-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I give my wife a link for two pairs of shoes every year. She buys them and gives them to me when all the kids get their presents. It makes her feel better that she bought me something even though I would have bought them anyway. It's a solution for us. I don't want her buying anything for me but I wear my shoes out and need a few new pairs every year, one pair for work and one pair for off work.

I give her a card with a bunch of cash which she saves for something down the road.

The Church gets a similar gift for Jesus. They bless others in need.

Nothing too memorable but it's our way.

God Bless America
GB1

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Some Boom Boom

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Metabo double bevel sliding miter saw and a Ridgid stand for it

Who is John Galt?
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
We have been fortunate over the years so a number so years back we agreed to not give gifts to each other but instead send the funds to charities that each person chooses.

Hugh
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I get mittens.

IC B2

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by HughW
We have been fortunate over the years so a number so years back we agreed to not give gifts to each other but instead send the funds to charities that each person chooses.

So the other person chooses where to send the money. What if they want you to give it to BLM or something like that.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Esox357
Flannel pants
Gift card to a steakhouse
Birchwood spinning target for handguns and 22
Chainsaw protective pants
Butane torch lighter
Gift card to Cabelas/Bass Pro
Titanium Spork
Cast Iron pan

I'm gong to guess you made a Christmas wish list.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
She got me an Outdoor Edge 'RazorPro' knife. Not something I would have hunted down myself but I think it might be all right. I've got a Havalon that has a replacement blades system too but its small and flimsy this one has a full length back that holds the blade its stout like a normal knife so should be ok for boning and taking joints apart. Has a second curved gutting blade that's part of the knife not disposable. Also merino shirt Carhartt hoodie and a down vest and too much candy and schit.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by WAM
T
Originally Posted by slumlord
A tin of cookies made by my sister. Probably with her Bengal cat on the counter while she made the dough

Those will be “treats” for the Labrador retrievers. 😃

Homemade treats made by anyone who has cats or those I’ve not personally seen how they keep house automatically say Merry Christmas to the chickens....

Yup

same for my mother in law

And she doesnt even have cats. Sends food over here from the other side of the farm. I give dat sheeit to the dogs too.

lol

My MIL had really long finger nails that would make me cringe at meal time. The thought of her cooking with them just did not set right.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by OldHat
Originally Posted by HughW

So the other person chooses where to send the money. What if they want you to give it to BLM or something like that.

Well if we had that type of issue I think a trade in would have occurred a long time back. The reason this works for us is we are pretty well aligned on what we support and what we don't (including political - right not left). This year were all social -- homeless shelters, youth emergency programs. Past years medical -- cancer, Alzheimer, heart. We each put together a list and then compare notes and agree. There was one dropped which was a women's shelter led by a lady who is a known left wing - anti firearm activist which my wife did not know the full story on.

People do need to take deep dives into who is behind the charities and what is the money going to be used for. Some up her have admin fees on general contributions in excess of 60% or environmental charities that have direct linkages to Greenpeace / Y2Y or BHA.

Hugh
IC B3

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (12344mag, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 55 invisible), 2,306 guests, and 1,195 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,610
Posts18,454,896
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.