douchbag who took the goods in the first place would be the victim.

I am MAGA.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I’d not wanna try that and find out. Possession is ownership until proven otherwise legally. You would probably be on the receiving end of the law there

If your gonna go all bufford on em, you better be the sheriff son.

Or at least that’s what my grandfather would say

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
The douchbag who took the goods in the first place would be the victim.

More than likely without a court order allowing the original victim or an agent of the court to retrieve the property.

But, I'd not take legal advice from a bunch of folks who argue the usefulness of the venerable '06 wink

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by johnw
lessee here
Trespass, and attack the property owner.
We'll all wanna hear how that works out...

Tune in tomorrow.
I bought a property at foreclosure and the previous owner owed debts. A debtor decided he should enter my newly acquired property and take property to satisfy his debt.
I’m not looking to attack anyone, but I will be taking home what’s rightfully and legally mine. Hopefully he see the error of his ways and stands down.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jackmountain
If entering private property to retrieve stolen property rightfully yours, and the thief tries to physically intervene, what side would the law support. The victim of theft, or the thief who would now be a “victim” of trespass.

Oh please Jesus let Jack post up the results! Please Jesus!

LOL

LOL
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
This might be as exciting as Kingston's Christmas surprise thread.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Fireball2

LOL

Let me know how much rent I owe this month for living in your head. Couldn’t be much since the square footage is so small?

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

LOL

Let me know Joe much I owe this month for living in your head. Couldn’t be much since the square footage is so small

I'm not the azzhole asking the stupid question.

LOL

LOL
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Valsdad
This might be as exciting as Kingston's Christmas surprise thread.

Doubtful, but I’ve tried my best for close to two weeks to settle this in a civil manner to no avail.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Merry Christmas!

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J

LOL

Let me know How much rent I owe you this month for living in your head. Couldn’t be much since the square footage is so small

I'm not the azzhole asking the stupid question.

LOL

Do “mail order brides” really come in the mail? What did the shipping run?
LOL

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
You bought foreclosed real estate? And the debtor seized personal property from the real estate that was left there from before foreclosure? Did he have a secured interest in the personal property? Is there any mechanism for title to personal property to pass through foreclosure? Are you sure you have free an clear title to what was seized?

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Do “mail order brides” really come in the mail? What did the shipping run?
LOL

You're thinking blow up dolls. They're so 1980. You should try the new robots, they don't care how drunk you are.

LOL
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
It depends on what the debt is for.If someone did work on the property and did not get paid,they can place a lien on it and the new owner is responsible for that debt.How ever that does not give them the right to trespass unless they have a Court order and a LEO with them.Don`t just go marching over there to retrieve your stuff.Have a LEO go with you .Or knock the guy out with a baseball bat from behind so he can`t ID you and take your stuff back.Probably what you would like to do but not the best idea. grin

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by readonly
You bought foreclosed real estate? And the debtor seized personal property from the real estate that was left there from before foreclosure? Did he have a secured interest in the personal property? Is there any mechanism for title to personal property to pass through foreclosure? Are you sure you have free an clear title to what was seized?

I have clear title to the real estate and a bill of sale from the bank conveying their interest in the personal property on site.
The thief has no judgement or lien on the property he took.
The property is a trailer that’s titled to the original property owner (now deceased with no heirs).

The thief is owed money for services rendered on a separate property.

The trailer’s coming home tomorrow.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I bought property in Oregon years ago that had lots of stored items on the property from a previous sale. According to Oregon law at the time I had to publish a notice to give time before the stored property became mine. Small town I just gave the property to the owner to keep them happy. Antiques, cars lots of big money involved that the former owner had stored for free and was mad that they could not continue doing so.

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I’d be very careful going onto someone else’s property to retrieve your stolen property. No matter how frustratingly ass backwards and unfair the law might be I’d hate to see a guy get the screws put to him over it.

Since the guy took your property (I assume after you closed on the property) and is holding it against a debt that he thinks is owed by someone else not related to you in any form I’d say that he’s likely fired up. Fired up enough to steal someone else’s stuff to satisfy a third party’s debt. A guy like that is not acting rational nor is he worried about repercussions apparently. Was the property stolen from you yours from before this purchase of a foreclosure or was the property stolen part and parcel of the foreclosure that you bought?

Be careful and don’t do anything that you’ll regret. Good luck.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I had some guys come back to get some Rent-To-Own furniture once after renters skipped out. I wasn’t touching that chit.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10ring1, 52 invisible), 2,713 guests, and 1,080 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,313
Posts18,468,282
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.