Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
I
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I

This was sent to me by a friend of mine:

No one ever talks about how to fight Covid at home. I came down with Covid in November. I went to the hospital, running a fever of 103, a rapid heart beat, and other common symptoms that come with Covid. While I was there they treated me for the high fever, dehydration and pneumonia.

The doctor sent me home to fight Covid with two prescriptions - Azithromycin 250mg & Dexamethason 6mg. When the nurse came in to discharge me, I asked her, "What can I do to help fight this at home?" She said, “Sleep on your stomach at all times with Covid. If you can’t sleep on your stomach because of heath issues sleep on your side. Do not lay on your back no matter what because it smashes your lungs and that will allow fluid to set in.

Set your clock every two hours while sleeping on your stomach, then get out of bed and walk for 15-30 min, no matter how tired or weak that you are. Also move your arms around frequently, it helps to open your lungs. Breathe in thru your nose, and out thru your mouth. This will help build up your lungs, plus help get rid of the Pneumonia or other fluid you may have.

When sitting in a recliner, sit up straight - do not lay back in the recliner, again this will smash your lungs. While watching TV - get up and walk during every commercial.

Eat at least 1 - 2 eggs a day, plus bananas, avocado and asparagus.These are good for Potassium. Drink Pedialyte, Gatorade Zero, Powerade Zero & Water with Electrolytes to prevent you from becoming dehydrated. Do not drink anything cold - have it at room temperature or warm it up. Water with lemon, and little honey, peppermint tea, apple cider are good suggestions for getting in fluids. No milk products, or pork. Vitamin’s D3, C, B, Zinc, Probiotic One-Day are good ideas. Tylenol for fever. Mucinex, or Mucinex DM for drainage, plus helps the cough. Pepcid helps for cramps in your legs. One baby aspirin everyday can help prevent getting a blood clot, which can occur from low activity. "

Drink a smoothie of blueberries, strawberries, bananas, honey, tea and a spoon or two of peanut butter.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
BP-B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
You know this is all a hoax and you don't need any of that. I read it here on the 'fire.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
How bout you that it like the flu and ignore the propaganda.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Ya ever see a patient with pneumonia in a hospital sleeping on their stomachs?

Me neither.

Doctors and weatherman, two professions where they can be consistently wrong and still get paid.

Last edited by steve4102; 12/29/20.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Took a while after C 19 appeared for real docs to discover sleeping on stomachs helped breathing, Dr Stevie.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Yeah, pneumonia is a relatively new thing.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Everybody knows that

Sleeping on the stomach, that data was put out many months ago.

If youre some hayseed in a rural hayseed hospital, and find yourself in a bad way being cared for by people who have wasted their life watching gunsmoke and not keeping up...well then it’s on you.

Be your own advocate.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by slumlord
Everbody knows that

Sleeping on the stomach, that data was put out many months ago.

If youre some hayseed in a rural hayseed hospital, and find yourself in a bad way being cared for by people who have wasted their life watching gunsmoke and not keeping up...well then it’s on you.

Be your own advocate.

By the same people that claim this thing killed 300,000 people, cool.

That masks work
That lockdowns work

You follow Dr Fauci, the CDC and the WHO, they indeed do have your best interests at heart and none of this is a political stunt.

Last edited by steve4102; 12/29/20.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I dont follow fauci

I listened to what my cardiologist told me in August, he had the virus. He directed his own care.

We share intelligent conversation during my appointments.

Dont sweep in here with a snarky gotcha jab.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
I took 50 mg prednisone every other morning for about 6 days when breathing became difficult. Coughed like crazy, no sputum.

Felt well, went for ducks or quail and breathed cool air, weakness hit, barely made it back to truck.. Back in bed a few days and on pred again. This went on for the month of Jan. It saved a lot of birds.

Now i would take Vit D and Zinc Sulphate to prevent.

To fight it without meds i would jump to 20,000 IU of D, 200 mg Zinc Sulfate, Turmeric, Black Elderberry, Oregano capsules, NAC.

I would rec seeing a Dr who would Rx Azithromycin or Clindamycin and Hydroxychloroquine and/or Ivermectin.

Study in Venezuela just ended. None of 800 nealth care workers who took Ivermect prophylacticly got C19 disease.

Of 400 who didnt, over 200 got ill with Covid.

