Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Here's whatcha do. Go down the Sheriff's office and make a complaint and request them to help you get your trailer back. (I assume you can show/prove that it was on your property.) IF, the Sheriff balks at helping you with this cause he's too busy, yada, yada, yada, - - - just tell him that you and a buddy will be going there to get your stuff and he'll probably be called out there anyway. It just might work.

Years ago when I was single with a couple roommates, our house was broken into and lots of stuff was stolen including reserved tickets to a concert. My roommate somehow knew the seat numbers. We went to the police with that info and asked them to send someone to the show to check to see if anyone were in those seats, as they would either be the thieves or could have bought them from the thieves. The cops said na, they couldn't spare the resources yada, yada, yada. We said, "Ok, we'll check them ourselves and that we would handle it our way." The detective mumbled that he would see what he could do. We said that we would be there to make sure a cop was sent out. We went there and sure enough there was a cop and he checked those seats several times but no one showed up. The cop said, well you might as well go in and enjoy the show.

BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Trailers need to be titled, correct?

Just report it as stolen. Not worth the legal fees to get you out of jail.

God Bless America
C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by UncleAlps
Trailers need to be titled, correct?

Not everywhere.

Mathew 22: 37-39

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Just out of curiosity what kind of trailer are you talking? Equipment trailer? Trailer house? I probably missed it if previously posted. I’m just trying to get an idea of how difficult it might be to slip in and get what’s yours.

Rick
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What about hiring a Repo Agent?

If you have proof of ownership. Pay a fee and have them legally “Repo” the trailer.

😎🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Equipment type trailer. Older, worth maybe $1K. Other items adding up to possibly another $1K. Way past the point of monetary value being a driving factor. Went by today and no sign of it or him at his place. Guy won’t answer the phone to try to settle things in a civil manner. This is 1 1/2 hrs from my home so logistically it’s not like I can run by every day to see if I can catch him.
Guess I’m back to just letting my attorney settle it. Covered there, my guy is damn good.
Ridiculous that something so simple gets sideways because LEO’s lack of common sense and willingness to perform his duty.

Last edited by jackmountain; 12/26/20.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Equipment type trailer. Older, worth maybe $1K. Other items adding up to possibly another $1K. Way past the point of monetary value being a driving factor. Went by today and no sign of it or him at his place. Guy won’t answer the phone to try to settle things in a civil manner.
Guess I’m back to just letting my attorney settle it. Covered there, my guy is damn good.
Ridiculous that something so simple gets sideways because LEO’s lack of common sense and willingness to perform his duty.

Wise decision

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
Reporting something stolen here always
gets the same bored response
" well it's probably already in mexico by now. . ."

That doesn't mean they'll look for it

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Ranger99

“Check the pawnshops, we never catch these guys”

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I thought everyone in in highland county kept a hole dug for just that reason.

IC B3

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Plan B:

Pay a neighbor to put a tracking device on his truck, so you can watch where he goes online. Once off his property, wait until he goes into a store, and then pull up next to his truck and unhook the trailer, and then latch it onto your truck and leave.

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
LOL

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

When a cop says to check the pawnshops what the cop is really saying is “I don’t GAF about your stolen items and I don’t GAF about you. You’re bothering me and I don’t plan to help.” Pawnshops send in descriptions, model numbers and serial numbers as required by law.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by srwshooter
I thought everyone in in highland county kept a hole dug for just that reason.

If the guy wasn’t owed money and was just an everyday thief maybe. I sympathize with him to some extent, being put in the same position a few times. But lapse of judgement has to be followed up with admission of wrong doing and making things right.

He’s had enough time now to get clarity but doesn’t seem to be comprehending the error of his ways.

Basically he’s a dimwit like fireballz. Probably not rubbing your scheit in your hair clinically retarded like ballz, but not playing with a full deck either.

Last edited by jackmountain; 12/26/20.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Kill him.
Burn his house down.
Salt his fields.
Sell his children into slavery.
Give his women to your servants.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91
Plan B:

Pay a neighbor to put a tracking device on his truck, so you can watch where he goes online. Once off his property, wait until he goes into a store, and then pull up next to his truck and unhook the trailer, and then latch it onto your truck and leave.

Sweet baby Jesus, you’re stupid elky

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Kill him.
Burn his house down.
Salt his fields.

P

[bleep]..... I love this guy.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

When a cop says to check the pawnshops what the cop is really saying is “I don’t GAF about your stolen items and I don’t GAF about you. You’re bothering me and I don’t plan to help.” Pawnshops send in descriptions, model numbers and serial numbers as required by law.

We wind up hitting the local pawns fairly frequently after a burg/theft because, around here, they don’t.
None of them are in my jurisdiction either, so that makes it an extra pain in the ass. Worth it, though, since we’ve closed a bunch of cases that way. Dumbass thieves......

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Kill him.
Burn his house down.
Salt his fields.

P

[bleep]..... I love this guy.

I would never leave him off this easy....

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Kill him.
Burn his house down.
Salt his fields.

P

Holy schit! Are we related? Wife gets after me for saying stuff like that to people when they ask about dealing with a problem. She used to think I was joking. She knows me better now. I tell her not to worry, I am mature enough not to use the first strategy that comes to my mind. Most of the time, anyway.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
457 members (1Longbow, 160user, 300jimmy, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 257 mag, 47 invisible), 2,042 guests, and 965 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,595
Posts18,398,143
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.