Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
A bullet!

That's what scarred me the most too. Caliber size one at the top of the calf, much bigger one at bottom, and third one on the ankle.

GB1

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I have been out in heavy woods when the wind came up, 40 to 50 mph gusts, widow makers crashing all around. That was freaky.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I cut my finger in the woods when I was a little kid with my pocketknife. That only slightly scarred me.

Now, dealing with people who can't spell really scars me...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Got the [bleep] startled out of me once. I opened the door to a shooting house in south Alabama and there was a buzzard siting in the chair. Darn thing just hopped on past me and flew away.

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
Bobcats and their screeching always gets my attention pretty quick.

Last edited by ffemt_123; 12/26/20.
IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
pea soup fog rolling in about 5:30 AM when i was on top of an unfamiliar mountain navigating via GPS when i lost the gps in thick brush. couldn't see 20 feet and couldn't tell when i was going up or down. 'ol bessy bellowing for her morning milking waaaay down in the valley was the only way i knew which way was which. learned a couple of lessons that day. keep the gps on a lanyard and always have a compass.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hunting Elk at a drop camp wall tent in the Bob Marshall . Outfitter warned us about it being a bad year for bears. The wolf population was up right before the started to allow hunting. Saw lion tracks not far from camp. We got pretty messed up one night and decided it would be fun to stand outside and blow a rabbit squeezer for about 15 minutes. Hit the little ridge below the camp with a spotlight and saw eyes everywhere. I didn’t sleep a minute that night. In my drunken state I was convinced I was either going to be mauled and drug off or shot by one of the other idiots in the tent who were now sleeping with loaded rifles.

------------------------
John
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MichieD
I came upon a group of hot forest Nymphs and me with no condom. Then I thought, when is the next time I'm going to have the chance to bang a few forest nymphs.

Always good to have some k-y wif you also.

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RS308MX
The minute I realized I was lost!

I can relate to this.....once in the Bob Marshall wilderness area and once in the Rockies of Colorado. The idea of spending the night alone in the mountains is quite disconcerting.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Was maybe 13 and fishing a pond at night. Had a big pissed territorial beaver following my row boat around tail-slapping at me. Close enough I could feel the spray a couple times. But I couldn’t see it and had no idea it was a beaver doing that. I thought for sure it was a Squatch following me down a shoreline whipping rocks at me that would be too big for any human to throw that far. Pop laughed his ass off when I got back to camp truly terrified.
Outside of that, I did get turned around in a piece of woods I thought I knew like the back of my hand. That was a unique kind of panic. Didn’t last all that long and I got my [bleep] together. But I understand now how people can come unhinged.
Also, boating, yes. On sea or lake. Whether a 30’ Grady or a 16’ Lund, there are times when the water is too big for the boat, and that sucks.

Last edited by Mr_Harry; 12/26/20.
IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Son and I were deer hunting on Kodiak Island. We had each shot a deer and were carrying the boned out meat in our backpacks. Headed back to camp and a blinding snow storm started. After awhile we realized we had walked in a circle and on top of our tracks was an enormous brown bear track, estimated it was a 10 footer for sure. Pulled out the compass and made a beeline for the beach watching our backs the entire time. Even the 375 H&H I was carrying felt small.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here in MS, no critters to hurt you other than a snake. Or maybe a boar hog.

What’ll get me is stepping in a covey of quail pre-dawn.

😂

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Stepping on a grouse while sneaking through the woods.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ingwe

Eye feel you're pane....

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by elkmen1
Let me see, being shot at in Vietnam. Two unscheduled helicopter landings on wildfires. Burnt the emblems, and melted paint and headlight covers on wildfires. Trees falling around me at night on wildfires. Cougar screaming at me in the dark, walking into a pack of wolves in the dark, My wife's heart attack, liberals, and people who want to take away my guns., Did I miss anything ???

Covid wink

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Originally Posted by ingwe

Eye feel you're pane....

Unless he meant “scarred”, as in leaving a mark, or as in traumatized, etc. In which case, his spelling would be correct and your reading comprehension poor.

IKE Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Was headed to my tree stand at dark thirty one morning and a covey of quail flushed at my feet.....really got my heart going.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Shawl Lady on LZ Saunders and her upper human silhouette buds watching me around tree trunks behind me going into area 50 on post.
Peekers....
Eerie azz schit.....
Sat at the base of a big ole oak till daylight with the hammer cocked,set trigger pulled, ready to rock.
Got the fugg outta their after daylight.....

Homie aint never walked in that spot in the dark alone ever since.

Walked in their one morning with slumlord years after.
set him up about 3 400 yds north of the tree peeker area.
I hit the ridge even further north.

He was making fun of me about it all.

Big meanie. ........

LOL!!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Jumped off a rock ledge into the mouth of a cave in West Texas. The damnest noise and "something" black bouncing off the cave walls coming fast at me. For a split second I could not comprehend what happening and it was pretty scary.

A buzzard was in the cave eating a dead goat and I obviously scared him as much as he did me.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Got between a momma black bear and one of her cubs one time. She charged the tree I was sitting in. I fired a quick shot through the bottom of the stand somehow missing her and my feet. Luckily she bailed out and took off down through the woods. As fast as she was coming, I'd have never gotten another shell in the rifle.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

75 members (10gaugemag, 300_savage, 6MMWASP, 44automag, 9 invisible), 2,062 guests, and 734 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,174
Posts18,465,406
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.