One of the biggest mistakes was the Medical communities dissing Hydroxychloroquine and having folks stay home until at deaths door.

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jaguartx
I took 50 mg prednisone every other morning for about 6 days when breathing became difficult. Coughed like crazy, no sputum.

Felt well, went for ducks or quail and breathed cool air, weakness hit, barely made it back to truck.. Back in bed a few days and on pred again. This went on for the month of Jan. It saved a lot of birds.

To fight it without meds i would jump to 20,000 IU of D, 200 mg Zinc Sulfate, Turmeric, Black Elderberry, Oregano capsules, NAC.

I would rec seeing a Dr who would Rx Azithromycin or Clindamycin and Hydroxychloroquine and/or Ivermectin.

Study in Venezuela just ended. None of 800 nealth care workers who took Ivermect prophylacticly got C19 disease.

One of the biggest mistakes was the Medical communities dissing Hydroxychloroquine and having folks stay home until at deaths door.

You fuggin loon

lol

You going to go outside today or just post links from gateway pundit?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

You fuggin loon

lol

Post some good stuff from the CDC and The WHO while you are at it.

They are a great source of medical info and knowledge.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

Dont sweep in here with a snarky gotcha jab.

You fuggin loon

lol

I'm confused.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If your in those certain risk groups I'd get the pneumonia vaccine as well. Even if not.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by FatCity67
If your in those certain risk groups I'd get the pneumonia vaccine as well. Even if not.

Yep. I get it and the flu vac.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

You fuggin loon

lol

Dayom, Slum, i got up at 430 to make it 80 miles to be at the old buffalo wallow palaya lakes at daylight back east for sandhills. I just got back an hour ago and got to rest. grin

Last edited by jaguartx; 12/29/20.

I Dindo Nuffin
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

You fuggin loon

lol

Dayom, Slum, i got up at 430 to make it 80 miles to be at the old buffalo wallow palaya lakes at daylight back east for sandhills. I just got back an hour ago and got to rest. grin

Sandhills too? I'm jealous.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

Did you have Covid? Were you ever tested.

I read what you write here and take heed. Just curious

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42

Did you have Covid? Were you ever tested.

I read what you write here and take heed. Just curious

I had Covid (tested positive twice with hospital administered nasal swabs) so did the wife. I'm the poster child for "pre existing conditions" Overweight, asthma, lost a kidney to cancer, all the things they said were bad. Fever for 2-2.5 days, 7 days total tired. I've worked much sicker honestly. Caught up on work around the house for the remaining 7 days my job made me stay home. Got fatigued a little quicker is all. Just my experience with it. Been taking extra vitamin D since mayish and am on asthma meds. Maybe it helped I don't think anyone knows really.

Last edited by k20350; 12/29/20.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I haven't tested but I am positive my wife and I have it. It's fortunately been pretty mild for me. Exposed the 16th and started quarantining once I knew of exposure. Symptoms started around 22nd, all sense of smell and taste gone by the 24th. My 6 yo son and I hunted (away from people) 23rd through 26th. I probably felt the worst the 24th I was able to kill a few ducks, complete a successful 2-3 mile spot and stalk on a whitetail and drug it to the road (though I was really short of breath and struggling) and killed a feral pig in the afternoon. I knew for sure I had it when I found a deer one of my fellow lease member's teenage son wounded with a bow a month ago. It didn't smell so I threw the head in the SUV I drive around the lease and my son began strongly complaining and asking for me to throw it out because it smelled so bad. I also walked up to a week old pig carcass without smelling it. Neither my wife nor I have ANY sense of smell or taste. I felt bad every morning with a little pressure / pain in my chest when laying in bed but once up and moving have mostly felt better, though no appetite for a few days, cough, headache, stuffy, etc. Mainly just have a cough now.

My strategy has been to keep moving, get some sunshine, take zinc, Vit D, Vit C and oregano oil and lots of water. Having no sense of taste has really changed my eating habits. About the only flavor I can sense (not sure if it's actually taste) is salt and maybe a slight sensation with citrus. Bacon is no longer tempting and coffee is like drinking heated water.

I've been fortunate. I know others that have been hospitalized.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
111 members (405joe, 338reddog, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 16 invisible), 1,364 guests, and 673 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,588
Posts18,397,856
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.